Cumbria at sunset

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
No
I recently had a long weekend break in a cottage in Cumbria, for my 5th Anniversary. I didn't have my main camera on me for this, so captured with my phone. I really didn't want to go home!

EDIT: Sorry for posting what is in effect a holiday snap shot (I guess.) This was not meant to be the pinnacle of landscape photography, just sharing a beautiful sunset from a quiet and tranquil part of the country.

Sunset by Gareth Edwards, on Flickr

Last edited:
When you title the picture as Cumbria at sunset you generally expect a stunning mountainous scene or lakes, so although the the colours are lovely it immediately disappoints unfortunately because it's a hotel room snap. You might want to decide if you were in Cumbria (The Lake District) or The Peak District (Derbyshire/Cheshire/Yorkshire/Staffordshire) ;)

When you title the picture as Cumbria at sunset you generally expect a stunning mountainous scene or lakes, so although the the colours are lovely it immediately disappoints unfortunately because it's a hotel room snap. You might want to decide if you were in Cumbria (The Lake District) or The Peak District (Derbyshire/Cheshire/Yorkshire/Staffordshire) ;)

Not sure why I typed Peak District in the Flickr description - it was certainly Cumbria. Not the Lake district though - a small village called Castle Carrock not far from Carlisle.

Back