Cobra, Rest in Peace

Hard hard news a hard read . my huge condolences to both family, friends and of course you lads whom run this place have and worked with Chris for so so long..

I didn't know him bar our chat's on here always struck me as someone i'd have a blast with. Chris was always kind and understanding towards me............ shocked is a good word used many times here in this thread, it's really hard trying to assimilate one will never speak to someone again.

Again Ross and family I'm so sorry for your loss as you can see Dad was a guy many many of respected greatly

RIP mate !!

This is so sad to read.
Chris was a great person to have on this forum, always kind, helpful, diplomatic and funny.
He will be greatly missed I'm sure.
My deepest condolences to you (Ross) and your family.

Just seen this news now :( I will miss him telling me off... RIP

Since the past year I am hearing too many relatives or acquaintances passing on. Rest in peace.

I rarely venture beyond the confines of the 52 so Chris has been central to my sporadic interaction with the forum and the news has saddened me greatly. RIP.

So sad to hear this news, Cobra (Chris) was always one of the more active members of this forum, right from the early days when I was more prolific myself! He will be a HUGE loss to the forums and to the moderation team, but most of all, condolences to his family. RIP Chris :(

Very, very sad news. He's been in my cyber world ever since I started the 52 some years ago and had always been a great peacekeeper and fun to boot.
He will be much missed on here. RIP Cobra and condolences to his family.

Very sad and shocking news, I was just thinking of his thread and hoping he's back by now, and now this... Deepest condolences to his family.

I am so sorry to hear this sad news, may he rest in peace. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Such sad news, @Cobra was a huge part of the forum. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

RIP Chris................we never met in "real life" but only one here and Facebook. You'll be sorely missed.

A big shock, very sad news. RIP Chris, you will be missed by all your firends here on TP.

Condolences to his family. Chris touched many here on TP and will be remembered for many years to come.

Sad news, RIP Chris, and my sincere condolences to his family.

Bad news to come back to :(

I've not been here long so didn't know Cobra (Chris) however the welcoming, helpful and supportive nature of this forum is a legacy worth leaving.

Rest easy fella and condolences to your family.

So sad to hear this.
I didn’t know Chris personally but, I feel like I knew him through this forum, particularly through his participation in The "What is it?” thread a good few years ago, which is just another example of Chris not only being a moderator but, being fully involved in all aspects of the forum.
Rest well Chris.
Thoughts are with family and friends.

Very sad news, condolences to his family. A great loss to the photographic community but his threads will live on in this forum.

Sad news indeed, his guiding hand will be sorely missed.
Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Really sad to hear this news. A great guy with a fantastic sense of humor. Chris gave me my 'Shirley' tag, and when asked he would never let on, but I grew to love it :)

RIP matey.

Always sad to hear this kind of news. From one Chris to another rest in peace mate. Condolences to the family and friends.

Last edited:
Sleep well kind sir, your presence here will be missed. Sending the family and friends all our love.

I'm in utter shock at hearing this, @Cobra was always very helpful with comments and tips to do with my photography and photos. The 52 chalenge will simply not be the same without him. My deepest condolences to his family at this difficult time.

RIP Chris, Such sad news.

Hi all, I made this account just to drop a message. I am Chris’s (cobra) son. I was the one who found him unfortunately. Myself and the family appreciate all the kind words and he will truly be missed, his sudden passing has hit us all like a freight train too say the least. He loved this forum a time didn’t go by when I saw him when he couldn’t help but mention something about it, it could have been some kind of silly competition you guys was doing or it could have been when one of you was bad and needed a telling off but he always had a smile on his face when speaking about you lot and the forum itself. So I want too say thankyou too you all for giving him something too enjoy during his retirement no matter how short it was.
R.I.P Cobra (Dad)
Hi Ross.

Your dad and I shared some very happy times and trips. He was a wonderful man and will be profoundly missed.

My deepest sympathies are with you and your sister.

Ruth x

Condolences to Cobra's friends and family.

I had very little interaction with him but in those interactions and in reading and enjoying his posts, he came across as someone who found genuine joy in things. That's something many of us could learn from. Rest well.

Echo what everyone is saying, I accepted Chris as a major part of the TP family. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP

RIP Cobra, we never met but you always a good guy on here. Condolences to those left behind

Sad to hear this news, I didn’t know him but knew the name and his valuable contribution to this forum. RIP and condolences to family and friends.

So sorry to read this - I met Chris several years ago on a lens trade and enjoyed a coffee with him. A very decent fellow and excellent company.

Very sad news to hear, I met Chris once many years ago, and he seemed a thoroughly nice guy, he will be sadly missed here, my condolences to his family R.I.P Chris

Back