CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Edit My Images
No
A "proper" Mini on HP5 ( do I get triple points? :naughty: )

Leica Old Mini Swindon Old Town.jpg

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I like the RILEY-Mini very much. All those lamps ... How many could the Lucas generator keep glowing? But the look - and the Mini of course - are very popular:

D80_3026-n70c-tp-2.jpg

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
How many could the Lucas generator keep glowing?

Not many - at least, not for long! That's why they're usually covered. (Not unusual to see a rack of lamps like that with no wires attached - possibly no bowls behind the covers, either...)

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, TR3 hc for Vintage Racer, whose story on imageweaver I read. Now I know, why his TR3 is almost better than new ... --- :

D80_2947-n70c-tp.jpg

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Late to this thread...but this is one of my cars with a story. It’s an Alfa Romeo 146. Not particularly exciting on the face of it, but my eldest daughter was born on the front seat of mine. 2 & 1/2 hour labour for our first and she made appearance. She’s now 12.
Welcome! What a nice, moving story!!! :)

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
And I bet the Ford occupants wish it had its mudguards fitted!

Name
David Williams
Edit My Images
No

Not sure if this is in the spirit of the thread, seen at the last Bicester Sunday Scramble, I think it's called Medusa, there are lots of videos on YouTube of the owner testing it on a rolling road in his garage!! Here yo u go save you searching for it https://www.youtube.com/user/legrandphromage/videos

It has 2 jaguar straight 6 engines running on LPG, proper "man in a garage" amazeballs

D

Last edited:

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Possibly closer than you know. IIRC the 2 litre Bristol engine was based on a BMW lump, modified by Bristol.

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes

Not sure if this is in the spirit of the thread, seen at the last Bicester Sunday Scramble, I think it's called Medusa, there are lots of videos on YouTube of the owner testing it on a rolling road in his garage!!

It has 2 jaguar straight 6 engines running on LPG, proper "man in a garage" amazeballs

D
Sure! Anything goes, especially wild ones like this one !

Edit My Images
Yes
Talking of derivations and BMWs, here's a cute little van:

IMG_1237.jpg

Based on the Austin Seven.

And from the same museum, my favourite BMW of all time:

IMG_1246.jpg

(apologies for cheating slightly!)

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, a G-Klasse in Mainz/D. I had a few words with the happy owner. - In German pc- and eco-circles SUVs are frowned upon.

Funnily, the G-Klasse is exempt ... --- :

L1001047_DxO-z25-c-tp.jpg