Clear Blue Moon

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Last night started out clear and I was able to grab a couple of shots of the moon

1)
IMG_6916.jpg

2)
IMG_6920.jpg

I've tried to include a little foreground greenery to add something, did it work ?

Thanks for looking, C&C please

Good captures. :clap: I prefer the composition of #1 and would like it even better if you cropped the sides a little so that the greenery is consistent across the pic. It's probably just me but because it is darker my eye follows the greenery up and down and the moon is secondary. If the greenery was consistent then the eye is more likely to look around the page. IMHO ;)

nice shots, but you could've tried some hdr bracketing & processing (moon is relatively static...) to bring out the green in the trees. Also perhaps a portrait composition could've shown more of the trees.

Personally, I like them just as they are.

I prefer to see what was`seen when the photo was taken, a real capture.

I think the greenery adds to the composition in that it gives scale to the shot.

Neil(y)

Thank you.

Bruja, I'll have a look at a small cropette later.
Tony, I've never had any success with HDR on the moon. Not sure what it is. Perhaps my centre frame in the bracket, being exposed correctly, causes too much to be blown on the high one :shrug:. I'll have a go at a portrait shot, next time the moon is at a suiable position
Neil, thanks, the scale was exactly what I was aiming for (y)

In my view #2 is more of a crop candidate than #1, but any crop will distort the proportions. Leave them as is, is my opinion.

Thanks Russell

Back