Compact System - can you get a set up for £100? (second hand)

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I am considering getting myself a second camera in addition to my Nikon D7000 for times when I do not want to take my DSLR e.g. travelling / day to day stuff. I would buy second hand and was hoping to find a body and walkabout lens for £100. If this not totally unrealistic - what would you recommend?

I've started looking and did not realise there were so many options!

thanks in advance for any help :)

Check out the classified section bargains do come up at some great prices from fellow togs on here(y)

Good call, for travel you don’t always need ultimate sharpness etc - it’s a mindset about creating memories

I had a Panasonic G1 for a few years which I think is identical to the G2 but the latter has video. The G1 was probably the best handling camera I've ever had and although the sensor is ancient and relatively poor by todays standards at ISO 100-400 I'd say it was excellent, to 800 good and useable above that with care. I had that 14-42mm too and despite looking and feeling a bit cheap I do think it's a good kit lens with just about zero issues. GX7 sometimes pop up at bargain prices but personally I can't recommend that camera due to the shutter shock issue.

Do you have a mobile phone with camera ?
That's what I use after being told it was a good option rather then carrying around a p/s camera
I bought a new S5 (recommended at then time)which is great, takes good pics and you have some control, you can get
them 2nd hand for around £100
I have now changed to as S9, still have the S6, makes great MP3 player for the car

Thanks all - I will look into the options mentioned.

Do you have a mobile phone with camera ?
That's what I use after being told it was a good option rather then carrying around a p/s camera
I bought a new S5 (recommended at then time)which is great, takes good pics and you have some control, you can get
them 2nd hand for around £100
I have now changed to as S9, still have the S6, makes great MP3 player for the car

The camera on my phone is awful tbh - but yes, when I get a new phone I will prioritise the camera and it does well enough for family snaps etc. I was still hoping to get something a bit better for when we go on city breaks etc. On bright days I can barely see what I'm taking a picture of if I try to use my phone.

On bright days I can barely see what I'm taking a picture of if I try to use my phone.
Which implies that you need an evf or an ovf ... which narrows the field to consider, rather ...

How much is a used Fuji X100 (original)? Sorry for the temptation!

Last edited:
Back