Competition - Round 8 - Public Highway

some good photos there, thanks to everyone who has entered this round, dont forget to vote! I recognise the shot from another competition too....

I think WRT recognition, I don't think it would be fair to stipulate complete exclusivity with each entry.
However, common sense does come into play, and a shot shouldn't be submitted if it's likely to be quite easily be spotted and associated with a particular member, due to it being shown elsewhere.

While we want the competition to be as anonymous as possible, to be too strict would be quite restrictive.

Like I say though, common sense should come into play.
If I have submitted a shot to a forum with 5 members who only speak swahilian (and aren't members here) and I wanted to also enter it here, then you bet your bottom dollar I would be doing.
But likewise, I wouldn't enter a shot that I've just been given credit for on the front page of BBC News. It's all about likelihood of being spotted.
If I spot an entry being shown on another forum, but I can't tie in that user to this forum, then I see no reason why it should be disallowed. If though, forum names are exactly the same, etc then it becomes tricky.

I personally haven't recognised any of the shots from this round, except one, which was shown on someones website I was browsing. But as I know who has entered what, then I'm allowed to know :D

The ones that got away.....

There's a track down the side a the river in Bristol that all the runners use that you can see from the top of the cliffs so I was going to take a photo of them (public) from the top of the cliffs (high) etc etc etc. 'cept that's what I was trying to do when I dropped my camera. :(

Now then! who's forgotten to vote on this one? I think the voting closes tonight. So if you've entered, you'd better vote!

And when do we get the results?

I wanna know if I've come last, or second from last!?!

its called Building to a climax!

All votes in, counted and collated, and the top three places, in no particular order except for winner first, second place second, and third place third :

:first: Steve
tpfcomp_round08_04.jpg

:second: petemc
tpfcomp_round08_11.jpg

:third: stepheno
tpfcomp_round08_03.jpg

Well done to all those who entered. It was a good competition this round, some great shots entered.

Regards

well done to everyone that entered and voted, particularly liked all 3 of them!

Well done everyone! Bod, I'm sure people would liketo know how they faired in the voting. :)

lol i dont!!!

Congratulations Steve, Petemc and Stepheno :thumb:

I actually entered a rubbish one to enhance your chances.

Well done everyone.

Congrats to Steve, Pete, and Stephano.:clap::clap::clap:

I might get the chance to enter a few now.

Well done guys, I've not really had the time to get the camera out lately either, hate these dark mornings and nights.

Well done chaps !!!! Now choose an easier theme please ;)

Well done - some really good images!

Thanks folks - I'm just pleased to be in such illustrious company. Pete, it's the best take on the light trail shot I've seen and Steve, I had you down for a different photograph.

regards

I am struggling with a decent subject for the next round. TBH I didn't think I had a chance of winning so gave it no thought at all. If anyone has any suggestions other than "Christmas" then please post away.

If only to widen the catchment/scope of the theme...

Celebration
Festivities/Festive
Winter (Ill get me coat :p)

but I do like christmas, and would be happy with that....

I don't want anything to do with Christmas or the festive season as by the time this round of the comp closes everyone will have had enough.

I can see the draw of gandhi's suggestion but wonder how many people would enter if I actually chose that.

got to agree with Steve, there are gonna be oddles of comps with Christmas or winter as the theme, lets be a bit different, thats what we are good at!

You could have Snow - but then some people wont get any and Steve will probably get too much :D

regards

What about "Sunset" ? There is one almost everyday and just about everyone will be able to photograph it from a different location.

Steve said:
What about "Sunset" ? There is one almost everyday and just about everyone will be able to photograph it from a different location.
Nothing wrong with the idea but the sun sets a bit early here at the moment, certainly before work finishes. That leaves the weekends and at this time of year there's no guarantee of sun :p

As it's nearly Christmas, how about Easter? :confused: (the eggs will be in the shops soon)

I like the idea of sunsets or even sunrises as you don't have to get up too early this time of year to get one.

Okay, in answer to non-seasonal festive ones, how about:

people
emotion
water
touch
speed
animal

Just a quick selection.

Gary Bagshawe said:
I like the sunset idea but thought maybe URBAN LANDSCAPE or URBAN JUNGLE

Both of them could be conveyed in the sunset/sunrise theme if you think carefully, as could many other subjects...it sets a theme not a particular subject ;)

Sun? (not particularly set or rise), also leaves a bit of scope....

How about a more animated theme that will get people out of their comfort zone like sport for example?

Back