Daily Day 53/365 Look in - I dare you!

Thanks ;). It took quite a few attempts to get the way I wanted. It was a 30 second exposure which is the limit of my camera (need a DSLR again!) and I used an off camera flash with filter to bring out the chair

Thanks again for all the positive comments, I keep trying new things with the hope it will work :)

Today I went out in daylight (shock horror!) to Cleveleys Beach with the family, while I could have spent hours doing photo stuff (and got the cold shoulder for a week if i had....) I took just a few but I cant decide which should be my day 50 so input as ever, greatly appreciated!

050a by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

050e by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

050c by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

050b by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

050d by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
#4 is stunning!

#3 is also gorgeous!

but all of them are lovely really!!

Well that doesn't really help! I was quite drawn to the sea water and number 4 too...

Ferj said:
Well that doesn't really help! I was quite drawn to the sea water and number 4 too...

They are both gorgeous!.... The tones in 4 are beautiful

They're all lovely - if it was me I'd do a triptych of the wave, a shell one and a sea one.

Both your light painting shots are great especially the spontaneous combustion. Out of the beach shots, I think I prefer the second one of the sea shell.

Back near dry land today and on my lunch hour from work I sped off (within the speed limit of course) to Corporation Park in Blackburn. In the park there is a magnificent old victorian conservatory that sadly everytime I go there has been further vandalised. Inside it didnt look much better to be fair and I cant tell if they are pruning or removing all the plants.

Although a magnificent place in its time, I found it really hard to find a picture so I have settled on this shot from underneath a huge leaf of an unknown plant! I liked the light from above and the lines...

Cant really say how much all the kind words from people mean but thank you (again!) for looking and taking the time to pass comment!

051 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Thats a great abstract, i wouldn't have guessed it a leaf!(y)

Love the beach photos - get there quite often as it is only 5 minutes up the road from me :) Great shot of the leaf though would never have thought it was :)

Thats a great abstract, i wouldn't have guessed it a leaf!(y)

It is ;)

Nice abstract, really like the mono on this, works very well.

Cheers, its not actually mono just a little desaturated to bring out the details, I tried a full mono just didnt really work for me (y)

Loving the beach photo's makes me want to head of to the seaside (y) and what a wonderful use of EL (y) very good :clap:

Cheers Matt, it was a lovely day & yes I love EL wire :D

Love the beach photos - get there quite often as it is only 5 minutes up the road from me :) Great shot of the leaf though would never have thought it was :)

I thought of you while we were there - maybe we need a Blackpool TP meet :naughty:

Todays photo taken on the drive home from work. Pulled up sharp in a layby and saw these poor sheep looking so sorry for themselves! This one particularly caught my eye trying to use this tree as shelter

052 Shelter by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Playing catch up here! I love the church in day 44, beautifully processed shot; the trees work really well in B&W and I like to see a lower shot through woods like that; the photo with your new toy is great and I love the colour and patterns in there; the snail may just be a quick shot, but it has great detail in there; you wouldn't catch me walking on my own in the woods at night and that's not a fear I'm even going to attempt to conquer, so well done you! And the result is fantastic (y)

Oh, FOUR!!! :)

I thought of you while we were there - maybe we need a Blackpool TP meet :naughty:

Think they have one when the Illuminations are on but think they should have one for the beach - could do all three - Blackpool, Cleveleys and Fleetwood all in one day :)

Great shot for today as well - love the colours :)

Carol, sounds like a plan!

That sunset could have been sooo good but it was not to be,Shaun will have to stay cold and blimey it will be tonight, brrrrr!

I really like the composition you have chosen for the leaf. It makes it look very structured, and well spotted with that sheltering sheep. it took me a while to spot it ;)

I wouldn't have known that was a leaf if you hadn't said - really interesting to get a different angle. :)

Poor sheep - I quite like shooting sheep - and I baaa at them to get them to look at the camera - which they do, and then as soon as I try to take a shot they turn tail and wander off!

Brilliant shot :clap: reminds me of those figures you can get that are carved from wood but you have managed to get right in close :)

Back