Creating this look? - How?

Name
Jonathon
Edit My Images
No
I really like this style of processing for cityscape pictures. What would the typical adjustments be in Lightroom/Photoshop?

Hong-Kong-Rooftopping-Perfect-View-830x528.jpg

The starting point appears to me to be a long exposure city scape. Where the traffic light streams have been changed/painted over.

So please expand on your question I.e. is it the camera technique and/or knowing how to take that type of shot you are wanting to pp the image?

The starting point appears to me to be a long exposure city scape. Where the traffic light streams have been changed/painted over.

So please expand on your question I.e. is it the camera technique and/or knowing how to take that type of shot you are wanting to pp the image?

What would the typical adjustments be in Lightroom/Photoshop?

Granted but all too often I read such posts ("how do I duplicate this look....") and it transpires that part of what is desired is based on camera settings. ;)

I'm familiar with the log exposure side of the shot. It's more the post processing. I've not had long exposure city scapes with the same colour grading in my experience.

I wonder if it would work to desaturate the whole picture and then use the adjustment brush in LR to warm up the white balance over the headlight trails and the odd bits of the photo...

and/or tweak the white balance and split toning to get the headlights the colour they want (unless they were this colour to start with), and then use the adjustment brush to desaturate the other bits of the photo.

Would be interested to see what result you get!

Back