Competition - Round 8 - Public Highway

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a little bump, reminder that the closing date is just under 2 weeks away.

Come on people, get snapping :D

I think (hope?) I've got mine sorted. Who's running this one? Gonna wait until the endish though in case I can get the one I really wanted!

All bribes to be sent to Bod. I hear he's a bit of a stickler, but is partial to a fine Scottish malt.

Still nothing from me, and the deadline is looming. :annoyed:

Steve said:
Still nothing from me, and the deadline is looming. :annoyed:

I know, I looked only this morning expecting a whiskey bottle from you, and nada.
Better get your skates on :D

I can send cheap wine if thats any use, otherwise I will just have to fiddle the comp result by abusing my power ;)

Have one shot, but feel it's not up to standard of this site ;) . Think I might have shot myself in the foot with this theme :rolleyes: :D

This site has no standards, get it entered. If it is anything like the last round then you will have a 1 in 5 chance of winning anyway :LOL:

Steve said:
This site has no standards, get it entered. If it is anything like the last round then you will have a 1 in 5 chance of winning anyway :LOL:

Get it entered indeed.

Infact I promise to come round to your house and throw used teabags at your windows if you don't enter.

Marcel said:
Infact I promise to come round to your house and throw used teabags at your windows if you don't enter.

That could be interesting. Have you checked out flight prices recently? :naughty:

Steve said:
That could be interesting. Have you checked out flight prices recently? :naughty:

To Evesham? I can fart it there quicker :D

(You can't beat a misunderstanding as a basis for some banter)...

Well the windows can't get any dirtier.....I refuse to pay for a window cleaner :LOL: Anyway caught a subject today for comp that I will shoot tomorrow if light is OK. I'll be entering something , don't worry.....it's the taking part that counts....until someone stumps up prizes :stir: ;)

DJW said:
.....it's the taking part that counts....until someone stumps up prizes :stir: ;)

Send all prizes to me for assessment and I promise to distribute the ones I don't like fairly amongst the winners ;)

Steve said:
Send all prizes to me for assessment and I promise to distribute the ones I don't like fairly amongst the winners ;)

After ive had a rummage of course!:p

gandhi said:
Oh great. So I get soggy fourths. Again :rolleyes:

Scaredmouse.gif
Sounds better than sloppy seconds

where the hell did that smiley come from?!?!

Im off out to get my shot in a minute!

I haven't a clue what to shoot :headshake

Me neither.

Been carrying a p+s around for 2 weeks now. Not taken it out of my pocket yet :(

I got up at 6am this morning and spent until 1pm in and around Munich just to get a shot for this round of the competition. Only just got back in now so not had chance to look through my efforts but as it will probably be my last chance, I will have to use one of the photos from today even if they are all no good.

Its a little harder for me as well because I have to try to aviod anything that is "German" being in the frame as well...that makes it really tricky ;)

jewel said:
LOL looks like the smilie for a "butter face" :LOL: :D

what the HELL is a 'butter face' ? Or don't I want to know?

As far as the competition is concerned I think I may be on the cusp of my definitive work! LOL! Saw the shot today whilst driving on the way top somewhere. Just gotta get up teal early tommorrow to bag it before I have to start work I'm not sure the kudos of a potential win is worth the getting up at 6am and then the 4 mile hike to the location. not in this weather. Especially when somebody will only whip my ass anyways ;)

gandhi said:
..... Especially when somebody will only whip my ass anyways ;)

If your shot is anywhere near as good as your Autumn shot , then I'm not entering :thumb:

dont forget kids, one week left! We would like a good turnout for this competition too, much better than 5 entries please! It doesnt matter if you dont think your shot is going to be good enough, enter it anyway because you never know!

I'll take a shot of something just to make up the numbers you never know someone could vote for mine by accident LOL

Just submitted my entry, I will be lucky to get any votes this time around but at least it will help make up the numbers.

Steve said:
Just submitted my entry, I will be lucky to get any votes this time around but at least it will help make up the numbers.

Hmmph!! You fool no-one Kemo Sabe. :nono:

CT said:
Hmmph!! You fool no-one Kemo Sabe. :nono:

Nope :headshake

Actually I was being serious, I do have a few more suitable shots that I would have preferred to submit but they all have something that makes them identifiable with Germany and that makes them no use for an anonymous competition.

Who thought up that stupid rule anyway? :eek13:

ive got my entry to go in, it will make steves look good i think, but at least im having a go!

I have something I could enter in the spirit of making up the numbers. I have been singularly uninspired by anything I have seen round here that fits the topic.
Well not completely true, I have seen 2 great shots but they were fleeting and no camera to hand :(

Before I email it - do I remove exif or leave that to someone else?

Hmm maybe I'll wait a couple of days... just in case I see something.

as long as the image is the correct size, otherwise it gets disqualificationalised!

RobertP said:
Before I email it - do I remove exif or leave that to someone else?

Hmm maybe I'll wait a couple of days... just in case I see something.
I would wait if you think you may get a better shot before the closing date as once submitted, you are not allowed to change your entry.

It would also help if you can make sure the picture is within the size rules for the competition and any possible way of linking it to you is removed..so no names on the picture or border and if you have your name in the EXIF, it would be helpful to strip that as well.

Cheers

It says 600 pixels but no file size limit? - I can save mine at 226k if I wanted to (though it looks the same at less than 100k)

I was more thinking camera make might be a clue as to who is who if it is in exif.

Back