Corky's 52 - WEEK 25 / FREEDOM & RESHOOT

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm worried, and i havn't even started yet. Difficult week time wise. Lots of ideas, but................
Anyway here we go, Reflections. Taken on the River Lee when the ice was starting to break away from the banks. Little bit of flare in the top LH , but I coudn't wait for the sun to weaken

leefloodpan1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well mate that's your first one out the way...I know what you mean about having lots of idea's, but putting them in to practise is another story..

and yes is a lovely shot :clap:

Good start corky, it's going to be interesting to see how we all interpret these themes.(y)

I second that! :clap: What's a bit of flare between friends. I love the composition and if you had more time you could have tried cloning out the flare. But, at a challenge a week I know I'm going to struggle to balance creativity with technical merit :shrug:. It's a lot to take on.

History here we come :thinking:

From a fellow 52er, good luck

I second that! :clap: What's a bit of flare between friends. I love the composition and if you had more time you could have tried cloning out the flare. But, at a challenge a week I know I'm going to struggle to balance creativity with technical merit :shrug:. It's a lot to take on.

History here we come :thinking:

From a fellow 52er, good luck

Have you got any ideas for history yet?
Lol
all i can think of is a old castle near me but its not very original lol :shrug:
Gary

Good one Corky (y) good luck for History... It's not gonna be easy

Good on yer Corky boy. If you get stuck trying to find 51 more shots of Cork you'll be welcome to try your luck up here in the Capital of Munster (lol).

Good on yer Corky boy. If you get stuck trying to find 51 more shots of Cork you'll be welcome to try your luck up here in the Capital of Munster (lol).

Obviously, you have delusions of grandeur !! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Good start, yes the flare distracts but it's almost impossible to avoid flare when the light source is included in the frame especially when using zoom lenses, consumer zooms doubly so.

There are so many different ways of hitting a theme and seeing what people come up with in a short time frame is what I'm enjoying about this challenge.

The main thing I suppose is have you learned something from this week?

Er...........no, ;)

I'm probably going to get slated or possibly shot or even expelled from this forum for posting this. my interpretation of History - the demise of the film camera, now a part of history. Now, where is that tin helmet??

Could not decide which to post , so I will let you make the decision.

historyA1of1.jpg

historyb1of1.jpg

Really great idea, the cameras you've chosen are certainly historic but I think if you are saying film is now history you will need your tin hat :LOL:

I like the compostion of the shot and I think it works and I prefer one of the images over the other, but I don't think that my view is important here. Rather than asking us which we prefer, which do you prefer and why?

Really great idea, the cameras you've chosen are certainly historic but I think if you are saying film is now history you will need your tin hat :LOL:

I like the compostion of the shot and I think it works and I prefer one of the images over the other, but I don't think that my view is important here. Rather than asking us which we prefer, which do you prefer and why?

I'm kind of leaning towards the colour version, seems to have a bit more punch

Jon

Hi Jon, great take on the theme :clap:. I've only used digital so you'll need no tin hat :LOL:. I agree with you that the colour picture has more punch (y)

Yep colour here too. Nice shot, love the interpretation.

Great idea and execution.

I much prefer the colour version as the colours seems to provide more separation whereas the mono version looks a bit flat/compressed tonal wise for me.

Like you I half expected you to be on a bit of thin ice putting film and history together, however no missiles have passed me heading for Cork yet:LOL:

Thanks everyone....I'm still surprised no missiles have headed my way yet;)

jon

Glad you said which your favorite was and I'm glad you posted both as whilst I agree that the colour one has more punch, I personally prefer the B&W. My reason is that I think it helps put accross the idea of History better due to the sepia cliche. I think it works even better in B&W (sepia) because the more modern film compact almost hides in the frame and you have to look at it a bit more to notice it. But what do I know?

Good shot. Do you have any thoughts about the theme you'd like off the list for next week?

Good shot. Do you have any thoughts about the theme you'd like off the list for next week?

I'm away on business for most of next week, so whatever it is I'm going to be stuck for time :shake:

I'm away on business for most of next week, so whatever it is I'm going to be stuck for time :shake:

That's no excuse, so I am I most weeks :LOL: Take your camera with you and just get out there (it may even be something you can do in your hotel room - I did for WK01)

It's the sepia version for me I just feel that it suits the cameras and the theme better. Lovely composition.:clap:

How did I miss this :) Great shots so far - reflection one is good but the history one is great :)

Good colours and you couldn't have picked a more appropriate image for the theme and for the forum :) Splendid stuff :)

Struggled this week with being away on business, but my daughter came to the rescue when she said she had attempted to teach her Grandad how to play solitaire on the computer. That had to be the picture, which I recreated this afternoon using natural light only. So, enjoy, my Father in Law, Dan who is a sprightly 91 year old and not too old to learn.

Jon

ab28ed2d.jpg

What a lovely portrait and yet another great twist on learning - proving, as you so rightly say, you are never to old to learn :D

Lovely light and a nice conversion to B&W :)

:clap::clap:

Great picture...(y)

fitting the bill alright, but you add a nice human touch to this story..as the saying goe's a picture paints a thousand words..:clap:

Thanks for the comments everybody. It really does help confidence to push the boundaries a little bit further

Lovely portrait, good slant on the theme, lovely in B&W

Great interpretation. Lovely portrait. You're absolutely right of course you're never too old to learn and it's a lifelong process :clap:

Back