Couple days away, Anglesey area, Coastal locations

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
So I've booked myself a couple days way next week. Staying in a B&B in Llanddeiniolen which is near Bangor.
I'm interested in Anglesey and going by the sun's position the Light house at Penmon for Sunrise looks promising and South Stack Lighthouse for Sunset.

Got four golden light opportunities: Wednesday evening, Thursday Morning/Evening, Friday Morning.

Very open to your suggestions on locations.

I'm also willing to sacrifice a Jaffa Cake to the weather Gods to have favourable conditions :D
:jaffa:

On a side note, I hope to have the Samyang 12mm X-mount for the trip :woot:

Church Island - it is beside the Anglesey Race Circuit, western side, north of Aberfraw. You'll find it if you type it in. I have no idea how to put map stuff from one place to another - I still use paper maps and a compass.

Church Island - it is beside the Anglesey Race Circuit, western side, north of Aberfraw. You'll find it if you type it in. I have no idea how to put map stuff from one place to another - I still use paper maps and a compass.
I typed in Church Island into Google maps and it brought up a place by the Menia Bridge.

there's a small national trust island that has a causeway at low tide, I forget the name but its on the west side towards the bottom. might even be the one already talked about i haven't checked the links. the colours in the rocks in the little coves are amazing

St Cwyfan's church on an island (Eglwys yn y mor Sant Cwyfan) is a fabulous spot. The Menai Strait is lovely, especially the area between the two bridges. Common terns have nested on the islands there but not this year unfortunately.

Yes, Llanddwyn island is great as well and a fabulous beach at Newborough which adjoins it. All along the western side of Anglesey you look back to the mountains along the Lleyn peninsula which make a great backdrop to any more close up features on the island.

This place off the Newborough Forest - Llanddwyn Island (Ynys Llanddwyn)

9 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Back