Daily Day 53/365 Look in - I dare you!

Love the woods at night shot, it's another thing I want to try but I can't decide if I should persuade someone to come along with me! Some lovely beach shots, my favourite there is the either 50a/50e or 50c I can't make up my mind! I've have any of those on my wall if I had taken them. "Shelter" is bleak and colourful at the same time, it makes me feel sorry for the sheep. As for the "Knot" shot, it reminds of a film where Peter Duncan (I think) had to stick their arms into a hole and hope to not get stung by something with green poison. I think it might have been Flash Gordon. (I digress) Great shot and love the colour and texture of it. (y)

Day 54 was a bit of a cheat as I ran out of time so had to look over any pictures I had taken during the day so its a cropped version of one you have all already seen...

054 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Day 55 was another quick shot - clouds I was looking for colour anywhere but there is none - bring on Spring!

055 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Day 57.

Today's decision has come about quite surprisingly. I have decided to stop my 365. It's not a decision I take lightly but I have reached a point where I don't know why I am doing it.

I am having a real dilemma over my photography in general and what I wish to achieve with it. It is not that I wish to stop taking photos, quite the opposite, however I am concerned that i don't print anything and what I am shooting is just meaningless. I want create images for people that will last...

I'm very sad to hear that, as your 365 is one I have thoroughly enjoyed following so far this year:( However, your reasoning is very valid and I hope that you will continue to pop in and see us and egg us on every now and then.

Good luck x

Nooooooooooo! Sad news indeed, i am with Sarah i also looked forward to your shots each day!... i understand tho and don't be a stranger!

Good luck x

I'm very sorry to see this, ferj, I have really enjoyed your thread over the past couple of months. Please drop in and see us from time to time! :)

Thanks for all the kind comments, of course I will drop in and see everyone! I have really enjoyed participating in everyones threads and seeing all your photos.

It's a funny one really. I suddenly questioned why I/we take photos. I mean will our kids care in 20 years that I spent an hour wandering in the woods at night or playing with drawing pins to get an image? Probably not. It's like I suddenly developed this social conscience that if I am going to take photos then they should matter and be images people can look back on. It came like a bolt from the blue!

I just also realised that I don't print images and if I die no one going to give two hoots about by Flickr account or posts on here. The majority of photos on my hard drive just would not matter. However, if I have prints that document people and places, they may be of use or some relevance in the future.

At the end of the day, I don't have a great deal to leave behind but it would be nice to know that if there were physical prints I had taken the time to create, they at least might be looked at, distributed, displayed or donated rather than never being seen again.

All sounds very morbid I know (and there is no reason for this!). I think to be honest it was the arrival of the film camera that made me consider if I am going to be ordering prints then I better make em worthwhile!

Sorry to hear you're leaving us Ferj! Make sure you stay active though! And keep posting your photos on the forum/flickr, as they're a pleasure to look at!
Like you, I have never printed a photo either, but I feel like my 365 helps me to improve, even if I'm not out shooting land/cityscapes like I want to be!
Best of luck with your future photography Ferj - how strange I never even knew your name!

Thanks Jake, really appreciated! I'm not leaving the forum and will still be sharing my photos and I'll be watching you all....

I will keep you all up to speed with my new adventures wherever they might lie :)

Sorry you're leaving the sunshine haven Ferj, I did wonder what I would do with my 365 when I finish and have decided to make myself a really good quality photo book with them, that way, I will be printing them and it will be something that lasts.
I'm using mine as a way to get me out shooting more, especially exploring my local area, as opposed to doing nothing with my spare time. I'm getting some real inspiration on here and also on flickr, where I've met some other local photographers who are happy to share places they have found.
Good luck & hope to see some of your images on the site

Thanks for all the kind comments, of course I will drop in and see everyone! I have really enjoyed participating in everyones threads and seeing all your photos.

It's a funny one really. I suddenly questioned why I/we take photos. I mean will our kids care in 20 years that I spent an hour wandering in the woods at night or playing with drawing pins to get an image? Probably not. It's like I suddenly developed this social conscience that if I am going to take photos then they should matter and be images people can look back on. It came like a bolt from the blue!

I just also realised that I don't print images and if I die no one going to give two hoots about by Flickr account or posts on here. The majority of photos on my hard drive just would not matter. However, if I have prints that document people and places, they may be of use or some relevance in the future.

At the end of the day, I don't have a great deal to leave behind but it would be nice to know that if there were physical prints I had taken the time to create, they at least might be looked at, distributed, displayed or donated rather than never being seen again.

All sounds very morbid I know (and there is no reason for this!). I think to be honest it was the arrival of the film camera that made me consider if I am going to be ordering prints then I better make em worthwhile!

This actually crossed my mind this weekend :eek:

I was actually thinking about the Vivian Maier find - will this ever happen again, or will everything just be lost as hard drives get killed off with every new PC that is purchased. I mean, what will happen to my Flickr account, do I need to bequeath it in my will :shrug: Perhaps everyone will have codicils now, with account passwords and instructions on what is to happen after their death :thinking:

Last edited:
I've really enjoyed following your thread Ferj, but I completely understand why you are stopping. I think this will be my first and only 365 (should I get to the end). I'm finding having to post something daily doesn't give me sufficient time to plan and work on an idea or concept to create an image I am happy with. Still, I intend to see this through to the end, even if it's the end of me!

Good luck with that film camera, be sure to scan some of your work in to share with us ;)

Sorry to hear you're leaving this corner of the forum, but glad it's for positive reasons and a new direction in your photography. I agree we should print more, in my family we have prints going back about 100 years, and it's important that we too leave evidence for future generations apart from some electronic accounts. Wishing you all the best and new enjoyment from your photography.

A lot of good shots there! 50c is probably my pick of the bunch from those shots too. Day 55 is quite nice too, very fitting of the weather we've been getting!

And just read day 57! Sorry to hear you're parting with the nutters corner! Will keep an eye out for you stuff though :)

Day 57.

Today's decision has come about quite surprisingly. I have decided to stop my 365. It's not a decision I take lightly but I have reached a point where I don't know why I am doing it.

I am having a real dilemma over my photography in general and what I wish to achieve with it. It is not that I wish to stop taking photos, quite the opposite, however I am concerned that i don't print anything and what I am shooting is just meaningless. I want create images for people that will last...

I can so relate to what you're saying here... As I too am considering it seriously... Good luck with all future ventures.! (y)

Back