Clever devils wanted

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there any clever ones amongst you that might be able to tone down the out of focus leaf over this squirrel? There seems to be detail below it but I'm not good enough to do it. Thanks to anyone who will waste some time on it.DSC_2463.JPG

Hi Neil, there's not enough info in the upload file for detail recovery.
I had a play on my phone, is this along the lines you were thinking?
(Cloned a few areas, dropped brightness on leaf under squizzels chest)

Last edited:
Hi Neil, there's not enough info in the upload file for detail recovery.
I had a play on my phone, is this along the lines you were thinking?
(Cloned a few areas, dropped brightness on leaf under squizzels chest)View attachment 403177
Ah, ok thanks. I was hoping to reduce the green on the leaf covering it's chest. The quality is not as good on here as the original.

I don't see any leaf overlaying the squirrel...
I removed the color cast due to the light reflecting off of the surrounding leaves.

View attachment 403193
That's the very thing, thank you. I was convinced it was an out of focus leaf, but l can clearly see now that it must have been reflected colour on the white area of the squirrels chest.

Last edited:
I don't see any leaf overlaying the squirrel...
I removed the color cast due to the light reflecting off of the surrounding leaves.

I like that gives the picture more depth.

May I ask how you did that?

I like that gives the picture more depth.

May I ask how you did that?
Quite easily...
I used a soft brush to quickly mask the affected (white) areas and then removed saturation (all color); I also tweaked the brightness a little. Exactly how you would select/mask the affected areas differs with different software (e.g. LR vs PS)... but it's typically fairly easy and a basic editing process/skill.

Back