Connecting old School Amp to Blutooth or wireless

Thanks both. As it happens, I have EAC already installed so I can have a play.

While on the subject, has anyone come across any software to convert Apple ALAC to FLAC?

Got a load of stuff that was previously ripped to itunes and I have been putting off re-ripping it all to flac. A batch conversion is much more appealing, I know dBpoweamp can do it, but I think that's £40. I wouldn't mind paying that if it was something I was going to use regularly, but as this will be a one off use I would like to avoid if possible.

While on the subject, has anyone come across any software to convert Apple ALAC to FLAC?

Got a load of stuff that was previously ripped to itunes and I have been putting off re-ripping it all to flac. A batch conversion is much more appealing, I know dBpoweamp can do it, but I think that's £40. I wouldn't mind paying that if it was something I was going to use regularly, but as this will be a one off use I would like to avoid if possible.

seems to be plenty options but most look a bit fiddly
ALAC is lossless so should be ok to go to FLAC

Yeah it's converting between two lossless formats so no concern there. I have tried some free options and they have worked fine, but are limited to converting a small number of files at a time, it would be easier to re-rip all the original cd's. I may just have to bite the bullet but thought I would see if anyone else had come across something.

Yeah it's converting between two lossless formats so no concern there. I have tried some free options and they have worked fine, but are limited to converting a small number of files at a time, it would be easier to re-rip all the original cd's. I may just have to bite the bullet but thought I would see if anyone else had come across something.

LameXP looked ok when i was looking at some convertion a while ago.
I have a similar issue pending as I am building my Mega FLAC database prior to disposing of most of my CD's
however I will make a copy of the DB in a lower format so it is more portable for playing on my lesser devices.

So far my FLAD DB is 120GB and I am halfway.

Assuming Windows then dbPowerAmp should do it. The "trial" version will work for 21 days.

Just as a final update on this thread i just ordered another pair of the Jongo A2 from Pure @ £20 each they are the bargain of the century in my eyes.

they have pretty much comepletely sealed the deal on the whole multi room jobby.

an outstanding product.
i have also just purchased an old Apple ipad on classifieds just to see how the pure conect app works on apple as a comparisom.

Back