Coast: Talk Photography style

Missed that bit, how do you place the markers?

For now, here is a test link to an editable Google map: (Mods, I hope this is OK)

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204239868097270912660.0004debcfb5a52c556116&msa=0&ll=50.148746,-5.19104&spn=0.750636,2.113495

You will need to sign in to Google before you can edit the map.

Simply find the location you have photographed, drop the pin to the relevant place and add your name in the description window.

If you want to, you can also hyperlink your name to your image.

I have done a couple as an example - they are down in Cornwall

Hopefully it will be easy for everyone to contribute to the map. I have enabled it to be edited by anyone but the map itself is only accessible by the link. If this works, I will add the link to the opening post.

Please respect other TP Users contributions and try not to edit / delete any content other than your own. If there is already a marker in a place you have photographed, just add your name and link to the description.

Let's see if we can get right around the coastline!

Cheers

Simon

Hope this helps, but if you want to include a pic…

After placing your marker, click “rich text”. Then click on the far right landscape picture icon, and insert your hosted image. :)

Fantastic Thread (y)
Not to the same standard as some of these but here goes…
South Shields
south_shields.jpg

The Solway Coast near to The Gatehouse of Fleet
rocks_sea_and_sky.jpg

rocks7.jpg

minimal_beach.jpg

hazy_beach_sunset_1.jpg

golden_sunset.jpg

Some really fantastic shots here. Here is my contribution. All shots from Sandymouht beach near Bude in cornwall. Was there only for one evening :crying:, so a lot of running around and trying various angles.

Wonderful beach lots of rocks and cliffs for composition, I wish I could have spent some more time there.

[MAP]/maps?q=50.861464,+-4.556580&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=50.864478,-4.554906&spn=0.011471,0.033023&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Thanks for looking!

Gopal

Me²;5615962 said:
My eyes are being fooled by "Tay entering the North Sea Dundee". Is that an oil/gas rig? It looks like it's floating in mid air, my eye can't place at what depth that's supposed to be, it's either in the sea and it's massive or it's stuck on the side of the tower block, in which case it probably isn't a rig!

Thanks for your images, Loch Sunart is now on my list of must visit UK places (-:

It was in the local papers at the time and if I remember right it towered out of the water almost 600ft in that pic!

Back