Competition - Round 8 - Public Highway

mfwild13 said:
How about a more animated theme that will get people out of their comfort zone like sport for example?
Because as soon as the topic gets anything remotely challenging, people just don't enter. There is no point having a competition with no entries.

The only thing I would suggest is a theme for this month where people don't have to travel too far from home (its cold & most people will have xmas duties on days off) . Anything that can be shot indoors would probably pull in the best number of entries ?

Well I'm hoping that a good suggestion by Steve will allow both. I guess you need to keep it general for this to happen though.

How about something like..."Approaching darkness"? That way we can either take photos of sunsets, or dark urban alleyways or indoor shots involving lurvely Green & Black's dark chocolate.

milou said:
... or indoor shots involving lurvely Green & Black's dark chocolate.

Obviously that'll just be the crumpled up wrapper...

How about "things around the house" that should cover a mulitude of sins and allow for evryone to photograph something. It could be Christmas decorations, kitchen utensils, watches, the sunset over a house, your wife, your children etc?

Steve said:
How about "things around the house" that should cover a mulitude of sins and allow for evryone to photograph something. It could be Christmas decorations, kitchen utensils, watches, the sunset over a house, your wife, your children etc?

Sounds good to me

cool.

i will make a new post later on today, time to get thinking, kids!

Here are the complete scores from the round.....
The numbers basically mean how many votes were recieved for that position.
So for example, 2 people put Gary Bagshawe's shot down as their 2nd place, and 1 person as their third.

Code:
			1st	2nd	3rd
1	Gary Bagshawe	0	2	1
2	CT		0	3	2
3	stepheno	4	3	0
4	Steve	 	7	2	2
5	Bachs	 	0	0	1
6	IanC_UK		0	0	1
7	daveyuk		0	1	1
8	gandhi		0	1	2
9	Gemok		0	0	1
10	RopertP		0	2	1
11	petemc		5	2	1
12	KenCo1964	1	1	3
13	EosD		0	0	1
14	jump		0	0	0

ohhh look at me in nearly last place!

:dance: :banana: :dance: :banana: :dance: :banana:
some one actually put ME in their top three! :laugh1: come on own up who was it?

Edit finding the 6 dancing bannas strangly hypnotic.

I got off my bike on a bridge over the north circular road, took my old Oly camera out of my pocket and pressed the button. Glad someone liked it :)

Thanks.

Ropert - the well known typing error.

<apologies to spike milligan>

ps. have to agree about the bannas. Bananas are good too.

I'd just like to say too, that I deliberately didn't vote.
If I had entered then I would have voted as per the rules, but as I didn't enter then I thought it unfair of me to vote, as I knew whose shot was who's.

I love hypnotic bananananananananas.

Back