D90 Owners Thread - Anything D90 related

Yoshi,

I upgraded from the D40 just before Christmas. I've not looked back.

Lots more focus points to choose from, a far far superior ISO performance and for me one of the best things is the ease of use. The main settings I use can all be accessed on the body rather than fiddling in the menu system. I find the display on the top of the camera very handy also.

I loved my D40, but the D90 is different class in my opinion, you'll not regret buying one at all.

Yoshi,

As above really. D40 is a stunning starter cam. But I need the higher ISO performance, and built in motor.

Just time for me to make the upgrade I think, I know the D40 inside out and I will be keeping it.

I have a D60 and D90, the 90 is a big step up especially in focussing, its much quicker and more reliable in low light. D60/D40 is still capable of doing nearly everything D90 will do, but I prefer the heavy and more substantial feel of the D90, instant access to adjustments and screen with more resolution. Video, and live view for me are just not required.

cool thanks guys. Maybe a new member of the D90 club by the end of the week ;-)

I've just been in Cameraworld playing around with the D90 and I absolutely loved it. I was a bit shocked that the price has gone up though which means I wont be getting it anytime soon. I was even impressed with the video mode for some reason lol. I really really want one now.

Dal, whats the pocket damage on the D90 now?

Well last night the price was £849 and that was the Nikon D90, 18 -105mm VR and the Nikon Battery grip.

It's now £849 for the Body and lens, then £190 for the battery grip so thats £1040 ouch.

I went in jessops to check thier price and the body is now £699 or £799 with the 18-105mm VR.

Warehouse Express and Camerabox are still £620 for the body only.

Jessops told me their prices are amended on thursday's so the price might go up tomorrow.

Just been on the phone to Jessops and they will match the argos price of £743 = Body and 18-105 kit lens.

LCE also said they will match it.

well that's not even funny, heard they were going up £80.....hmm may just have to bite the bullet tonight then.

I don't have enough cash to buy it, it really sucks. I wish I'd bought the deal at cameraworld the other day now.

Need to sell some stuff at home before I can buy one.

I'm guessing that £639 is body only, if not then I want a link, will slap it on the credit card lol

The best body only price I can find at the moment is £620 from warehouse express or camerabox.

Last edited:
Yeah Jacobs have one on reserved for me.

Picking it up tonight.

Can't wait. And yes Body only.

Nice one, bet you can't wait to pick it up now lol.

post up what you think of it when you pick it up and have a little play with it.

Looking around at the prices it looks like i was right too buy it about a month or so ago i got body, grip and another nikon battery for £700 from jessops and that was £50 cheaper than they wanted for them all seperate at the time but umm'd for a while and got them too drop the price.

yea but with next day delivery, can't get to any shops easily from where i work (in the sticks)

Well my girlfriend is on her way to get it now for me, so we'll have it at the same time, give or take.

:)

Went to LCE and extracted a bit more £'s out of them. Anyway, got one, got it home and had a little play and I am loving it. Many more features than my D60 so when I come back home tonight (have to go out!) I will get my head stuck into the manual.

They did advise me to hold on to my D60 and not to sell it just yet as it too will go up in value over the next few weeks.

Went to LCE and extracted a bit more £'s out of them. Anyway, got one, got it home and had a little play and I am loving it. Many more features than my D60 so when I come back home tonight (have to go out!) I will get my head stuck into the manual.

They did advise me to hold on to my D60 and not to sell it just yet as it too will go up in value over the next few weeks.

That's good then, seems like there all going up in price again then :)

Hi there, new here and might be getting a D90 next week when my insurance money clears on Wednesday.

Not sure whether to get the D60 or D90, really want the D90 but not sure if it will be worth it by next Wednesday evening.

Think part of the reasons the price is going up so much is because of the exchange rate, that and the D5000 is coming out next Friday, its better then the D60 but not as good (in some ways) as the D90 so one shop assistant told me that to even things out the D90 will probably increase in price.

Makes sense when the D5000 body only will be selling for about £719 at Jessops.

Just hope the fact that I used to work in Jessops a few years ago and still know a few people there, and the fact that they often get points or insentives for selling things, means I might be able to get the D90 at an ok price.

(fingers crossed)

For those that changed from the D60 to the D90, why did you, and was it worth it in the long run?

I moved up yesterday from a D60 to a D90.

I was worried if I was wasting my time but having had a bit of a play with the D90 I am convinced I did the right thing. Many more features and well worth the upgrade.

I still love my D60 and will hold onto it a while before I sell it as the 2nd hand market may well improve over the next few weeks.

Still need to spend a lot of time with the D90 to learn my way around it. Great fun though.

I went from D40 (pretty much a D60) to a D90, and it's definitaley a step in the right direction. I'm going to attempt to read the manual today, should be fun.

still waiting for mine to turn up. Little disappointed as the status of my order says "Order Received and to be Processed" should have been processed last night. * crosses fingers**

Well if you paid for next day delivery it should be there this morning, unless you had to pay before a certain time, it's normally around 2/3pm.

site says order before 5pm.. which I did. I emailed them this morning (no reply yet) jotted down their phone number

Yeah should be all good then, they'll have it on a over night delivery, I wouldn't expect it early though.

nope, will have to wait another day. Confusion at the depot due to payment address and delivery address being different. Oh well as long as I get it before the weekend, I'll be happy

Wahey just joined the D90 club, looks fab cant wait to get out and try it :woot:

Back