Corrupt NEF files from D810 - any way to save?

LJF

Edit My Images
No
Help! A full day's worth of .NEF (Nikon Raw files) are corrupted! I was able to copy them to my harddrive, but when I try to open them (photoshop, lightroom, Nikon ViewNX2) I get a file unsupported message. Has anyone had any luck with software or service to recover corrupted images?

I unistalled and reinstalled photoshop and tried a fresh install of Nikon ViewNX2 with no luck. I can view the images on the back of the camera, but it does show a "CARD" error.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/media/img_1475.12827/

I know it's an obvious question but were you shooting to both cards and if so have you tried both cards independently?

Both days were on the same card. For some reason, all the shots from 6-25 have an issue. All the shots from 6-24 are working fine.

They were shot on a Nikon D810. I was able to put a CF card in, and use the in camera RAW processing option to save a RAW file to the CF card. Then I was able to open the "new" RAW image from the CF card. So I've got a "solution". But I also have over 300 images from that day, so I'm still hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a way to bulk process or correct the files.

if they can be copied to a different card and viewed then the files aren't corrupted. are you plugging the camera in to download to your pc or using a card reader , as its not recognising the file type could it be how the files are named is confusing the pc into thinking they are a differant file type?

Are you using a card reader or transferring directly from the camera? Are you using one of the packages you mention to copy the files to your hard disk, or are you doing it via your computer's file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder)?

It never happened to me at this point but
I use two 64GB cards (CF+SD) the primary
being the CF and the SD the backup.

Have you tried connecting the camera directly to your pc, and uploading them that way?
If it works, it may be the card reader that's at fault.

Back