Classifieds, Coffee anyone?

@Sky when you've bought us a cuppa, have you entered your name on the donation page? Just asking the daft question before delving further and investing more funds myself to test it!

Reactions: Sky
@Sky when you've bought us a cuppa, have you entered your name on the donation page? Just asking the daft question before delving further and investing more funds myself to test it!

Yes I did. That's what I thought I may have missed on previous ones, but I double, double checked for this one and it still did it.

I have pretty tight security settings on my browser so there's always a possibility that the fault is at this end.

I'll give it a go myself to test it then, thanks Trevor.
Once again, many thanks for your support guys, it really is much appreciated

Showing off now :LOL:
Good choice of coffee machine.....
Which grinder are you using? Shouldn't you wear ear protection? it seems to be rather loud....:p
Much prefer your version - mine's the post 2015 version without the 3-way valve (so every so often you get a load of slop in the portafilter rather than a nice clean dry puck) - bought it without doing enough research and basically ended up with the "runt of the litter" as far as the Classics are concerned. It's been modded to bypass the 8-minute "eco timer" relay that stops the machine ever warming up properly, and it's had the over-pressure valve spring changed to get the brewing pressure down to a sensible 8.5bars (ish) at the portafilter. That and sticking a Rancilio Silvia Steam Wand on it and it's actually quite acceptable quality output wise. Plus, the stainless steel boiler is apparently a little better performing when it comes to descaling than the Aluminium ones in the "real" classics. I'm actually on the lookout for a Silvia as a replacement to be honest, but it'll have to be at a very good price - and since the pandemic and everyone working from home, s/h espresso machine prices have gone through the roof!

Grinder's a Sage Smart Grinder Pro - a Christmas present from a friend, but actually quite good and versatile enough to work for Espresso and right the way up to Filter or French Press if needed. Only slight irritation is dosage is by time rather than weight - so there's a bit of "dialing in" at the start of a bag of coffee - considering getting a "single dose" hopper and bellows arrangement somewhere down the line.

Coffee - it's nearly as bad as cameras for the GAS.

Last edited:
Much prefer your version - mine's the post 2015 version without the 3-way valve (so every so often you get a load of slop in the portafilter rather than a nice clean dry puck) - bought it without doing enough research and basically ended up with the "runt of the litter" as far as the Classics are concerned. It's been modded to bypass the 8-minute "eco timer" relay that stops the machine ever warming up properly, and it's had the over-pressure valve spring changed to get the brewing pressure down to a sensible 8.5bars (ish) at the portafilter. That and sticking a Rancilio Silvia Steam Wand on it and it's actually quite acceptable quality output wise. Plus, the stainless steel boiler is apparently a little better performing when it comes to descaling than the Aluminium ones in the "real" classics. I'm actually on the lookout for a Silvia as a replacement to be honest, but it'll have to be at a very good price - and since the pandemic and everyone working from home, s/h espresso machine prices have gone through the roof!

Grinder's a Sage Smart Grinder Pro - a Christmas present from a friend, but actually quite good and versatile enough to work for Espresso and right the way up to Filter or French Press if needed. Only slight irritation is dosage is by time rather than weight - so there's a bit of "dialing in" at the start of a bag of coffee - considering getting a "single dose" hopper and bellows arrangement somewhere down the line.

Coffee - it's nearly as bas as cameras for the GAS.
Mines is a 2005 model.
Got it on gumtree for a good price.
Was mint condition and came with some Gaggia espresso cups.
I've changed the pressure, fitted a silvia wand and a precision basket.
I also fitted a longer chrome overflow pipe.
Was thinking about a precision shower screen for it.....
I single dose using a Eureka Silenzio grinder.....it's so quiet compared to my previous grinder which would awaken the dead....:LOL:

All the above does seem like a lot of trouble. I have a kettle and a few instant blends to go with my moods :D

Which reminds me of something I saw recently..

download.jpg

Tiramisu!

Well done lads, about time i made a small donation, so job done, one of a few in the future. Thanks to all you who work hard to keep this forum alive. God Bless.

Well done lads, about time i made a small donation, so job done, one of a few in the future. Thanks to all you who work hard to keep this forum alive. God Bless.
Thanks for the coffee, and the kind words Tony, both are much appreciated :)

They come in £5 portion sizes...:exit:

Thanks for the jaffas Graham

@F1.2
In answer to your question, July this year.
Many thanks (y)

OK thanks , That's 2 more then.

A big thank you to all the donaters, ( via the coffee link or the Paypal link) past and present, you know who you are, and for the most part, so do we, and like to thank you personally.

Sometimes the email used isn't the same as the TP one,
and we can't trace you.
So if we have missed anyone, we apologise. :)

Have I donated since July 22 ?
Or was it December 22 ?

Have I donated since July 22 ?
Or was it December 22 ?
It looks as though It was almost 1 year ago. So somewhere in between. :)

Ok time for a couple of top ups, On the way

Thanks very much Allen, very kind

Last edited:
I don’t see a PayPal option. Has that gone?
There's one via support section :)

Thanks Gav! I was just typing a reply

There's one via support section :)

Thank you. It saved me going aaallllllll the way into the kitchen to get my wallet :D

If they have the cheek to take PayPal fees I’ll get my card next time.

If they have the cheek to take PayPal fees I’ll get my card next time.
Yes they do, and so do the coffee people.
But no worries, and thank you very much, Dave.

A shout-out to all the donators, whether you are a one-off supporter,
a regular contributor, donate anonymously ( no username or registered email address)
or those that offer freebies in exchange for site coffee's, and the "buyers", that take them up on it.
That's very generous of you all.
Thank you so much. (y)

:plus1:

Another shout out, this time to those that use the affiliate links to buy things from.

Thank you for your support (y)

Back