CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

It's a VW Beetle in a lions, sorry Puma skin. :) Image search does bring up the right car, did for me anyway.

Although I think it was originally a kit car, it was assembled with new parts and engine sold as a new car in SA.
You can just see the Puma logo in the centre of the wheels, I covered the Puma logo on the bonnet.

Very high build quality and finish, and could have a Porsche turbo engine fitted

Ford were not the first by a long way to have a Puma car, same as IBM were not the first to use the term Microdrive !

Thanks for that, Steve. I did wonder whether it was a kit but didn't image search it.

Ford weren't the first to use the Sierra name either - Dutton (another kit car manufacturer) beat them to it!

Shades of GT40 but the roadster version of that is very different to the above. The "H" plate might rule kits and replicas out. Can't quite make out the graphic under the door or the grille badge!

Shades of GT40 but the roadster version of that is very different to the above. The "H" plate might rule kits and replicas out. Can't quite make out the graphic under the door or the grille badge!
Volkswagen FT Bonito

Reactions: Nod
Hi, a sporty NSU Prinz :

View attachment 413161
I'm pretty sure that's a TT, as standard Prinz 1000s had single rectangular-ish headlamps. Had a discussion with someone who knows his Prinz's inside out he wasn't too sure when the 'Prinz' nameplate was officially dropped...

I've driven a Prinz 4L with a Bad Oldesloe registration and checking to see whether I've seen the car at the Treffens at Moehnsen or Gut Barsthorst....2009/2019....

I'm pretty sure that's a TT, as standard Prinz 1000s had single rectangular-ish headlamps. Had a discussion with someone who knows his Prinz's inside out he wasn't too sure when the 'Prinz' nameplate was officially dropped...

I've driven a Prinz 4L with a Bad Oldesloe registration and checking to see whether I've seen the car at the Treffens at Moehnsen or Gut Barsthorst....2009/2019....

You are right ! It is a 1972 1200 TT. :)

Hi, @Nod, a R4 (my sister had one end of the 1960s. It was quieter and the the heating was much better than in the 2CV I had then.) :

L1011567_DxO-L35s-c.jpg

The one I learned in was yellow but there was also a van the same colour as the one above and I did a fair bit of practising in that (not being taught, just with a qualified driver accompanying me for the practise!)

Had a Dyane 6 as my first car but far preferred the R4 in every way, other than as a beach car - the Dyane had a removable rear bench seat which could be taken down onto the beach!

The one I learned in was yellow but there was also a van the same colour as the one above and I did a fair bit of practising in that (not being taught, just with a qualified driver accompanying me for the practise!)

Had a Dyane 6 as my first car but far preferred the R4 in every way, other than as a beach car - the Dyane had a removable rear bench seat which could be taken down onto the beach!

Voila !

L1008551_DxO-L35s-c.jpg

Yes please, Miss Robinson!

Back