CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

I have a friend with a few classic cars, I’ve been trying to get him to agree to a photoshoot. For now though, I’ve been pretty. much restricted to car shows, where it’s almost impossible to get a clean shot.

View attachment 402658

View attachment 402659

View attachment 402660
Hi, this is also my experience. One way to avoid people is being early, or standing on access routes to take pics of arriving cars.

I also take pics at vintage car rallies. But this requires detailed route and time information ...

An absolute beauty!
Thanks.
It was featured in a Transformers movie, the one where he's with the new girlfriend.
It was displayed in the boss' office building, and it was featured in a small scene.
There's talk about emulating a woman's curves, and somesuch.

I don't give a shiat about that, I just think it's a fantastic work of art.

Thanks.
It was featured in a Transformers movie, the one where he's with the new girlfriend.
It was displayed in the boss' office building, and it was featured in a small scene.
There's talk about emulating a woman's curves, and somesuch.

I don't give a shiat about that, I just think it's a fantastic work of art.
Yes, magnificent art indeed! Reminds me of something Jay Leno might have in his garage.

Yes, magnificent art indeed! Reminds me of something Jay Leno might have in his garage.
Ooh, yes, Mr. Leno has an exceptional, important, and irreplaceable collection.
He's probably the single most-important collector of the modern day,
as his collection holds some examples even the museums are unable to acquire.

Ooh, yes, Mr. Leno has an exceptional, important, and irreplaceable collection.
He's probably the single most-important collector of the modern day,
as his collection holds some examples even the museums are unable to acquire.
I often wonder when he passes, what will become of his collection. I suspect he will establish a museum so everyone can enjoy his incredible collection.

Let's transition to the American make of Duesenberg, shall we?
1935 Duesenberg SJ 564, as displayed by the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan, USA.
Yeah, it's somewhat of a backwoods venue, but how often do you see Duesenbergs?

While I'd be happy with either, I do prefer the DHC to the FHC you posted a few days ago.

I like the idea of a 2 volume setting horn!

Dad had several in succession and never had any problems with them. There's still one that we see on holiday but we see more 4s (but not many!!!)

Dad had several in succession and never had any problems with them. There's still one that we see on holiday but we see more 4s (but not many!!!)
Amazingly good in floods!

Drove mine into something like 30 inches of water on the road from Crediton to Shobrooke. The water was just below the door window and I thought I was in real trouble. Somehow, the engine kept running and I managed to reverse out. Wasn't even any water inside when I checked! o_O

Back