D200 ordered!

A step in the right direction Joe.

Congrats mate.:)

Good choice :D

now you'll almost know what it's like to use a Canon :p nice one :)

Good man ... you will not regret it Joe ... ;)

I am sure you will let us know when it arrives ... :LOL:

Where from in the end ... :thinking:

:p

Canon released a 200D? When did that happen ???

:D

(y) Nice one Joe, you deserve it mate (y)

Nice - a very capable camera, if lenses were cross compatible I would seriously be interested in a D200 myself (as a backup of course ;) j/k).

Hope its with you soon - and we want pics :D

Sweet :clap:
Paul :nikon:

Excellent, you won't regret it!

Welcome to the club. :D

Good stuff Joe - enjoy!

Whatever the make, a decent new purchase is a decent new purchase (no comment required Ven ;))

Hope you get the most from it and look forward to some shots in due course.

Wont see it till I get to my GFs later tonight. :D

And I guess she won't get to see much of you tonight then! (y) Have a great weekend playing Joe, can't wait to see some results from it. BTW is you new GF into photog?

And I guess she won't get to see much of you tonight then! (y) Have a great weekend playing Joe, can't wait to see some results from it. BTW is you new GF into photog?

Yeah she is. She's very creative. She shoots, paints and makes all kind of stuff!

She has a Canon A520 (I think), but one reason for the new cam is so she can borrow the D70 when we are out and about.

When she gets BB she might well sign up on here.

Look out people! :help:

Sounds like a top lady (y)

Congratulations Joe (y)

Let us know if it focusses much faster with the 120-300mm :)

So, the D200?

Well, I havent used it properly yet. All I've done is had a bit of a play and a run through of the menus and fucntions. Some bit of the layout are the same as the D70, others totally different!

The one thing I would say is that this camera is SOLID! It feels like its built like a brick ****house, and it seems to weight just as much!

One thing I hadnt thought about is how few pictures my 1 GD CF cards will hold. I have 5 of these, and I like having 5 all the same. Hmm, what to do, what to do!

Anyway, it feels awesome so far. I think I will go and shoot ice hockey again next Saturday, so will give it a proper test then. :D

If you dont already have one, i'd recommend a Jobo GigaOne. Cant view the images, but you can pick up a 30GB one for £89.99 now. Had mine for almost a year and now couldn't live without it :)

Come on Joe get some pics up of your new toy. Opening the box pics are mandatory on TP. :D

You're right - I shoot in raw with small jpg combined and HAD to get a couple of 2GB cards when i bought the 5D.

Yeah - the Epsom looks good at that price - I imagine you're a raw shooter so might be worth checking it can display raw from the D200 if viewing is part of the attraction........

Back