Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

cant stand evans and not bothered either way about MLB but i`ll give TG a view when it comes out.interested in Amazons series more though as i like the 3 presenters and hopefully they feel reinvigorated.

Makes him a good presenter how? :D
Michael Atherton was a good cricketer...but as exciting as Valium as a presenter / commentator.
If he's commentating on cricket it's going to be boring anyway. Let's face it watching cricket is like watching paint dry. ;)

To be honest for me TG died a fair few years ago, although I did like May as he is actually interesting. JC and he sidekick RH just got a bit tired.

Can't see the new format lasting but neither can I see the amazon series lasting that long.

Will wait and see

To be honest for me TG died a fair few years ago, although I did like May as he is actually interesting. JC and he sidekick RH just got a bit tired.

Can't see the new format lasting but neither can I see the amazon series lasting that long.

Will wait and see

Does anyone know what the new format is?

Will wait and see

The Amazon show has already been financed for 36 shows over 3 years, so it will be around for a while.

Clarkson is an excellent presenter, if you want to see him in serious mode try and find "PQ17: An Arctic Convoy Disaster", it's excellent. A Google will find it on YouTube.

Reactions: BBR
The Amazon show has already been financed for 36 shows over 3 years, so it will be around for a while.

Clarkson is an excellent presenter, if you want to see him in serious mode try and find "PQ17: An Arctic Convoy Disaster", it's excellent. A Google will find it on YouTube.

If the ratings don't stack up, they'll can it quicker than tuna.

The BBC air the programme and have viewers who have TV. I don't have Amazon whatever its called, and won't purchase it either, so the same will be true for many more, that will mean the new TG wont get as many as the BBC, will that be enough to keep the backers happy?

As for Clarkson, he can be quite good, but, unfortunately I find him a one trick pony who should have gone years ago.

The BBC air the programme and have viewers who have TV. I don't have Amazon whatever its called, and won't purchase it either, so the same will be true for many more, that will mean the new TG wont get as many as the BBC, will that be enough to keep the backers happy?

You may be surprised. Recent research is showing that people's viewing habits are changing, particularly young people.More and more people are now spending more time on the Internet streaming videos, watching You Tube, Netflix and Sky than watching the conventional TV in the corner, preferring the convenience of watching it in bed at a time which suits them. Sky have obviously switched on and adapted (no pun intended) but the BBC are inwardly deeply concerned and looking at the whole iPlayer and licence fee infrastructure.

But do young people want to see 3 old farts hooning around in cars they (the viewer will never be able to afford? And, more to the point, will they PAY to watch it?

As for Clarkson, he can be quite good, but, unfortunately I find him a one trick pony who should have gone years ago.
I think you are underestimating the silver surfers. My in laws are up on those kind of things. They discuss it at their church, choir and wi groups. They love how it fits in with their busy social and entertaining lives and can watch when convenient for them.

And also the younger demographic. They loved the top gear formula. Except for the nerdy four eyes who will love the specifications and details. Most like the nonsensical goofing around. Nearly every household with young boys that I know had to cool wall made from fridge magnets up.

But do young people want to see 3 old farts hooning around in cars they (the viewer will never be able to afford? And, more to the point, will they PAY to watch it?

The thing is, they won't be paying to watch it. They already have Amazon, Netflix et all to watch movies and TV. They won't have to pay more to watch the aforementioned trio of bufoons.
Do I think people will take up these services just for TG? No, not many anyway....but that doesn't matter, because the rather large (and global) potential audience is already using them.

And let's not forget that whilst the yanks have their own version of the traditional TG, it's vastly watered down, so if the three musketeers continue to behave like they did on BBC, the yanks will lap it up.

How do they already have Amazon? I thought you had to buy the stick thing.

And? Lots of people already have it.
They won't need to buy it again to watch TG.

Last edited:
If you have it then I am sure you (they) will watch TG.

My point is, are people going to buy the stick just for TG?

I'm sure a few will.
But my point is, with existing subscribers, there's already a huge potential viewer base and....

But you still have to pay for it.

Not if you're an existing Amazon Prime member you don't.

It comes for 'free' with Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime also allow you to share it with your family/friends, up-to six people if I am not mistaken. My in-laws use my account all the time, they love the next day 'free' delivery, and they get all the music they want, and all the movies and tv they want....And don't forget there are many kindles out there as well, a very captive audience...Heck even 'iPads' from Amazon are very popular with the silver surfers that I know....

It comes for 'free' with Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime also allow you to share it with your family/friends, up-to six people if I am not mistaken. My in-laws use my account all the time, they love the next day 'free' delivery, and they get all the music they want, and all the movies and tv they want....And don't forget there are many kindles out there as well, a very captive audience...Heck even 'iPads' from Amazon are very popular with the silver surfers that I know....
Can't get any of my kids to use my amazon prime content, they're all to busy watching my netflix subscription :)

To be honest I don't watch it either :(

Can't get any of my kids to use my amazon prime content, they're all to busy watching my netflix subscription :)

To be honest I don't watch it either :(
LOL I flick between them...Some stuff I really like and was great like Mr Robot but others, there just aren't enough hours in the day :)

LOL I flick between them...Some stuff I really like and was great like Mr Robot but others, there just aren't enough hours in the day :)
This really

It's years since the majority of our viewing was live TV, and tbh the one thing I'd be happy to lose is live TV. If it wasn't for live sporting events, there'd be no point in live TV.

We have Amazon - but watch very little on it, we have recently got access to Netflix (my son's acct) and haven't had time to have a play yet - because we don't get enough screen time to watch the recorded stuff on the Virgin box that we've already chosen.

Between work, more work, the internet and sleeping, telly viewing hours in our house are a fraction of what they were ten years ago.

Don't forget photography :) although I appreciate it is included in work for many.

But yes full heartedly agree; major events including news and sports are the only reason for live TV for me.

Don't forget photography :) although I appreciate it is included in work for many.

But yes full heartedly agree; major events including news and sports are the only reason for live TV for me.
Yes I included photography as 'work' because I don't do enough of it for fun nowadays.

Just to add, I don't think that the amazon stick is a bad idea, but like most stuff it's not free. Would I / will I have one, maybe but TG being on it wont suddenly make me go buy one. I am sure it may swing it for some and that's fine for them. Amazon are not stupid so must have the backers.

I could live with MLB and almost Chris Evans, but why, why, why Eddie Jordan :facepalm:.

Someone tell me it's a hoax............please!!

He ruined F1, now he's trying to ruin TV as well, as if Chris Evans wasn't bad enough

Thanks for the tip, just started watching it. Looks good.

I reckon the best TG reloaded would involve Steve Coogan being Alan Partridge for the studio work. He did a TGI Friday in character and it was the best one I've seen, he's a much better presenter than Evans.

You can see all the boxes ticked (eventually) and the PC police ensure Top Gear has the correct demographics with SIX presenters.

tg_-line-up_maincloser_af1.jpg

We are very proud to announce that racing driver Sabine Schmitz, YouTube star Chris Harris, F1 pundit Eddie Jordan and motoring journalist Rory Reid will join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and of course, The Stig, when the show returns in May.
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/meet-your-new-top-gear-presenters

They'll be falling over each other if they will all be in presenting in an episode.

Could be because of the likes of MLB availability so will tag team presenters, can't see it working of I'm honest

How long before TGAmazon leak the new Stig's identity "accidentally"?

The old format was tired and pretty much any episode could be repeated with few noticing. We all know that Hammond is short, May is.. well, May and Clarkson's a big, opinionated, overweight c**k and that they all enjoy trying to break fast cars on their track. I'm looking forward to the new format and hoping that they don't try to copy the old one too much.

Just to add, I don't think that the amazon stick is a bad idea, but like most stuff it's not free. Would I / will I have one, maybe but TG being on it wont suddenly make me go buy one. I am sure it may swing it for some and that's fine for them. Amazon are not stupid so must have the backers.

Not free, but a lot cheaper than the TV Licence.

Back