Classifieds, Coffee anyone?

It looks like Stripe take 3.45% handling/commission for credit card payments, I don't know what Paypal take as so far everyone going through Paypal seems to have done it as friends/family or at least not as a purchase of something.
Having looked at PayPal fees, friends and family seems entirely appropriate in this case as there is no “commercial transaction”. They say:

When you send money (initiated from the "Friends and Family" tab of the "Send Money" flow) to, or receive money into your PayPal account from, friends and family without making an underlying commercial transaction (that is, the payment is not for the purchase of goods or services or for making any other commercial transaction), we call that a "personal transaction".
(My bold)
The rates relating to personal transactions are set out below.

Sending domestic personal transactions

Payment methodFee
PayPal balance or a bank accountFee is waived
Cards2.90% + fixed fee
Amex Send™ AccountFee is waive

They still charge for cards 2.9% + £0.39 so it’s only free in certain cases. :thinking:

:agree:

Or use (as previously mentioned ;) ) the Buy us a cuppa link in the page footer...............highlighted in this screen grab :)

Screenshot TP footer.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
We're very grateful for the support (coffees and occasional jaffa cakes) you folks are providing. We are trying to individually thank contributors, but if we miss anyone then very sorry for that, it's just distractions (work blah blah and so on), everything is received with thanks.

You're drinking too much coffee, :coffee:

Have some chocolate Hobnobs instead. (y)

Cheers Dale. I have a rather nice bottle of Corsican wine lined up for dinner later, but an aperitif at lunchtime will be nice. I do tend to wait till the sun is over the yardarm, although the lack of sun at present provides a few degrees of latitude (or perhaps more appropriately, longitude)

It's well past 18:00 in Corsica now!

The Corsican rose was a little disappointing actually, a little too acid for my taste, but light and fruity nonetheless. A jolly nice sherry whetted the appetite though, and some aged port afterwards rounded the meal off nicely.

I'm leaning more towards chinese green tea with the occasional builders variety for balance. Coffee is usually Kenyan though, with some nicely steamed milk on top for a macchiato

Not to mention full fat and way past the best before date... :p
the former?, no, the latter? I can't really argue with that one...

I was speaking for myself as much as you - no longer as strong as I used to be; never been that sweet!!! Now fuller than fat and definitely well out of date!

Thanks for the recent coffee's guys you know who you are.
I hope I thanked everyone personally, apologies if I missed anyone, there have been a couple
who's name and email address is different from the registered on on TP along with user names,
So these have been untraceable...
Again, thanks :)

I echo Chris' sentiment - I try to respond to each individual cuppa donation but sometimes miss the notification email

Surely a decent Scotch would have been more appropriate yesterday evening? Or maybe an indifferent one after a couple of Grappas!

That's half the fun!!!

Surely a decent Scotch would have been more appropriate yesterday evening? Or maybe an indifferent one after a couple of Grappas!
I can't drink Whisky at all, even the smell of it gives me a headache.

Unlike my Dad, he actually loves it for some reason.. :cautious:

Enjoy the coffee (but why am I "someone") :thinking:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Leica and Nikon with enormous coffee at Costa Cirencester.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought you chaps another coffee to say thanks for a fast sale in the classifieds, but for the second or third time now, it hasn't said who it's from. :thinking:

I just bought you chaps another coffee to say thanks for a fast sale in the classifieds, but for the second or third time now, it hasn't said who it's from. :thinking:

Well, if Trevor's "someone" as well, I'm in good company! ;)
Thanks guys its very much appreciated. (y)
I do know who you were by your logged email.
As to why its not showing, "who" I've no idea though.

Gremlins. :D
I'd say about 90% do show who.
Is there an anonymous setting or some such when donating?
I can't test it though, as I can't buy "me" a coffee.

It's been intermittent since the start Chris. I thought I was just being a numpty and doing something wrong, but I was 'extra' careful to check it this time before hitting submit.

Anyway, not to worry I just thought I'd mention it. As long as the money gets to you . . . (y)

Back