Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

I don't. I detest self righteous, patronising gits:rolleyes:. Completely uninteresting.
Isn't that stereotyping?
are there not working class self righteous patronising gits too?
or upper class come to that or even the so called lower classes too?

I think that has all the classes covered (y)

Isn't that stereotyping?
No, not at all. I didn't say all middle class folk were self righteous or patronising. In fact I never mentioned middle class people in that post at all. All I said was I detested self righteous, patronising gits. No mention of class.

No, not at all. I didn't say all middle class folk were self righteous or patronising. In fact I never mentioned middle class people in that post at all. All I said was I detested self righteous, patronising gits. No mention of class.
Ah OK I must have miss read your comments / intentions then when you quoted Rich_Ellis

Great news. Bunch of middle class t***s
I like middle class t**ts. Much more interesting than the "I'm working class and proud of it"
I don't. I detest self righteous, patronising gits:rolleyes:

Even if he was involved in a noisy disturbance or scuffle. I think suspending him is a bit much. Producers are two a penny in the BBC just wheel in a new one.

Ah OK I must have miss read your comments / intentions then when you quoted Rich_Ellis
Well, you could always manipulate my posts to try to make it fit your misrepresentations of what I said but it doesn't change anything and even more I don't even care.

Well, you could always manipulate my posts to try to make it fit your misrepresentations of what I said but it doesn't change anything and even more I don't even care.
Don't try and make out that I manipulated your posts so you can back track!
They are your quotes, quoted in order and a quote of your quote, in reply to Rich_ellis.

I like TG, there's a chemistry between all three of them, which I don't see on other similar shows, I especially like fast cars, well all cars, engines/engineering and machinery really.

Even with all the cocking about, I find it amusing and watch every Sunday, even my sister and my mum likes it too.

:)

Oh sure you do lol

Don't try and make out that I manipulated your posts so you can back track!
They are your quotes, quoted in order and a quote of your quote, in reply to Rich_ellis.

Read it again and consider it. I don't believe you are as perseptive as seem to think you are. If you were, you'd have been able to see right away what I was getting at but you failed.

You're sure doing a lorrra typing for somebody who doesn't care:rolleyes:
So, typing means I care? Joke right?

I've not mastered the use of forums without typing. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Read it again and consider it. I don't believe you are as perseptive as seem to think you are. If you were, you'd have been able to see right away what I was getting at but you failed.
I take the written word at face value, I have no choice as I can't read what's in your mind as you type ;)

Top Gear as a format is long overdue an overhaul imho...

However who wouldn't want their job, if you were a petrol head........

I take the written word at face value, I have no choice as I can't read what's in your mind as you type ;)
Maybe I'll draw you a picture next timeo_O

in the iconic words of catherine tates 'nan' "WHAT A DIABOLICAL f*****g LIBERTY"

Reactions: BBR
I think it needs a refresh. I quite like the three presenters, and when they go solo they do good stuff, its the scripted "banter" that grates - maybe they need to give Richard Porter more time to do SniffPetrol.

I have to say I agree with Brash!
I think top gear is crap with contrived races and I've never liked Clarkson esp as he's anti biker

Whatever you say these days there is almost certainly a c*** out there doing his best to get offended. I hate this political correctness pish; since that has come on BBC programming became turd.

I have to say I agree with Brash!
I think top gear is crap with contrived races and I've never liked Clarkson esp as he's anti biker

I like top gear for the fun but I don't like the constant hate on cyclists - we have enough on the roads without him encouraging them. Plus cyclists can be petrol heads to when off the bike

I think it needs a refresh. I quite like the three presenters, and when they go solo they do good stuff, its the scripted "banter" that grates

:agree:

Some of Clarkson's own stuff such as the WW2 North sea convoys was refreshing. His passion for industrial heritage also seems genuine.

James May has done some good stuff and I really enjoyed the drink thing he did with Oz Clarke.

Hammond is a bit hit and miss. My eldest enjoys his science programs but I wish he'd stop trying to be Stan Laurel.

The articles are just re hashes of previous apparent sins of clarkson, not news.

It seems that there are knives out for him within the BBC, previously any sin of his has been 'leaked' and oddly, the Beeb have never seemed keen on plugging those leaks.

So, all we have is a fracas with a producer, who's not been suspended, but Clarkson has. Might be an interesting day out at an ET then unless the BBC have got all their ducks in a very straight row.

This. The leaks about the nigger comment came from something not even broadcast and an off take, from 7 other takes. Bbc is very PC at the moment and clarkson should just take the top gear brand elsewhere.

Interesting to see there's been no comment from May and Hammond, usually they call him a cock, or make statements to the press, but this time just silence, nothing even on twitter.

Last edited:
I like top gear for the fun but I don't like the constant hate on cyclists - we have enough on the roads without him encouraging them. Plus cyclists can be petrol heads to when off the bike

It's just the latest 'target' like caravans were for a series. And to be honest, if you work in London, drive in London, especially in commuter time then you'd have a fairly poor opinion of cyclists.

Interesting to see there's been no comment from May and Hammond, usually they call him a cock, or make statements to the press, but this time just silence, nothing even on twitter.

Apart from the suggestions BBC should show war films/documentaries.......I wonder??????

The viewing figures for TG show there's not really a case for a change of format or presenters. Yes, sometimes its not that interesting, and sometimes I don't have a clue who the star in the car is either. Clarkson, along with the other 2 though does seem to be popular with the world. Is that because we as a society are sick and tired of the PC industry enjoy JC getting away with digging at it?
Does it matter what the reasons are, he's popular, but seems to be like marmite, you like him or hate him.
Maybe it would be better if he did tell the BBC to stick it, and took the show to Sky.

Maybe it's time to use this as a further stick. Hit the bbc where it hurts on the licence fee. Whilst there's criticism on the fees paid to some stars, it's peanuts compared to the amount paid to senior management, which is old fashioned and out of touch. A good time to return to the debate of removing the licence fee?

No, he can't take the name Top Gear. But there's nothing to stop the three of them setting up on Sky, or anywhere else as "First Gear" or pretty much any name they like and carrying on.
The original, if it was left going might get a few petrol heads back, but I think the majority of viewers would follow Clarkson.

No, he can't take the name Top Gear. But there's nothing to stop the three of them setting up on Sky, or anywhere else as "First Gear" or pretty much any name they like and carrying on.
The original, if it was left going might get a few petrol heads back, but I think the majority of viewers would follow Clarkson.

I'm betting for the amount of money the BBC are reported to have bought the format and brand for they have that one pretty well stitched up.

But none the less you are discussing a subject that hold no interest to / for you ;)

....How about using the forum's new feature which locks out someone from a particular thread? I'm referring to Brash who just keeps banging on saying the same thing in each of his posts and furthermore without any respect whatsoever for those who think differently - We all get that he doesn't like 'Top Gear' or watch it. I can only assume that he used to watch it, otherwise how would he come to the conclusion that he doesn't like it?

Personally I like the way that JC and his sidekicks challenge all the political correctness crap (in my opinion) - It's just fun. Most jokes are always at someone's expense and are better appreciated as simply poking fun. Unfortunately some people lack any sense of humour and take JC far too seriously.

Clarkson seems to enjoy being controversial and offensive. He shrugs it off with a conviction that he'll always be forgiven and that he's untouchable due to his perceived value to the Top Gear brand. It's been inevitable for a few years that he was eventually going to push a "final warning" too far and start a pi**ing contest with senior BBC executives.

Anyone in any occupation should expect a suspension pending investigation if they're accused of throwing a punch-up in the workplace. There's no reason Clarkson should be any different.

But, the next two episodes could have gone ahead with either a substitute presenter or the other two. Unless, there's so much pre-recorded material they can't put together alternatives in time.

Personally I like the way that JC and his sidekicks challenge all the political correctness crap (in my opinion) - It's just fun. Most jokes are always at someone's expense and are better appreciated as simply poking fun. Unfortunately some people lack any sense of humour and take JC far too seriously.

You need to be taken away to a darkened room for re education. We have always been at war with Oceana...........

Back