CS on Mac and XP - The Same?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I'm running a Intro to Digital Imaging course next week. The venue has Apple Macs which dual boot with XP. The course will be using CS on XP, but somebody asked about doing the course using the Mac OS and Apple version of CS.

What I'd like to know from someone who has used, or does use both the Apple and XP versions of CS, is there much difference between the versions?

There are not any course that specifically use the Mac, so I'm hoping for her sake that it is a doable thing.

The software is exactly the same between Mac and PC, the only real difference is, where on a PC you would use the ctrl key, on a Mac you use the Command (or apple) key. So CTRL-C for copy would be CMD-C on a mac :)

The software is the same but there are some minor differances in the OS handling. A user should be able to make sense of any instructions given on a training course if familiar with the MAC OS

It is similar, but not exactly the same. There are differences on how ICC profiles are installed on the mac version, and the print drivers are used differently.

I must say that if you are talking about CS3, the mac version compiled for universal binarys seem noticeably faster then the windows version on similar hardware.

If you're a beginner you won't notice any difference at all. I use both windows and OSX versions at work and you'll only notice the difference when you're doing processor intensive stuff or more advanced things. Shortcut keys will be different but those are not difficult to learn to be honest. Also using the file saving dialogue will be different. I hate the way macs display folder structures. It's just personal preference though and it won't be long before you find out which one works best for you.

Thanks all for your replies. :)

Hopefully this person with be familiar with Mac shortcuts, and I'll try to find the equivalents anyway. I was just worried there may have been major differences. :)

Not worried about how powerful each version is because I won't be pushing either version too much.

Thanks again. :D

Back