Photodiva

Foot elevated on the stool
Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know about this outfit?
http://www.dephoto.biz/
I see its a franchise but neve had any dealing with them.

I got into trouble with the mods last time i commented on this lot, the ones ive come across, and this is my own personal experience awere abysmal, total amateurs who didnt even know how to use their gear, prints were mostly OOF, massive crops which clearly showed "jaggies" and some of the stuff had heads and limbs chopped off.

I must also say in their defence that there are good franchises out there but 3 of the 4 ive come across were terrible and their only thought was to make money, the quality of their work and end product was way down the list of priorities, then again their website does clearly say we turn amateurs into pros, maybe i came across them in their transitional stage.

There are current pro/semi pro photographers on here who got a start with them and wouldnt have a bad word said about them and i would also trust their judgement, like all franchises there are good and bad outfits

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for the responses. Don't want to say too much, but I was asked about shooting some kids tournament, and the name DE Photo came into the conversation as they've been used before. Just wanted a feeling about what sort of outfit they are. They seem to push themselves, and I thought I'd seen their efforts on a local half marathon run in the past (runners snapped from standing, positioned somewhere where a lamp post was right in the background ...)

Last edited:
Vigo use DE Photos for the tag festivals, seem to find them ok. I'm at work when they have the festivals so I haven't really seen the results. But I think if you go to their galleries, you can search for Vigo and see them

They were often used for the karate tournaments and it definitely depends on which franchise covers the event postcode, some were excellent, others somewhat less good, bordering on outright crap imo. They have the backing of a large national franchise system behind them but if you can compete on what you offer, no reason not to. ;)

I work freelance for them quite regularly during the summer and really enjoy it. Pay is pretty decent and you get to be at a number of different sports and events, outside and earning when other work has dried up. With it being a franchise I'm sure it can be hit or miss which franchise it is but the guy I work operates his franchise as a proper business should and does very well. He only has photographers who have good experience and are good at what they do. Others may not and want a quick gain from it. Sometimes quantity comes before quality but if parents are happy to buy it then both parties win.

I would operate it with more quality control but then you wouldn't be able to order a print and have it framed within 1 minute. If your thinking of working for them, give it a go and I'm sure your enjoy it (depending on how the franchise is run).

Hi. Cant view vigo without registering. I noticed they want £18k for a franchise and £23k for there 'equipment' not to mention a vehicle! Major investment!

Ill see if anything comes of it. Major effort and change of style for me. Hats off to those that do this!

Last edited:
Are you looking to do some work for them or get a franchise?

Not anxious to work for them really just wondering about their 'product' and value for money. Somehow this event snapping doesnt satisfy my creative side. However there may be an opportunity.

Last edited:
I looked into the DE route, I knew the franchaise in my area was available and proceeded to discuss the options. I found them too restrictive in what I could shoot outside of the franchaise. The upfront costs were excessive....I found that to do it on my own, without their support, would cost me less than half what they were wanting from me.

I have seen different DE outfits working and some were really good and quality was great, others were just so so....

At no point were my photographic credentials asked for....

ive worked for them, quite good but long days but can be good fun.

Well after not hearing about them to seeing them at a tag festival my eldest son was in last weekend and id say our local ones are very poor, the amount of shots that are of the back of kids heads/ backs was amazing, something id never let anyone see they are trying to sell!

Back