D200 -> D300

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys, I currently have a D200, Im very tempted by plus points of the D300. Any of you guys got any sample shots of your own with the D300.. go on, convince me I need it ;)

For me the D300 is a much better camera than the D200 (which is an excellent and very capable body in its own right), noise handling and the superb new AF are the two most important points for me.

I got mine just before Christmas and this was one of the first pics straight out of the box with default settings.

0712_Gracie_008-Edit2.jpg

ISO 1000....

ISO10002.jpg

And a 100% crop of the same image....

crop1.jpg

The eyes in that first image are stunning!! And the lack of noise at ISO1000 is pretty amazing too.

There's no post-processing in these, you're saying, right?

Can't compare it to the D200 as ive never used one. But i love the D300. Moving up from a D40X, the 51 AF points on dynamic AF-C focus is really something else;

Taken on the first day with new camera;
Dripping_beak_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

For me the D300 is a much better camera than the D200 (which is an excellent and very capable body in its own right), noise handling and the superb new AF are the two most important points for me.

I got mine just before Christmas and this was one of the first pics straight out of the box with default settings.

0712_Gracie_008-Edit2.jpg

ISO 1000....

ISO10002.jpg

And a 100% crop of the same image....

crop1.jpg
Wow, well you've convinced me! Any PP on either of those images?

Very impressed with the high iso shot, my D200 wouldnt get anywhere near that, especially indoors under low light. Was that shot lit purely with ambient light?

What lenses where used here? Those eyes are razor sharp! Great job.

With the first shot I enhanced the eyes to give them a bit more pop but everything else is as it was shot - exposure, colour etc and just resized and sharpened for web.

The second shot has had no pp except for resize and sharpen, lighting was just the stage lights iirc. Both taken using the 17-55mm f/2.8.

With the first shot I enhanced the eyes to give them a bit more pop but everything else is as it was shot - exposure, colour etc and just resized and sharpened for web.

The second shot has had no pp except for resize and sharpen, lighting was just the stage lights iirc. Both taken using the 17-55mm f/2.8.
Great.
Just took a look at that lens, wow thats pricey, how come theres such a big price difference between that and say the 18-70? Is it purely because its metal and has an extra stop :confused:?

How do you find the brightness of the D300 display and its accuracy? I always think images are correctly exposed on my D200's display then find they are much darker when I get them back into lightroom.

What PP did you do on the eyes, they look fantastic.

The 18-70mm is a great lens considering it is a kit offering and its price but unfortunately I had a bit of an accident so I replaced it with a second hand 17-55mm. It's a great lens and having the extra speed (f/2.8) means it can be used in low light.

For the eyes have a look at this tutorial I did a few weeks ago.

(y)

Back