Couple's big day is ‘ruined’ by an amateur photographer

That's awful. @landwomble You said he had history of "creating news stories"? Surely this wasn't what you were referring to? If not, what stories were you referring to?
I can't find the original reddit post where some clever person tracked them all down. 3 or 4 "general interest" weird stories with this guy in, none of which had any documentary evidence, they were all things he alleged had happened to him and couldn't / weren't refuted. Seemed highly suspicious - and the photos the 'tog themselves have posted along with text message screen shots demonstrate there's more to this case than was printed in the Daily Mail.

Here's another example:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/106746/Mobile-shock

It's ruined that person's name and is now all over the internet and perpetuated by discussions in forums etc...

Anyway, this is what the 'tog themselves said:
https://www.facebook.com/chloe.johnston.9277/posts/2009974855895309

Last edited:
Interesting, though I couldn't find reference to other guests presumably camera photos being used as evidence of Chloe's poor pictures?

Indeed Choe says that her pictures have been used without permission which suggests that they are in fact hers

ETA Jim if you saw my original post the message at the top wasnt aimed at you - it was something i said then decided not to post in response to another member earlier - for some reason the forum saved it in my reply box

Last edited:
Indeed Choe says that her pictures have been used without permission which suggests that they are in fact hers

ETA Jim if you saw my original post the message at the top wasnt aimed at you - it was something i said then decided not to post in response to another member earlier - for some reason the forum saved it in my reply box
No probs :)

I can't find the original reddit post where some clever person tracked them all down. 3 or 4 "general interest" weird stories with this guy in, none of which had any documentary evidence, they were all things he alleged had happened to him and couldn't / weren't refuted. Seemed highly suspicious - and the photos the 'tog themselves have posted along with text message screen shots demonstrate there's more to this case than was printed in the Daily Mail.

Here's another example:

It's ruined that person's name and is now all over the internet and perpetuated by discussions in forums etc...

Yep, I'm not into internet witch-hunts, I must say. I'm sure more on this one will come to light eventually.

Here's another example:

Another news story featuring Paul Wheatley

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ping-of-soil-over-leeds-mum-s-grave-1-6883187

He does seem to be trying to get attention of news outlets quite a bit??

Seems he has an obsession with appearing in the news?

Isnt there a medical condition for that (like munchausens is for wanting medical attention)

It doesnt necessarily mean that chloe johnston didnt f*** up his wedding photos, but it does put a different spin on things as he does seem intent on blowing things out of proportion in order to get press.

ETA - I found a link to a previous wedding photo ms johnston did where the bride, sam casey is speaking in support of her - however the shot is imo mediocre at best - nothing says consumate proffesional wedding tog like including a power line pole in your wedding photos

Here - towards the foot of the page http://thetab.com/uk/nottingham/201...tography-business-ruined-couple-defamed-31730

Strikes me this is going to pan out that she wasnt very competent and handled things badly while he is a bit of a publicity whore and likes to hype stuff up for the press ... Truth be told I don't have a great deal of sympathy for either side

Last edited:
Isnt there a medical condition for that (like munchausens is for wanting medical attention)

It doesnt necessarily mean that chloe johnston didnt f*** up his wedding photos, but it does put a different spin on things as he does seem intent onblowing things out of proportion in order to get press.
Quite, also doesn't excuse her stealing photos for her web page but it if anything I think it shows Paul Wheatleys obsession with the media, and has probably made a mountain out of a molehill with regards to the photos in order to get in the papers. Again.

I feel sorry for the photographer now. First attempt at the profession and now the Internet hates her...
She may have done a very average job but certainly doesn't appear to deserve the global hatred that article has spawned.
Moral of the story, the Daily Mail is awful.

I feel sorry for the photographer now. First attempt at the profession and now the Internet hates her...
She may have done a very average job but certainly doesn't appear to deserve the global hatred that article has spawned.
Moral of the story, the Daily Mail is awful.

according to the link i posted above

"Chloe is now looking to move on with her life, but will not be doing any further photography work in the future."

which i'd suggest is a shame to happen like this, but in the greater scheme of things not necessarily a bad thing - certainly not until she has considerably improved

If their day was ruined it was by their own poor decision.
if the sucess of their photographs was so important to them, they should have employed an experienced photographer with an assured reputation.
to risk everyting on a wet behind the ears amateur, to save money, earned their own reward.

I've been following this story with interest, without getting involved in the bun fight. If she has indeed been defamed, she can sue, regardless of any facebook rules. If she has the evidence to back her claim, why won't she sue. She has to prove only 3 things to win her case.
1. Allegations were made (not opinions)
2. The allegations were untrue
3. The allegations have caused actual harm

If her story is to be believed, she has an open and shut case for damages.

I've been following this story with interest, without getting involved in the bun fight. If she has indeed been defamed, she can sue, regardless of any facebook rules. If she has the evidence to back her claim, why won't she sue. She has to prove only 3 things to win her case.

She can.

But the damages would be tough to calculate and frankly would it be worth it? It is all but guaranteed to end up in the papers as another over hyped sob story from Wheatley and without much of a reputation to start with coming up with a monetary figure would be tricky/expensive.

She can.

But the damages would be tough to calculate and frankly would it be worth it? It is all but guaranteed to end up in the papers as another over hyped sob story from Wheatley and without much of a reputation to start with coming up with a monetary figure would be tricky/expensive.

Yes, I see your point, sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie, but if I were in that position, I would have no hesitation, if only to clear my name publicly. The amount of damages is the Judges concern. He has many pages of past precedents to consult to finalize a figure. The judge will also take no heed of sob stories, working only on the facts of the case.

She's a student, so she'll probably get a couple of bic pens and a new notepad out of it.

Back