*Cough*

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
1 Canon EF Fixed Focal Length Lens - 180mm f/3.5 L Macro USM 2005-06-13 Dispatched Yes [smilie=b:

Yes but 'er indoors is threatening to fit me with earplugs! :LOL:

CT said:
Yes but 'er indoors is threatening to fit me with earplugs! :LOL:

Double bonus :LOL:

Congrats on the lens

CT said:
1 Canon EF Fixed Focal Length Lens - 180mm f/3.5 L Macro USM 2005-06-13 Dispatched Yes [smilie=b:[/quote]

You weak man :wink:

Postman's been! :D Great service again from 7dayshop - dispatched from Guernsey yesterday and postman was hanging on the bell at 10am this morning.

Initial impressions...

It's a superb metal built lens, as you'd expect for this much money, and it's quite heavy. It certainly feels like a quality lens. It has the usual switch for Manual/AF and another for selecting Macro or Normal (short tele) focusing. Autofocus is virtually silent and as smooth as butter but it is on the slow side, which was expected from the reviews I've read. IN AI Focus mode though once you have a lock-on it seems to hang on to it quickly and effortlessy.

The lens focusing is all accomplished internally so the length of the lens never changes unlike a lot of macros which is very nice. In Manual Focus Mode the big wide rubberised focusng collar is very smooth and the high gearing means the screen snaps very positively in and out of focus with quite moderate turns of the focusing collar which is important as no doubt Manual Focus will be the order of the day for most extreme macro shots.

I'm really pleased with it so far and looking forward to getting some shots with it but it's way too windy here today to go looking for bugs with a hand held macro lens! :crying:

It's really dull and overcast here today but I just got this quick shot at 400 ISO hand held. It's a jpeg and it's had no noise reduction or other processing except sharpening. The first shot shows the full original image and the second, which is a crop, represents 1:1 reproduction from that original.

full_size.jpg

crop.jpg

thats not fair, i have to go out hunting squirells!

LOL I actually took this shot from the front room through the double glazing. There's three of 'em out there at the moment.

i had to walk for a good 15 mins, then crawl on my belly up to the buggers! bloody townie me...

EosD said:
bloody townie me...
Me too mate - I'm in the middle of concrete city and have to drive a long way in any direction to find nice landscapes. Fortunately we're right on the edge of a park which makes up for a lot. :wink:

Availabe light shot - tripod mounted - remote release - no mirror lock-up. ISO 200

flower.jpg

Aperture f8.

Another nice thing I've just discovered is that the camera mounted 580EX provides full flash coverage at closest focusing distance with no lens shadow thrown on the subject, even with the len hood fitted, which is something I really didn't expect to be honest. Really convenient!

i bet your credit card company like you ! ;)

LOL

My stuff got delivered to my hotel today after being shipped yesterday ! a little quicker than expected as i dont arrive until friday !!!!!! LOL

Looks an awesome lens CT ! :)

IanC_UK said:
i bet your credit card company like you ! ;)

Well they wont do because they just offered me this card interest free for 6 months, and when the 6 months is up I'm choppig it up. :LOL: I'm making the most of it in the meantime though. :wink:

My stuff got delivered to my hotel today after being shipped yesterday ! a little quicker than expected as i dont arrive until friday !!!!!! LOL

No playin' with it then - you're on business!

LOL Steve ! no not a mascot! well i hope not ! lol

Hopefully will get some good pics ! :) or images, photos, snaps whatever we are calling them nowadays ! lol

They do helicopter tours or whale watching cruises ! may see about one of them ! ;)

Oh and it took 5 years to get any of this ! lol have put up with a lot of s***e so i wouldnt say "all the luck" just having a little at the moment ! ;) LOL

IanC_UK said:
100-400, 17-40 and 3 batteries ! lol i couldnt stretch to that other item we were talking about !

I have a little left over and now need to decide if i need a tripod or flash more !!!! lol

Have you thought about how you are going to get all that home and especially through customs without paying all the duty?

Steve said:
IanC_UK said:
100-400, 17-40 and 3 batteries ! lol i couldnt stretch to that other item we were talking about !

I have a little left over and now need to decide if i need a tripod or flash more !!!! lol

Have you thought about how you are going to get all that home and especially through customs without paying all the duty?

Yep :)

Tripod or flash will wait until i get back though ! not going to get them there ! Ill give meself a hernia with that lot !

IanC_UK said:

Good, thanks for clearing that up :p [smilie=n:

I think we had better leave that here as we have taken CT's thread totallyy [smilie=o: [smilie=w:

Thats good value !

I been terrifying myself looking at some of them ! lol I remember about 20 years ago spending 20 quid on my current tripod ! i darent put the 20d and 28-80 on it let alone my 75-300 !!!! lol

Back