Weekly daddy day cares 52 for 2012 week 3 sigh

Name
Jean
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Andy - good luck with this year's 52. :) I didn't do 2011 either - sometimes you just need a break, but hopefully this year the creative juices will flow for both of us!!! :D

Week 1 Direction - Does what it says on the tin - the emphasis on the compass gets the message of 'direction' across very neatly, and I like the yellow roads on the map being picked up in the cord of the compass - it gives a continuity around the shot (if that makes sense!) :)

Week 2 Fear - Don't apologise for using a very scary looking figure! That axe would send anyone running away. :eek: I love the processing - it's spot on for the theme. (y)

Jean

happygolucky

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi fellow 52er.
Direction-fits the theme very well, reminds me of my orienteering days.

Fear-Works ok, as said good use of lighting.

Good luck with the next 50 (y)

OP
OP
D
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks folks.

My mind is already blank for week 3 at the moment.

I will comment on other peoples as soon I can but TP is blocked at work :eek: so will have to be in my own time instead.

Andy

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Andy,

Direction: great lighting (I can't get the hang of that yet)
Fear: great figure setting and lighting, I don't think it would look the same on colour.

Well done, looking forward to the rest of the 50.

Chris

OP
OP
D
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks folks.

Believe it or not both shots used exactly the same light. A single Bowens esprit 250 with a reflective umbrella. I moved it further away, collapsed the brolly a bit and stopped the lens down a bit for the lego shot.

Andy

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Andy, good to see you again ;)... you got roped into it too huh :D...

Direction : That works well... fits the theme.

Fear : Don't apologise for using lego... you're not the only one :D... Very menacing looking character you've picked there... works great for the theme.

Name
Dade
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Andy,
Good to see you doing a 52 again.

Week 1 - Works well, watch those highlights ;)
Week 2 - dont apoligise for using Lego, its cool!! The shot works well, perhaps the slightly touch of light to the face of the model, just to lift a little.

OP
OP
D
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
posed?

That's his normal position :LOL:

I've never known such a lazy dog. Enjoys his walks but when he's in the house he can't be bothered moving. I read somewhere that lurchers are described as "40mph couch potatoes" :D That's not wrong.

Andy