could really do with a friend tonight

R

RobbieW

... sorry this is going to be one of the miserable threads that you all hate reading.

For the past few monoths I have bene taking anti-depressants, and things have been ok most of the time, today after a huge family argument I am feeling even lower than usual, I have been drinking most of the evnming which hasn't helped and then spent the past couple of hours punching walls, to the extent that I can hardly move my hand.

I just want to know people are out there tonight and I want to hear peoples stories from the weekend to help me forget waht a cr@p one mine has been.

Is anyone there with an interesting weekend stosy?

Sorry to hear you are felling low Rob :(

I wish I could entertain you with an exciting story about my weekend, but I havent managed to do half the things I was planning on getting done! Had plans to be out all weekend with my camera. Hope your hand is ok :| I was going to suggest you should pop into the talkphotography chat room - but at the moment Marcel and Pete are trying to get a bot to insult each other! its all a bit random :p

Not sure what else to say :( but chin up! and stop drinking!!! before you damage your camera! wont someone please think of the cameras!!!

thanks jimmy, how do i get inot th chat room? i can't use my right hand so please ignore the bad spellinh

Ok mate, first thing, step away from the bottle, alcohol reacts badly with anti D's and will make you worse. Make an appointment to see your Dr, there are different anti D's that may suit you better.
Wish I had an interesting story for you :thinking: I'll go look for some jokes?

.1. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.

2. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

3. I Work Hard Because Millions On Welfare Depend on Me!

4. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

5. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

6. Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

7. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

8. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

9. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

10. I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing.

11. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

12. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.

13. God must love stupid people; He made so many.

14. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

15. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

16. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

17. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!

18. Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up.

19. Procrastinate Now!

20. I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That?

21. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

22. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance

23.. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!

24.They call it PMS because MadCow Disease was already taken.

25.He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.

26.A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three
thousand times the memory.

27. Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

28. The trouble with life is there's no background music.

29. The original point and click interface was a Smith and
Wesson.

30. I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.

You have to download mIRC which lets you see the chatroom. (http://mirc.orion-hosting.co.uk/mirc621.exe) then you will an options screen. Enter Your name (or a name you want to use) enter an email address (or just make one up) etc for the other name boxes (bit of faff). Then click on servers on the left and in the irc server box type irc.quaknet.org - then at the bottom click "Connect To Server" - it will show you a load of text and make a few noises. When that stops click commands at the top - then join channel - then type #talkphotography. Sounds a bit long winded...sorry :(

but remember
punchwallyv2.jpg

If you use IRC, join a Quakenet server, and join the #talkphotography channel

We'll let you in there and abuse pete as much as you like (y)

Sorry to hear you're having a crap weekend mate. I know first hand how horrible depression can be (and I had it quite lightly compared to some, IMO), so I know how you're feeling.

My weekend? Well yesterday, I, er, spent half my day in the outside cafeteria section of Wythenshawe hospital, after taking my mum there because her auntie is dying. I wasn't close to her (the auntie), so it hasn't affected me really. So I just took the time to get through my Kerry Katona Biography....man is she one lovely lady :D

Today We've been to a car boot, watched a couple of episode of The Shield, had an afternoon nap while my wife took the kids to a birthday party, and then went to a friends for a cup of tea.
All rounded off with an Italian Takeaway (food, not woman unfortunately) on the way home.

Sat here with a coffee, just catching up on a few things.

If you want to sound off on MSN, add me if you like (MSN Address is in my profile)

Farting People

The Vain Person
One who loves the smell of his own farts.

The Amiable Person
One who loves the smell of other people's farts.

The Proud Person
One who thinks his farts are exceptionable fine.

The Shy Person
One who releases silent farts then blushes.

The Imprudent Person
One who boldly farts out loud, and then laughs.

The Unfortunate Person
One who tries hard to fart, but $#!^$ instead.

The Scientific Person
One who farts frequently, but is truly concerned for the environment.

The Nervous Person
One who stops in the middle of a fart.

The Honest Person
One who admitted he farted, but offers a good medical reason.

The Dishonest Person
One who farts but blames the dog.

The Foolish Person
One who suppresses a fart for hours and hours.

The Thrifty Person
One who always has several farts in reserve.

The Anti-Social Person
One who excuses himself and farts in complete privacy.

The Strategic Person
One who conceals his farts with loud coughing.

The Sadistic Person
One who farts in bed and then fluffs the covers over his bedmate.

The Intelligent Person
One who can determine from the smell of his neighbor's fart, precisely the latest food items consumed.

Laughing yet? :nuts:

:hug: Sorry you are feeling this way Rob. I'd try to cheer you up by telling you what a great weekend I had... but then I'd be lying cos my weekend has been pants too :thumbsdown:

Feeling down + alcohol + anti depressants probably aren't a good combination as the alcohol sometimes takes over and makes you do things you later regret (like punching walls :nono: ).

We are all here for you if you want to talk :hug:

Okay Rob .... Put the bottles away and tell us what happened.

Or I may just have to wake the rest of our little group up.

Jonny looks foul when woken up .... Or so I hear!

Hey... I am awake - I just got in from work :p Now trying to figure out from Susane's fart thread whether I'm proud, thrifty or sadistic :LOL:

Jonny only wakes up when there is a photo opportunuty don;t tell him there is a moon out there

Sorry you're down.... been there and it's not nice. :(

Marianne's blog is good read and is different (usually) every day Click here....... even only for the Funny Thought of the Day!

Plenty of folks always ready to help......

Hey... I am awake - I just got in from work :p Now trying to figure out from Susane's fart thread whether I'm proud, thrifty or sadistic :LOL:

I think you are just mean :p - posting a thread titled "How to shower" and not including ANY pictures!! :(

Sorry things aren't going so well for you at the moment.

As Susane says, it may be that there are other anti-depressants that could suit you better, but your GP can also refer you for psychological therapy. It's not as bad as it sounds, and often will help you to treat the problem, rather than just the symptoms, which can be the case with anti-depressants.

You obviously feel down and lonely tonight, but you have done the right thing in reaching out to connect with sympathetic people - hopefully these responses will reassure you that you are not totally isolated.

If things get really bad you can call the Samaritans

08457 909090

They will listen, and will not judge you.

Finally, and you probably already know this, but alcohol is a depressant. If iy are already down it will make you feel worse. I don't mean this in any critical sense, as I have also been there myself.

As for my day - a walk followed by a picnic in the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire. Sporadic drizzle turned to heavy rain just when we were about to start the picnic. Oh well, there's always another day.

I think that would just about tip Rob over the edge :p

maybe you would let me do the photo taking...didn't you sya sonething about doing a nudeshoot..... i am strugglinggg to type sorry for bad speling, guess i won't be doing any pics for a coupe of weeks :thumbsdown:

Hey Rob..
If you need some time out and fancy a day out with the camera or a chat, PM me as I'm free most of the day Tues and Thurs (sorry, not gonna be about tomorrow). I'm always happy to be a shoulder to cry on, so to speak :)

maybe you would let me do the photo taking...didn't you sya sonething about doing a nudeshoot..... i am strugglinggg to type sorry for bad speling, guess i won't be doing any pics for a coupe of weeks :thumbsdown:

Erm....... My body isn't ready for a nude shoot yet. I feel like one of the Roly Poly's :LOL:

Maybe you should get your hand checked out tomorrow - you could have done some damage to it.

Erm....... My body isn't ready for a nude shoot yet. I feel like one of the Roly Poly's :LOL:

Maybe you should get your hand checked out tomorrow - you could have done some damage to it.

waas just thinking bout walkinbg down to frimley park, better than sitting alone with a bottle..... why do i fell like such a failiure, i want to be normal just like evryoine else out there....

If it makes you feel any better .... I was asked to shoot a christening today for some friends of mine.

It just got started when the vicar turned round and said "Now gather round the font everybody"

How the hell was I supposed to get the money shots with everybody standing in the way?

Did concider standing on one of the benches to get a better angle but thought better of it.

So I had crap lighting, a baby who would not stay still or face me, hardly any clear view & when asked, a vicar who would not do it all again for my benifit. :LOL:

Going to have to spend the next few weeks in photoshop trying to salvage some shots.

waas just thinking bout walkinbg down to frimley park, better than sitting alone with a bottle..... why do i fell like such a failiure, i want to be normal just like evryoine else out there....

Well join me... Im not normal either. But neither are all the others out there!

All our forum members are more than abnormal ! :D

And thats funny because that is exactly what I say... "I just want to be normal like everyone else"!!

After a few months with a therapist, I've discovered that I am in fact as I thought as loopy as the next person!!!

Your photos are an inspiration, Rob. No way could I ever do anything like that.

My tablets are for epilepsy cos my moods go up and down so quickly, it's up to you to give me more of the ups, by doing some male model shoots for us girlies !! :D :LOL: Make that your next challenge!

Ditch that bottle mate, go and have a natter on IRC with the lads, see if you can wind Marcel up for me!! :D

Janice xx

Well dude,
I think I have failed my first year of university because I refuse to write a personal blog and have it assessed. Personal thoughts in my eyes are just that. Personal.
I am annoyed.

So we can be buddies :)

Hope you feel better soon.

Ash

Thanks for all your words tonight, I have put down the botle and am now going to get a littlle sleep with my hand in a bag of frozen peas, hopefully it won't be swollen byt the time i return to work.... to many people will ask questions if it is.

Thanks all. sorry for appearing so negative, didn't mean to put a dampner on peoples weekend

Hey Rob!
Good to hear the old bag o' peas is working.
Depression is a terrible place to be, Im guessing theres more than a few of us here that know that only too well.
As for 'normal' no such thing mate ... not in my world anyway ;)

Had a crap couple of weeks myself, really crap!

This weekend wasnt so bad though, found something to occupy my mind on saturday ... fancied up my toes for an online nailtech comp and bagged some 1st prize goodies.

Today I strolled around Stratford for a few hours & just let all the bad/sad stuff slip away from me.
Its the daft things that remind me theres a point to this life ... the sun on my face, getting out in the open, other people's laughter.

Whatever has dragged you to where you are, I hope you can see past it.
Take care of yourself Rob ... and keep those mitts off the walls :hug:

Ill leave you with a thought that I tell everyone who is depressed, and wants to be 'normal'.

Depression is nothing to be ashamed of. It is merely a chemical imbalance in your brain that is going to happen, whether you want it to or not. You don't have any control over it, it's not your fault at all.

If you had broken your leg, would it be such a problem? Would you constantly worry about wanting to have two healed legs? No, you would accept it, be honest about it and say "Oops, ah well, at least it will heal, I'll be better soon enough".

It's no different with depression. The only difference is that the break is in your head, and cannot be seen, nor can you put a plaster caste on it. It will get better with medical help, and it wont be long before it's on the mend. Just look forward to that day (y)

I spent the weekend getting rained on, freezing cold running around three rugby pitches trying to find the team I was supposed to be covering (which seemed to constantly change kits!). To top this wonderful experience off I now have to edit & send off my shots & get a different project in for 9:00am so I'm going to be up all night working :shake:

I know its a difficult situation to be in but you've done the right thing turning to people that will offer you support (next time just do it a bit sooner before the wall files for a lawsuit). (y)

... sorry this is going to be one of the miserable threads that you all hate reading.

Go-on say it.... You bought a Nikon..:LOL:

Fighting talk :boxer: :bat:

Well where are ya, Bring ya Nikon to hit me with, That's all they are good for..:LOL:

PS: Don't forget to bring a friend.............. To take you home..:boxer:

Hi Rob

Hope you are feeling better today i had a bout of depresion a couple of years ago i refused the anti-d's and battled it myself with help of my family and nearly lost my job through it, i still have off days but getting my camera last year has helped a lot i was spending 12-14 hours a day at my pc without eating or drinking which was bad for me as i am a diabetic we dont know what has caused your depresion but i promise you it will get better. Alcohol is not a cure its a hinderence i know i have been there and done that i dont drink at all now and life is much better.

Regards
Alan

PS: Get your hand checked out if its still hurting there are a lot of small bones in it to damage

Hi Rob, sorry mate I missed this thread last night. Wasn't online :( I hope you're feeling better this morning? Apart from a sore head and sore hand I guess :shrug: Don't let the buggers get you down mate :)

Nah, its not that. Its just that you CAN actually hit people with Nikon's and they wont fall aprt (unlike Canons!) :p

So true :D

Keep your head up Rob :)

Hi Rob, sorry mate I missed this thread last night. Wasn't online :( I hope you're feeling better this morning? Apart from a sore head and sore hand I guess :shrug: Don't let the buggers get you down mate :)

:agree: Hope you are feeling better today....and if not, get hand checked out at A&E, then see GP Tuesday when they open again. Sounds like you could do with a change in the meds. Take care ......we are all rooting for you.....:hug:

Nah, its not that. Its just that you CAN actually hit people with Nikon's and they wont fall apart (unlike Canons!) :p
:

So true! And you'd be able to take photo with it of the "felled" victim :LOL:

Just a thought, maybe it's not having a Darkside object that's causing Rob to be down...:shrug:

Back