Daily Day 53/365 Look in - I dare you!

Great work over the last few days Ferj, really admire your imagination. No idea what the abstract is though.

Personally i think its a giants polo and the photography relation is a ploy to put us off.....:cautious:

Ta Da - well the answer is... revealed after this photo! This is a shot of a CD on my desk. I really like capturing these kind of shots and although I had to add water, the CD's were on the desk!

012 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

The image before was a shot of the back my X-rite i1 monitor calibrator (the bit that rests against the screen! Closest was Whipspeed (Sarah) so she wins the 10 Ferj points - Dont spend them all at once and not redeemable in Jessops

:exit:

Well, I'm liking the CD after seeing yours and I think it was Carols, I'm going to have a go at this :)

About the calibrator :confused:

Ohhh I won, I shall try not to spend all my points at once :) Went past the big new Jessops in Leicester today & they were clearing it out. It only opened in November! Madness.

Love today's shot as well, spot on with the sharpness where it is sharp and nice drop off either side. Great colour as well.

Amazing! love those colours.... i can't wait to get a macro to try this(y)

Oh that winds me up even more, I'll be racking my brain all night now :bank: love todays it's wonderful (y)

There's really no need to rack your brains as I told everyone in the last post below the picture :)

Day 13 I had some loose change on the desk and I decided to add a little action to my shot for today. This was quite hard as I found my desk slopes on a slight angle :bang: and getting the focusing, shutter speed etc right to get the right effect I wanted took a bit of practice/luck!

013 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

just brilliant ..could have used this for motion and movement ... if I had thought of it :)

I have only just seen this thread but find the simplicity inspirational. I can't wait for more...!

Just catching up on the last few days and some really great photos - I really like the lamp and yesterdays. Todays is great and I bet that took some patience! :)

The spin is brilliant... such lovely tones too... although i still love the blue from the lamp;)

Perhaps if you are starting to find it hard from the desk... move to one room each until you've exhausted them all?:D So your title could change with each room too?

Thanks, it was really quite tricky to get the effect I visualised but I liked the way this one turned out :)

Think I will be exploring the rest of the house soon, but I don't want to give up on the desk just yet!

Last edited:
Safe, but still good. Excellent DOF usage and a nice colourway - I do like things rainbow ordered where possilble - my books are like it on my book case :D

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! All you shots are brilliant.

I've just seem no 1 again, and you might want to revisit it at some point, but this time kick the desk to create some ripples (a la Jurassic Park)!

I really like that and oh nearly two years ago I did a paperclip photo but very different to this, that's what I love about photography :D if you list it I did paperclips, with a shallow DoF sounds like we took the same photo :LOL: but actually very different :D personaly I'd have focused on the second one from the camera as all of that is in frame :thinking:

Day 15, its really getting tough now!!! Anyway heres is the shot (especially for you Sarah (y)) - some drawing pins, thought I would include the set build for today to prove I am still at my desk!!!

015 Drawing Pins by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Here is the hi-tech set up

Ferj Pin Set Build by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for the comments guys & gals - keep em coming its always helpful to hear other peoples views and to give me some ideas how I can retry some of my shots to get them a bit better (y)

Will try and visit as many 365 threads as I can soon - just struggling for time as helping the inlaws move this week :bonk:

Very clever. Love the simple lighting, yet kind of complex in a way! Especially on the drawing pins :)

Back