Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few shots of cruise ships, both those I have traveled on and others I have encountered on our travels.

RCL Symphony of the Seas

MS Symphony of the Seas in Civitavecchia by G B, on Flickr

AidaPerla

MS Aida Perla - Southampton by G B, on Flickr

Emerald Princess

MV Emerald Princess - Princess Cruises - St. Petersburg by G B, on Flickr

Island Princess

Island Princess by G B, on Flickr

P&O Azura

PO Azura by G B, on Flickr

P&O Oriana

PO Oriana by G B, on Flickr

P&O Oceana

PO Oceana by G B, on Flickr

Costa Fasonosa

Costa Fasonosa by G B, on Flickr

I have also been on one of those as well as others. Cruising is a kind of likeable bug that bites you

. Our next one is on Diamond Princess around Japan next year. We did find that the last Royal Caribbean ship standard had dropped a bit, but maybe it was an older ship than the previous one we were on.

Those photos makes me want to go on another cruse right now. well done
been on Voyager of the seas- Serenade of the seas - Navigator of the seas( RC ships) - Azura- Aurora ( both P+O ) and done river Cruise on the Nile
new hobby collecting boarding passes

16qtZDT.jpg

Azura and Britannia docked side by side in the Caribbean

Last edited:
I have also been on one of those as well as others. Cruising is a kind of likeable bug that bites you

. Our next one is on Diamond Princess around Japan next year. We did find that the last Royal Caribbean ship standard had dropped a bit, but maybe it was an older ship than the previous one we were on.

been on Voyager of the seas- Serenade of the seas - Navigator of the seas( RC ships) - Azura- Aurora ( both P+O ) and done river Cruise on the Nile

16qtZDT.jpg

I've seen that shot before on Flickr!

I don't know how as I don't use flicker. it must have been "Lifted" from a previous posting of mine. It has a copywrite on it as BazzaL

Last edited:
Not for me I'm afraid.

Cannot imagine going on holiday with 5000 other people.
Not all the boats have 5000 passengers. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Not for me I'm afraid.

Cannot imagine going on holiday with 5000 other people.
I was the most anti cruise person until I tried it, now hooked on them

When on board ship Just think about the poor peasants scrambling for a pool side seat that already have towels on them at an overcrowded hotel and resort. Stuck there with a limited distance to see things within a day away from the hotel. Screaming kids charging about dropping ice cream everywhere all day and most of the night.

No give me a cruise every time, wake up each morning in a different port, different sights to see and different local food and drink

Last edited:
Funny how quickly a possibly interesting thread became 'baity'. No need for the disparaging comments either way - each to their own preference.

Photographically ships are potentially interesting, but challenging to capture well to give a sense of the shape and space they occupy. Princess, Azura and Oriana above do it well though.

16qtZDT.jpg

I too have this shot, isn't it in Antique ?. Love cruising, next one in November - Lisbon, Canary Isles and finally Madeira.

It doesn't appeal to me but that's not really the point is it?

Nice photos though. I do like looking at ships, though I preferred the cargo ones personally (my only "cruise" was Tilbury to Yokohama via Panama in 1970 on board MV Benalbanach, cargo-passenger - 9 self-loading freight including me and my sister and parents.)

Been on two cruise ships... sort of...
Went all the way to Hong Kong with stops at Aden Colombo and Singapore. in the company of 500 or so other mostly Artillery gentlemen. And then back on a castle line ship some nine months later. with the entire 45th field regiment. No real desire to repeat the experiment.

Been on two cruise ships... sort of...
Went all the way to Hong Kong with stops at Aden Colombo and Singapore. in the company of 500 or so other mostly Artillery gentlemen. And then back on a castle line ship some nine months later. with the entire 45th field regiment. No real desire to repeat the experiment.

I went out on the Asturias but I can't remember which castle line ship we had for the return.

The Oriana image is my favourite, I think it works really well. The one of Azura would be better for me from a slightly lower viewpoint, to lose the jetty running along the front. The shore detail is nice and could probably cover that bit up, though it might take too much of the ship out.

I've never been on one, but then I don't really "do" holidays. As a non-swimmer it might put me off, but then I've been on aircraft in the past, so it shouldn't.

What I dislike about cruising is not being able to get off the boat for sunrise or sunset- the best times of day for photography.

Back