Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

Dunno wasnt there, but its worth mentioning that the producer made no complaint to either the BBC or the police so it wasn't for effect or even a future damages claim

Edit just seen yours nad Chris's posts. Legal action doesnt seem likely imo as he really didnt complain.

Gonna bookmark this for future review ;)
I know where my money would be placed :LOL:

I believe this is the sound of me being correct, and not in the least bit cynical, as it 'appens............ :banana: :ROFLMAO:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35648682

I believe this is the sound of me being correct, and not in the least bit cynical, as it 'appens............ :banana: :ROFLMAO:
"The action involving Mr Tymon has been concluded," said Mr Tymon's lawyer, Paul Daniels".
I wonder if he also said
You'll like it - not a lot, but you'll like it.

:D

I wonder if he also said
You'll like it - not a lot, but you'll like it.

:D

Now now.....it's not polite to mock a dying man :(

Now now.....it's not polite to mock a dying man :(
/ quick moose
I had no idea TBH :(

His shows used to amuse me, I met his brother once, and wasn't sure if it was Paul or not, I remember asking him, and he said no, I guess the resemblance comes from us sleeping together as kids.
Seems that sense of humour runs in the family :)

/ quick moose

His shows used to amuse me, I met his brother once, and wasn't sure if it was Paul or not, I remember asking him, and he said no, I guess the resemblance comes from us sleeping together as kids.

Yeah gutted for him. Didn't know either.....

/ quick moose

You slept will Paul Daniels' brother as a kid.o_O :thinking:

And yeah....Paul Daniels was a regularly viewed show in our house when I was a nipper.

Last edited:
/ quick moose

If that was Trevor, it's possibly lucky you're ugly!!! (Moose him!)

If that was Trevor, it's possibly lucky you're ugly!!! (Moose him!)
apparently ( I can't remember his name) he builds / built all the props for the shows.
So I doubt its the same guy

Last edited:
So the wheels are starting to fall off new Top Gear. The show has been delayed and cut back from 8 to 6 episodes.

According to RadioTimes, the car show will miss its May 8 premiere and will instead air on May 22, with two less episodes than originally announced, as filming is behind schedule, "due to a number of factors", including Chris Evans' lack of skill to present while driving at high speed, his car sickness incident as well as his filming schedule for TFI Friday, which ended at Christmas.

The report adds that executive producer Lisa Clark's decision to leave the show, after just five months, also threw the production into "a certain amount of disarray", while the large presenting lineup, which includes Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris, Sabine Schmitz, Eddie Jordan and Rory Reid, announced earlier this month, didn't help either.

From the original eight episodes, only six will air on BBC2, but since Chris Evans' contract includes a deal to make 16 episodes over two years, the team will have to catch up by making the remaining ten at a later date.

BBC officials are apparently concerned about Top Gear running into summer, when it will have to compete for viewers with the Rio Olympics and the European Football Championship, while also being "desperate" to avoid clashing with the Amazon's new show, which will star Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond, expected to start this fall.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/02/new-top-gear-delayed-while-episodes-cut.html

I'm not so certain. Production delays are quite frequent, but this is a little embarrassing for a high profile show.

Chris Evens has only been doing 4 days a week on his breakfast show, recently I assumed that it was because he was concentrating on Top Gear ..
Perhaps not then.

It can't take that long to drive around a bit and talk. If he can't manage that then why on earth did they hire him in the first place? Did the BBC not just test whether he can drive and talk at the same time? If they need another old bloke then I'd think Robert Llewellyn would slot in. He can drive and talk at the same time.

I could do it, I am old and I can talk the hind leg off a donkey.

It can't take that long to drive around a bit and talk. If he can't manage that then why on earth did they hire him in the first place? Did the BBC not just test whether he can drive and talk at the same time? If they need another old bloke then I'd think Robert Llewellyn would slot in. He can drive and talk at the same time.

Guy Martin, tried and tested. Great sense of humour. Would have been my top choice.

Chris evans wouldn't have been most people's choice...typical BBC though,at least they didn't try Clare Balding in the role.

Mind it would be funny to see her pulling a crash helmet off and THAT hairdo she has had for 30 years still in place...

Chris evans wouldn't have been most people's choice...typical BBC though,at least they didn't try Clare Balding in the role.

It looks like more Evans problems as well, apparently not a popular boy with the production team.

Comedian Bob Mortimer has described Chris Evans as a 'timebomb' and called on the BBC to make a stand against 'talent abusing their power'.

The Shooting Stars host made the comments after claims that Evans's tyrannical behaviour on the set of Top Gear had forced executive producer Lisa Clark to quit the show.

It came amid revelations that fellow employees had accused Evans of being a 'control freak who thinks he can trample over everyone'.
Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ledge-talent-abusing-power.html#ixzz41q3gwRYp

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...is-a-timebomb-says-comedian-Bob-Mortimer.html

Good grief, two outstanding sources of journalism. If free speech wasn't allowed in this country these rags would be banned !

There may be some truth in the rumours though !!

The Mail was formatted better to cut/paste but the source appears to the be Sun, so only fair to attribute to both,

So... a Murdoch (who hates the BBC) rag running an anti-BBC article? Who'd have predicted that?
Did it feature a picture of Jeremy Hunt with a photoshopped halo?

It's acronym is a strong motoring term, it's already being called the GT show on Twitter.

Well GT was used as moniker on cars and that stood as I recall for Grand Turismo or for Anglo Saxons.....Grand Tourer, so maybe 'makes sense..'?

Grand tour can also be translated as big tower - fat tall bloke!

Clearly Grand Tour is going to be called GT deliberately to be the opposite of TG for Top Gear. Typical JC.

Last edited:
The Grand Tour was a continental jolly for wealthy young men in the 17-19th Century.

Are Clarkson et al having a midlife crisis? If the new series consists of them poncing around Italy in a frilly shirt trying to get laid, Amazon will have wasted their money. :D

MID life? Pretty sure Clarkson's well past a mid life crisis, although May might be going through one!

Back