could really do with a friend tonight

No prizes for guessing Jonny didn't wake up. Just text me next time Rob - last thing you are is a failure! If i can't cheer you up i can halve your hangover at least. And easy on the walls - you'll get knuckles like mine :eek:

after a huge family argument I am feeling even lower than usual

why do i fell like such a failiure, i want to be normal just like evryoine else out there....

Hope you are feeling a little brighter today without too much of a hangover. How's the hand? If it still hurts real bad, then you should get it checked out.

Nothing like family to bring you down. I've got to the stage where I don't really give a sh*t what my family say/do/think as I've had all my life trying to meet my mothers super high expectations... and failed miserably :LOL: I found out when I was 15 that she was gutted when I was born as she wanted a boy and didn't bond with me. I've never had what I would call a good relationship with her. One year, I came home from school wioth about 8 or 9 grade 'A's in my school report, and she said 'not bad, but could have done better' :eek: I don't think I've ever been praised for doing anything, and she has never, ever told me that she loves me. Now when I see her (which is only once or twice a year), she usually remarks how fat I look, or that I've 'piled weight on'.

As for wanting to feel 'normal' - what is normal? Why aspire to be just like everyone else?

I guess what I'm trying to say, is just be yourself, and sod what others think. You have to love yourself for what you are. Take a step back and look at everything you have ever felt positive about and what you have achieved in life. I have used all the negative things in my life (and believe me, there have been more than a few) and turned them into positives - it's character building. It's made me what I am and I've learned to become proud of who I am. I've always been 'different', and I'd really hate to think I was just 'normal' :LOL: If it was up to my mother, I'd be married with about 4 kids by now.... and that's NEVER gonna happen! You can shape what happens in your life, and only YOU know how you want that to be, so go for it.

Sorry if I'm rambling - I'll shut up now :p I'm still free on Tues and Thurs btw if you want some time out :hug:

Just wanted to thank you all for your works of support and advice during th past few hours, I have been down to the local A&E and apparantly I have brused the joints in my knuckles (is that spelt right?) quite badly, so it will be swolen for a while.... the worst thing is its my right hand so will struggle to take pics this week. Janice - I bet you thought I was going to say soinething else then :embarrassed:

couldn't find a smily which involved punching walls so you'll all have to do with :bang:

Thanks everyone :)

Rob

I hope things are looking better today! I missed the thread last night, couldn't get near the pc.

But I totally agree with what people have said, didn't want to quote them all, I think this little quote is perfect though...

As for wanting to feel 'normal' - what is normal? Why aspire to be just like everyone else?

Hope your taking it easy today.

:)

What hurts more, your head or hand?

Al

Well i don't think my weekend will cheer you up much

Spent saturday in bed with a raging temperature, Sunday was spent not knowing which end to point at the loo first.

Apart from that not a bad weekend

Well where are ya, Bring ya Nikon to hit me with, That's all they are good for..:LOL:

PS: Don't forget to bring a friend.............. To take you home..:boxer:

pffft Nancy Canon-Owners are all talk and no lens cap in my experience.

Oh and Rob if you need a freind, Pick Me, Pick me!!! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! *holds arm up higher with other arm*

I'm sad, lonely and single too...
Know what helps?
Cleaning my Luger... :nuts:

It gets better, it really does. Phone a friend and demand they buy you curry - you KNOW that helps...

Easy, just dive in face first, not very dignified but :shrug:

ROFL :LOL: That IS one way of doing it. I reckon the curry is the easy part, it's the chilli nan bread that'll give you jip :thinking:

*sings along to the Jungle Book soundtrack - "we're your freinds, we're your freinds, we're your freinds til the end of ti-iiiiiiime..."*

Cu-rry! Cu-rry! Cu-rry!

Feel the lu-uuuuurve... Mmmmm... Curry....
Eat one-handed or just trough-down.

Hi guy hope your feelin better. sorry to hear you were under the weather(were else are we supposed to be) go get yourself a Terry Pratchet book he is such a funny writer and you will then see that there is no such thing as normal.

:p Hi guy hope your feelin better. sorry to hear you were under the weather(were else are we supposed to be) go get yourself a Terry Pratchet book he is such a funny writer and you will then see that there is no such thing as normal.

someone mention curry :clap: question is can i eat a curry one handed?:bang:

I think this calls for another Southern curry meet :D Dates and times and locations please ;)

Edit: See meets board for new 'curry night' thread.

Ill leave you with a thought that I tell everyone who is depressed, and wants to be 'normal'.

Depression is nothing to be ashamed of. It is merely a chemical imbalance in your brain that is going to happen, whether you want it to or not. You don't have any control over it, it's not your fault at all.

If you had broken your leg, would it be such a problem? Would you constantly worry about wanting to have two healed legs? No, you would accept it, be honest about it and say "Oops, ah well, at least it will heal, I'll be better soon enough".

It's no different with depression. The only difference is that the break is in your head, and cannot be seen, nor can you put a plaster caste on it. It will get better with medical help, and it wont be long before it's on the mend. Just look forward to that day (y)

that is so true, I have been there, still get down sometimes, there are loads of fabulous things in this world, TP is one of them, and especially all us peeps:p normal is for squares!!!!!

ps: broke a tooth and spent today at the dentist, it don't hurt now :D

pffft Nancy Canon-Owners are all talk and no lens cap in my experience.

Bring it on Renko:p

Rob met Breeze tonight so he now knows how low 'low' can go :D

Hope youre feeling a bit better now Rob.

Ill share my day's good fortune and cheer you up ;)

Dragged myself out in the rain today to pick up my photo maggies from WH Smith, and there lying teasingly on the pavement... all neatly folded and waitng for my eagle eyes ... was £25!
Gawd! I havent bent down that quick in years!:LOL:
Felt a bit guilty toward the person who lost it, well for all of 10 seconds anyway!
Brightened up my day quite a bit... treated myself to an extra photo mag & bar of Green & Blacks, and Im still £10 in pocket .... thank you very muchly!!!

...Well it cheered me up anyway! :D

/hastily removes waiter from scene before famous dance, bullet, toe, dance rendition

:LOL:

Hope youre feeling a bit better now Rob.

Ill share my day's good fortune and cheer you up ;)

Dragged myself out in the rain today to pick up my photo maggies from WH Smith, and there lying teasingly on the pavement... all neatly folded and waitng for my eagle eyes ... was £25!
Gawd! I havent bent down that quick in years!:LOL:
Felt a bit guilty toward the person who lost it, well for all of 10 seconds anyway!
Brightened up my day quite a bit... treated myself to an extra photo mag & bar of Green & Blacks, and Im still £10 in pocket .... thank you very muchly!!!

...Well it cheered me up anyway! :D

now that's a good reason to be cheerful! :D

Back