weekly crtm's 52 in 2014 Week 38 Dark added

Fantastic dark there Carol. The static bonnet with the raindrops on it, the bokeh on the windscreen from the spots of rain and the converging light trails combined with the blur of the road create a brilliant image.

:clap:

Hi Carol, I don't think I've commented on your photos for a long while - since the first submission by the looks of things - but I've just looked through what you've done since the first one and am loving what I'm seeing.

Half - I'd say this is a nice photo, nice background, detail and well framed. It works for the theme.
Architectural - Love this shot - again, great framing and wonderful position to view from! Like the B&W conversion too.
Sharp - this made my wife and I laugh - very clever idea. I'm not a fan of the colours in this and it looks like you've used a raw flash, but the processing of that cactus is great!
Promise - good take on the theme and focus just where it needs to be. Liking the shadow of the rings creating a heart shape and the lighting making the book look suitably aged. Crop is definately better than original.
Sparkle - this is where your photos to me started to really appeal - I love the colour and the detail in this shot. Such well captured textures and I'm always fan of macros. I like the rule of thirds that you have used here - it really works - texturally as well as compositionally.
Fall - again some lovely textures and colours here. Nice framing and certainly fits the theme. Focus is good and the shallowish DoF doesn't spoil the detail in the background.
Pure - it works for the theme, it would have worked for Fall too - nice long exposure for the washed-out water. Very pretty. I could imagine this would work well on a very large printed canvas or something.
Dark - I like this. I love the sparkly bokeh and light trails all mixed together by the wetness. It's very artistic with the 1 point perspective in to the distance and I like the mono-ness of it.

Hi, great shot for "dark" sort of looks like a still from a film, can't really fault that one :clap:

Rich - You've captured a nice set of tones and the sky has been particularly well handled.

Skill - This one's not doing quite the same for me as your first offering. Maybe because the subject isn't playing the guitar at the time the image was taken.

Half - Nice portrait with the exposure on your "model" being just right given the direction from the Sun. I hope you moved him to get some cracking landscape shots of the scenery.

Architecture - Interesting framing but overall a good image of the high risers which has been converted to B&W well

Sharp - An amusing shot with the nice addition of the facial features. Bang on the theme.

Promise - I wondered whether to do the same shot as I'm yet to do this traditional photo. I feel the sheen off the pages distracts from the strength of the image as you've captured the heart sharp really well

Sparkle - Great shot with some lovely colours. Using just a partial shot of the flower works well for me

Fall - Super exposure and colours. I'd have been tempted to do a bit more gardening at the front but it does show it in situ

Pure - I like the composition of this one but feel there's maybe to much contrast dialled in as some of the detail has been lost in the shadow areas.

Dark - You usually see these in colour but I feel yours works well in mono. The rain drops on the window is a nice addition and adds to the overall effect

Thanks for all your very positive comments, still have one to do "Communicate" hope to get it this done this weekend along with whatever the new theme is.

Great shot for Dark Carol! I love the light trails and the wet shiny road and I think the mono conversion definitely makes for a stronger image in this case.

hi Carol

I fully agree with others comments re Dark.....striking,great idea , well focused, very cinematic feel to it...top shot :clap:

Hi Carol

Dark is a super shot. All of the different elements / aspects fit together really well. I've never attempted a shot like that but looking at yours, I won't bother as mine won't come out anywhere near as well!

Brilliant take on the theme and very well executed - no crit possible :)

hi Carol

Pure - well on theme. Like the pov and the timing of the shot - there is still a feel of motion in the water. The darkness of the shot is unusual too.
Bit oversaturated for my taste and would have preferred not to have the black bit at top - preferable to see the water source IMO - but that darkness may have defeated you.

Dark - an excellent example of this type of shot with the mono, the rain and the light trails. Partic like the inclusion of the 'still' bonnet as cf to the motion indicated by the trails

Back