Cobra, Rest in Peace

RIP Cobra.... I've been a member here far longer than I care to remember, and Chris was one of the first I met online. He's been part of the only TP I know. TP without the Snakey one is a lot worse off. Condolences to his family.

Attachments

• junglebook4.jpg
    junglebook4.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sad news condolences to his family I'm sure he will be missed here also.

Trevor

Photography is not a big interest for me now but it was. I was here at the start and a mod for many years. Going through this thread it was good to see many familiar names still here. Cobra was always a big character on the forum and I can only echo previous posts saying how much he will be missed. R.I.P. cobra.

Ah man, just saw this awful news.
Condolences to his family.

@Cobra, Chris, has been the mainstay of this site for many years and he will be greatly missed. He was a thoroughly decent guy, always even handed, firm but fair when it came to moderating this website. When Marcel wanted to step back Chris stepped up and ensured that this forum continued running. He had a love of animals and that showed through his photography with excellent zoo and macro shots amongst his wide ranging photographic work. He has run many competitions and challenges on here and has run the 52 challenge for many years which is quite a commitment, ensuring week-in, week-out that the challenge kept on track and issuing doughnuts to those who stepped out of line.

I'm sure we will all miss him. We have decided that should people wish to show their appreciation for all that he has done for this website and through that for us over many years we will pass on any donations made to the site over the next week or so to his family. If you wish to contribute please use the normal means
Hi all, I made this account just to drop a message. I am Chris’s (cobra) son. I was the one who found him unfortunately. Myself and the family appreciate all the kind words and he will truly be missed, his sudden passing has hit us all like a freight train too say the least. He loved this forum a time didn’t go by when I saw him when he couldn’t help but mention something about it, it could have been some kind of silly competition you guys was doing or it could have been when one of you was bad and needed a telling off but he always had a smile on his face when speaking about you lot and the forum itself. So I want too say thankyou too you all for giving him something too enjoy during his retirement no matter how short it was.
R.I.P Cobra (Dad)

Ross, thanks for logging in and telling us a little about your Dad. I cannot imagine the shock and grief the family must be feeling but I know from my own experience there is something to be gained from knowing the positive impact your Dad had on many you have not yet met.

Thoughts are with you and the rest of your Dad's family, Ross. He'll be much missed by all who knew him.

I had the pleasure of meeting him over a weekend some years ago and he was always smiling.

Hi all, I made this account just to drop a message. I am Chris’s (cobra) son. I was the one who found him unfortunately. Myself and the family appreciate all the kind words and he will truly be missed, his sudden passing has hit us all like a freight train too say the least. He loved this forum a time didn’t go by when I saw him when he couldn’t help but mention something about it, it could have been some kind of silly competition you guys was doing or it could have been when one of you was bad and needed a telling off but he always had a smile on his face when speaking about you lot and the forum itself. So I want too say thankyou too you all for giving him something too enjoy during his retirement no matter how short it was.
R.I.P Cobra (Dad)
Thoughts are with you and your whole family Ross, nothing can take away your memories. :)

R.I.P Cobra (Dad)
Thanks for taking the time Ross, very good of you at this difficult time and many of us are really missing Chris, he was much loved on here.

I too would like to add my condolences to his family and friends, I did meet Chris a couple of times at the mega meets He and Yv organised at Whipsnade village hall, a interesting and knowledgeable man.

Like others I've never known TP without the presence of Chris. I've had no interaction with Chris via the mod's way, but he always seemed to be very fair in handling any situation on here. This place won't be the same without him.

I've never met Chris in person, but due to my involvement in the TP52 I've had many a chat with him by DM and had come to consider him a friend.
The news has come as a real shock and it's taken until now for me to be able to put anything down in words.
Chris, you will be greatly missed. Rest Peacefully Mate.

My sincere condolences to Chris' family.

Saddened to read this news and sorry for your loss. Thoughts for Chris and his family.

So sorry to read this. condolences to all his family

Such a shock, so sad for all who know him and his family.

He loved this forum a time didn’t go by when I saw him when he couldn’t help but mention something about it, it could have been some kind of silly competition you guys was doing or it could have been when one of you was bad and needed a telling off but he always had a smile on his face when speaking about you lot and the forum itself. So I want too say thankyou too you all for giving him something too enjoy during his retirement no matter how short it was.
R.I.P Cobra (Dad)

That's a lovely picture painted there.

Best wishes.

Oh dear , The news I hoped I would not hear, Thanks for all you have achieved , Rest well .:(

Hi Ross and thank you for joining and posting at this difficult time
I can't begin to think how you, your sister and your families must be feeling now
Hopefully these messages will help.
Your Dad was much liked and well respected here, he has left a lasting legacy.
Those who who knew him will be forever grateful for the hard work he put into keeping the site going and his dedication

Take care of yourselves

Ingrid

Last edited:
Very sad news, condolences to family and friends :(

My condolences. This forum won't be the same.
I am reminded of my uncle, I did not witness the incident. Looking back, he seemed to have a premonition, Then one day, he saw a friend, crossed the road to greet him, and collapsed halfway across.

Hi Ross.
Really good of you to login and up date us at this difficult time for you and your family.
Ive been here for less than a year and never had the pleasure of meeting your dad however in my short time here I grew to really appreciate your dads posts and handleing of the many situations. His sense of humour always shone through. Dispite not having met him I was shocked to hear the news and reading this thread I feel myself welling up.
I lost my dad 15 years ago but he had been ill for about 2 years so it was not unexpected I can only imagine how you are all feeling. From the little I know about your dad I would say he would want you to remember the good times and celebrate his life.
Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Back