weekly debrito's 52 week 7-9

Hi Paul
really good image for secure. Mono take is excellent and lots of detail in the different metals that make up the safe. Good focus. Need to be careful with the crop - but there again I can't talk:D

Hi Paul

great image for Secure....lovely DOF , mono suits it (y)....possibly a little more room at the top :shrug:...keep looking at it....maybe a smidge off the bottom instead ?

You sound like me...200 shots & eventually you get one you're pleased with :LOL:

I agree it's a good image for secure and I like the mono. I agree that a little crop along the bottom may help, but I can't decide.

I know what it's like though to take hundreds of images to get just one! I'm a master at that, so my goal is to reduce the camera abuse and try and get the settings right first time.

Hey Paul

A nicely processed shot, I also would have liked a bit more room top of frame, but good dof and sharp where it needs to be - like it (y)

thanks for just a quick edit to see if more pleasing on the eye and i think your all right it some how sits better
Sucure-2.jpg

Is that a sewage works?

I like the angle in number one against the lovely blue sky but you can't see what it is.

i think it was a old Steetley Magnesite of some sort of coast on Hartlepool at least i think

I like the cropped version of secure Paul, concentrates the eye directly on the detail.
#1 for industry gets my vote, I love the big sky look about this image.

Good luck on catching up, you're nearly there :D Iain

well i was behind and was struggling to catch up but come up with this idea

Money (week 9) is the root (week7) of all evil i was going to push the boat really out and say it was all made by man lol but i think that would be pushing my luck
moneyandroot.jpg

Hi Paul

some great shots for Industry....#1 for me...love the sky , though might be tempted to crop the pole n white lump of something...though I have a feeling that's one of those lead in lines I keep reading about :LOL:

Money...yup , on theme , but seems a little rushed to me? sory of it's not but just saying as I see....the shadow at the bck distracts me a little...maybe pilling the money up & using the EVIL in money around it could work? or maybe not :thinking:

blondie606 said:
Hi Paul

some great shots for Industry....#1 for me...love the sky , though might be tempted to crop the pole n white lump of something...though I have a feeling that's one of those lead in lines I keep reading about :LOL:

Money...yup , on theme , but seems a little rushed to me? sory of it's not but just saying as I see....the shadow at the bck distracts me a little...maybe pilling the money up & using the EVIL in money around it could work? or maybe not :thinking:

Thanks to be honest your right it was rushed ! I'm going re shoot and stop rushing,and not worrying about being behind

Secure – I like this. The B&W approach suits it well

Industry – Nice set with a preference to #1

Money – I’d have liked to have seen more lighting towards the top of the image to make the word evil stand out more

Seem to have missed your thread :thinking:
Like secure, very effective and clean image.
Industry, I also prefer #1 though a slight crop on the right might improve it?
Money works well with the DOF, but there is a major error ... it isn't money that is the root of all evil, it is the LOVE of money! :D

Really liking your images Paul, secure has some nice tones, Industry great colours and definitely a connection between 'root' and 'money' but the latter I feel would benefit from a little more focus on the front few rows of the coins

Nick

Back