Custom Fed 1G Thread

I'm not sure although it sounds like the grips I've seen on Canon bodies in the past. Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep an eye out.

Yep, it's the A series bodies that I've seen them on.

Looking good Steve!
Will it be covered or painted or........

Thought so, what about the strap lug, has that gone? I would have thought these are a little heavy for finger loops!

There aren't any strap lugs on the Fed so I'm thinking of fitting the one I took off your 35RC to the grip :0)

Your welcome, no charge!:p

I was spraying a Technics Deck I've been working on today with black Plastigrip paint which has a rubberised feel so sanded the grip and bit and put a coat on it. I need to wait for it to dry but it should give it more grip anyway!

IMG_1477252055.846039.jpg

Must get my Amstrad out of the attic.

Must get my Amstrad out of the attic.
Is it one of these?

postadsuk.com-1-retro-amstrad-sm104-vertical-linear-tracking-turntable-twin-tape-deck-tuner-hifi-system-audio-amp-.JPG

Nòoooo, nothing that posh!

Amstrad tower.jpg

Last edited:
Your deck looks very fine indeed. My Rega Planar 3 also looks and sounds good too. I've decided not to paint it!

Very nice Steve, cracking job!

I have your address for shipping the Amstrad.......................somewhere.:cool:

Thanks Baz. I look forward to working on the Amstrad. My address is 1 Nowhere Street, Noname ;0)

Nah, you cant fool me!
that's nowhere near right. :p

It just fell off in my hand...(I wish it did, it was a pita!)

IMG_1478709444.150350.jpg

IMG_1478709452.010166.jpg

IMG_1478709460.264947.jpg

Weirdly, for a relatively cheap Leica knock off I've been struggling with the idea of replacing the original vulcanite because it was pretty much perfect condition. However, I find it a bit hard without adding much in the way of grip so it had to go! I'll put some finished pictures up when it's done.

It looks................'fluffy' Is it?

It does look a bit like its wearing a fleece. :D

Awful joke Baz :0). But, I've used it before on a few custom cars I built, it's generally found on dashboards of rally cars too to reduce reflections/glare (not that my Fed's going to blind me!)

IMG_1478790834.367420.jpg

IMG_1478790842.223516.jpg

I like the fact it's softer and more tactile than vulcanite so gives a better grip and also, you know I like to be different!

Awful joke Baz :0). But, I've used it before on a few custom cars I built, it's generally found on dashboards of rally cars too to reduce reflections/glare (not that my Fed's going to blind me!)

I like the fact it's softer and more tactile than vulcanite so gives a better grip and also, you know I like to be different!

I would never have guessed!
But yeh, looks good so far, like a bit different myself!

Nice motor by the way! Yours?

What's the project @joxby, I'm intrigued! I decided against bidding on Kiev 4 tonight that I've already planned the re-paint on so I might be able to fit it in (around finishing the InsTLR back, lasercut LF system and laying a new floor!)

Ah well, its not a project really, much more a donation to the fidgety fingers club.
Its a thing I fancied doing, but that was 3 years ago and I haven't been near it, my junk box is rammed and it really would be better off in somebody elses junk box as a project or parts or whatever.
Some parts of it work, (parts pertaining to the job I had in mind for it) and some bits don't, but could be fixed ??, I dunno....its an interesting thing though..:)
Either way, I send it to you, A. to make an effort on de-junking and B. because it...or parts of it could be useful to you in your projectifying.

......and C. I have to fit MY new floor on Tuesday, hell hath no fury...an all that

Just been reading though this and its interesting, some time ago I had similar thoughts, and fitted a Franiec G7 grip to my Zorki 1, not as neat but works well.
Zorki 1.jpg Zorki 2.jpg

Thanks for the kind donation @joxby What exactly is it you're thinking about sending to me and do I need to inform the neighbours that a pallet is being delivered? ;0)

Sadly....its not a MK3 Cortina

Its a small package £1.99 charity shop find with positively no dangerous parts......unless you eat em

Just send me an address and lessen my overburdened junk collection.:)

Sadly....its not a MK3 Cortina

Its a small package £1.99 charity shop find with positively no dangerous parts......unless you eat em

Just send me an address and lessen my overburdened junk collection.:)

Just wanted to say thanks to @joxby for the awesome donor project!

IMG_1481122393.753226.jpg

I'm now looking at lens options for an ultrawide conversion :0)

Back