Corky's 52 - WEEK 25 / FREEDOM & RESHOOT

I think the bars are a good metaphor for the inaccessibility of these apartments because of the financial crisis. (ooooo - get me! :LOL:)

Well spotted and at the same time - how sad - there must be so many people desperate for a home. And you and Jill were obviously on the same wave-length. :)

Jean

Hi Corky, sorry for the mass replies, I am only just catching up!

Complex:
I agree with John regarding the stalk, but this is a great shot with perfect backgroun colours and dof.

Time:
Oh I love the Hickory Dickory clock! The ish sense of time puts much less pressure on! The soft focus adds to the sense of wishy washy time also, very nice! :clap:

Inspiration:
Definitely the second shot, what a stunner! The colour, clarity, dof all good and what a scene!!

Development:
What a shame when there are so many homeless people out there! I would have moved in a little to loose the bars, and I'm not too sure about the vignetting tbh, however that it just personal taste, and this is a good clear shot with great colours!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think the bars are a good metaphor for the inaccessibility of these apartments because of the financial crisis. (ooooo - get me! :LOL:)

Well spotted and at the same time - how sad - there must be so many people desperate for a home. And you and Jill were obviously on the same wave-length. :)

Jean

Thanks Jean, You seem to have got the point of the picture

Hi Corky, sorry for the mass replies, I am only just catching up!

Complex:
I agree with John regarding the stalk, but this is a great shot with perfect backgroun colours and dof.

Time:
Oh I love the Hickory Dickory clock! The ish sense of time puts much less pressure on! The soft focus adds to the sense of wishy washy time also, very nice! :clap:

Inspiration:
Definitely the second shot, what a stunner! The colour, clarity, dof all good and what a scene!!

Development:
What a shame when there are so many homeless people out there! I would have moved in a little to loose the bars, and I'm not too sure about the vignetting tbh, however that it just personal taste, and this is a good clear shot with great colours!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Ang

Not too sure about the vignetting... tbh I can't make my mind up about the shot. I like the idea very much and it's certainly a great interpretation, but the bars are just a bit to much of a barrier to the shot, perhaps if you could see they were there but they were out of focus?:shrug:

Mark(y)

I think it's a good shot, would have fitted in perfectly for "linear" too :LOL:

when I saw it and read your comment I thought exactly then same as Jean (although she's put it far better than I would have):
I think the bars are a good metaphor for the inaccessibility of these apartments because of the financial crisis. (ooooo - get me! )
It adds to the effect. I like the contast in light and dark, and the added vignetting looks good, although maybe a little more subtle would have been easier on the eye.

I like it anyhow. top job! (y)

I think it's a good shot, would have fitted in perfectly for "linear" too :LOL:

when I saw it and read your comment I thought exactly then same as Jean (although she's put it far better than I would have):
I think the bars are a good metaphor for the inaccessibility of these apartments because of the financial crisis. (ooooo - get me! )
It adds to the effect. I like the contrast in light and dark, and the added vignetting looks good, although maybe a little more subtle would have been easier on the eye.

I like it anyhow. top job! (y)

Thanks Jammy & Toothie ;)

Airplanes & boats always remind me of freedom......from the everyday c*** we have to put up with.

Freedom.jpg

Reshoot- Reflection. Took this a couple of weeks ago....I knew it would come in handy ;)

rowboat.jpg

I'm off on my hols tomorrow, so won't be posting for a couple of weeks

Jon

Corky sorry I'm late catching up:

Your development shot is great - very strong in sentiment and a great, almost claustrophobic shot

Freedom: Yep sums it up for a lot of us - how many times have I looked at a plane taking off and though 'I wish I was on that' :)

Reflection shot also holidayish and tranquil - nice reshoot :)

Hi Jon,

I love the freedom shot, and there is a lovely lot of detail in that plane. I was advised the other day to use a polariser filter for skies, so that they come out bluer. I don't think the lack of blue detracts from your shot, but wonder if its something you would find useful for future shots. :clap::clap:

Your reshoot is a good shot also. It has a charming simplicity to it, and the mooring rope makes a good lead in line. I personally would have cropped it a bit closer to this, but what do I know anyhoo! well done :clap::clap:

Back from my jollies in wonderful Cyprus , so the catch up begins

NIGHT
Taken handheld on a drying rack. A view from my balcony

night.jpg

Took this photograph in Paphos.....Its a viewing box , not a bus shelter btw. Thought it covered HIGHLIGHT , so I'm going to use it ;)

Highlight.jpg

Oops, I missed your Freedom shot and reflection reshoot.

Planes always make me think of freedom too and this shot fits the bill (y)

My only crit is that it needs a bit more oomph, either more contrast or sharpening to make the plane stand out more. Mind that could just be my monitor :shrug:

The reflection reshoot really floats my boat :LOL: but there seems to be a lot of wasted space in the foreground of what is otherwise a very tranquil and relaxing shot that I could look at all day (y) :clap:. Maybe a square crop?

Night picture is yet another tranquil shot that makes you want to be there as it looks so relaxing (y), just a shame about the bar at the bottom right edge of the picture.

Flippin' heck, I seem to doling out the praise and criticism in equal measure here so feel free to ignore me if you feel I´m being picky ;)

The Highlight shot blows the others right out of the park, well spotted, well exposed and well framed. I love it :clap::clap::clap:

Both Night and Highlight are beautiful shots, technically well executed. :clap: :clap:

Hope you had a great holiday!!

Back