Corrupt Data on Compact card

Edit My Images
No
I am using a VIKING Compact Flash 256 MB card.

I Noticed when i was viewing the Pics in my camera..a Corrupt data message when i wanted to view some pics.was present for some of the pics.

I have just down loaded the pics and one of the files of Pics showed the contents as all corrupted. The Images were not present, the thumb nails were with chinese type writing and little wingding type writing as a photo numbers???

Something has gone wrong with the card i guess.

In my Photo programme when i download the pics, the File with the corrupted data cant even be deleted.

I am using a DAZZLE* Hi Speed USB 2.0 device to down load the pics.

When I put the now clean card back into the camera, (Less of course the corrupted data) it no longer allows me to take as many photo's. I have an identicle card which allows me 70 Hi resolution pics, this one only now allows me 65 pics.

My camera is a cannon EOS 300D Rebel

Is it safe to continue using this corrupted card.

What would have caused it to have become corrupted?

Any idea's or help on this matter please.

Ian you are so wise and wonderful.

I have just gone and done what you suggested and hey bingo, you are a star.

I put my Card into my reader and the corrupted file has now gone. So it looks like you have solved my problem Ian Cheers mate.

Just another quick question on this subject. Having reformatted the card it shows 8KB of card is still used, i reformatted my other card at the same time, that too also shows 8KB of memory being used. Is this normal?

wazza said:
Ian you are so wise and wonderful.

I have just gone and done what you suggested and hey bingo, you are a star.

I put my Card into my reader and the corrupted file has now gone. So it looks like you have solved my problem Ian Cheers mate.

Just another quick question on this subject. Having reformatted the card it shows 8KB of card is still used, i reformatted my other card at the same time, that too also shows 8KB of memory being used. Is this normal?

Yep, the file system needs a little space to record its data tables, is very similar to computer hard drives ! :)

Glad it worked ! :)

If you get a problem like this again, try using PC inspector to recover them.

Link to free download

It supports RAW files from:
Canon CR2 + CRW
Fuji
Nikon
Olympus
Minolta
Kodak
Sigma

Its also supports jpg, gif, tiff, avi, bmp, etc......

Back