DeBrito's PHOTO 52 2011

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
hi dont know if this is the thing to do but going to try !!

image will follow im giving this more thought then i have done ant image so far wicked its working

ok here is week 1 its late already whoops sorry

donkey;s accommodation

donkeyshouseweek1accomadation.jpg

And i got week 2's as well to make up for being late on the first

NEW shoots
Newshootsweek2.jpg

#1 Awwwww cute. Personally i would have framed just the two stables so tat the donkey played a larger part in the composition, a little less of the foreground also as not adding to the 'story'.

#2 Good use of dof with focus sharp on the subject. I also think you have handled light well in both images.

#1 Awwwww cute. Personally i would have framed just the two stables so tat the donkey played a larger part in the composition, a little less of the foreground also as not adding to the 'story'.

#2 Good use of dof with focus sharp on the subject. I also think you have handled light well in both images.

good take on the theme well done (y)

i agree with donkey and door think i wish i had spent a bit more time but i was already late!! but your bang right

thanks for comments cant wait for next its a great way to get you thinking more instaed of just shooting away

really wanted to get this right but did not get the time!
I tried to get the look but after much thought i got it wrong i belive it should of been in a busy town but i ran out of time !
:bang:
28May2010_4902.jpg

Hi Paul,

Really nice backdrop.

As a suggestion, try this shot at either dawn or dusk. This will give lovely reflictions of the sky on the car.

What type of car is it btw?

Hi Paul,

Really nice backdrop.

As a suggestion, try this shot at either dawn or dusk. This will give lovely reflictions of the sky on the car.

What type of car is it btw?
yes your right

its a fiat 500 its a great little car bags of fun

#1, a bit too much foreground. I'd like t have seen a tight zoom on the donkey framed in the door.

My 6 year old daughter has just said you should have just taken a picture of the two left doors....I'm well chuffed...:D

#2 me and my daughter think a tighter crop on the LH front shoot would be a nice shot. The focus isn't quite right across the image. Nice idea thought, new life...

#3 is a bit too big and central. If you try and move your perspective a bit more to the front right wing? Nice car BTW...:)

Do you have any pp software? If so, I'm sure you could add a bit more punch..

Cheers.

#1, a bit too much foreground. I'd like t have seen a tight zoom on the donkey framed in the door.

My 6 year old daughter has just said you should have just taken a picture of the two left doors....I'm well chuffed...:D

#2 me and my daughter think a tighter crop on the LH front shoot would be a nice shot. The focus isn't quite right across the image. Nice idea thought, new life...

#3 is a bit too big and central. If you try and move your perspective a bit more to the front right wing? Nice car BTW...:)

Do you have any pp software? If so, I'm sure you could add a bit more punch..

Cheers.

yes you and your daughter are right to tell you the truth im always leaving it too late on every theme so far im happy im doing then but im spending to much time thinking about the theme instead of the shot but thanks i agree on all counts

yes you and your daughter are right to tell you the truth im always leaving it too late on every theme so far im happy im doing then but im spending to much time thinking about the theme instead of the shot but thanks i agree on all counts

Funnily enough, Paul, I'm the opposite, as soon as I see the theme, I'm off...really must slow down and give the subject matter more thought.

Cheers.

Cute car and in focus. i would suggest a little more room in the composition, I know it is a little car by modern standards but, give it some room ;) Not sure I like the running down the hill look either...miserable so n so aren't I? Sorry :shrug:

I like that car though :LOL:

well its here it is a half open door (y)
I like the arch and the light in this one, i was a bit cheeky and opened the door myself
DSC00277.jpg

(y)

Hiya Paul,

I really like your take on this weeks theme and a lovely image.

My only critique would be that it could benefit from a very slight straighten and perhaps a tad heavy sharpen.

Otherwise I really like this.

BTW, just checking the spreadsheet and I see that your link is working fine now.

Cheers

Dawn :)

I love the tones in this and the composition. I agree a straighten and sharpen would help, I think one is permitted to be cheeky and open church doors ;)

thank you to you all for your comments i have to agree on all counts
just one thing how do i sharpen is it in unmasked ? and how much .8 setting wise i never get it right
thank you again

Hiya Paul,

I really like your take on this weeks theme and a lovely image.

My only critique would be that it could benefit from a very slight straighten and perhaps a tad heavy sharpen.

Otherwise I really like this.

BTW, just checking the spreadsheet and I see that your link is working fine now.

Cheers

thanks for you comments really help me improve thanks again

thank you to you all for your comments i have to agree on all counts
just one thing how do i sharpen is it in unmasked ? and how much .8 setting wise i never get it right
thank you again

I use unsharp mask to sharpen (perverse isn't it?) Check what you are doing by setting image view to 100% then I experiment ;) Admittedly don't always get it right ;)

I use unsharp mask to sharpen (perverse isn't it?) Check what you are doing by setting image view to 100% then I experiment ;) Admittedly don't always get it right ;)

thanks ill give that a go on next weeks theme (y)

I really like the tones in this picture although a straighten would help a little, its a nice shot. I'm not sure if i'd like to be a little further back to get a little more of the church in but i don't know if that would take something away from it as i like the 'grand entrance' feeling that it gives :)

I really like the tones in this picture although a straighten would help a little, its a nice shot. I'm not sure if i'd like to be a little further back to get a little more of the church in but i don't know if that would take something away from it as i like the 'grand entrance' feeling that it gives :)

thank you i wonted to get more of the church in but the further back i got the less the focus was on the door begin open if you know what i mean

always wonted to do his finally got the chance
27Jan2011_4739webcopy.jpg
(y)

Last edited:
Your re-shoot of week 3 is a lot better. I keep meaning to getting around to experimenting with motion blur myself. Nice one

Martin
thanks
Im pleased with the re shoot and im pleased with week 4 open i feel as i rushed the other 2, i had been concentrating on the theme and forgetting about the shot
thanks again

My take on this theme as soon as it came out i just new what i was going to do almost straight away

After about 30 different variation's i settled with this one (y)

the idea for the red light is to give it a bit of danger (lol) well worth ago i suppose see what you think
DSC00076.jpg

Brilliant idea for the theme Paul. I am not too sure about the spot lighting on the nails though - I dont think it was needed as the image speaks for itself. Nice Work

Martin

Certainly can't suggest you didn't get 'into' the theme :clap: Well done - but of course I hate you :naughty: I've not had a thought, never mind able to post a lovely shot within hours :nono:

lol well its the first time is come to me straight away im just glad it wasn't like 1st week where i thought about everything and then talk myself out of it
good luck

Brilliant idea for the theme Paul. I am not too sure about the spot lighting on the nails though - I dont think it was needed as the image speaks for itself. Nice Work

Martin

your probably right ill post the ones without spot lighting to see :shrug:

well just had a look they all have a bit of spot lighting here is another i found but dismissed
another take on the theme although i like the first better
DSC00056.jpg

Hiya Paul,

Excellent take on the theme (but buggerooo, you stole my idea) :LOL:

I have been juggling a couple of ideas in my head today, even though it has been so hectic, what with my son's birthday party etc, etc. And this was one that popped into my head. Anyway I may have to go with one of my other options, but who knows may still use nails :D

I like both your images, although the first looks a tad dark, but the use of the spot lighting works well.

The second image is great too, and I like the way you have used the nail to underline the word HARD. Although I am not sure about your DOF here as it puts the word HARD out of focus, which I think should be sharper and more prominent here.

Both fit the bill :clap:

Cheers

well just had a look they all have a bit of spot lighting here is another i found but dismissed
another take on the theme although i like the first better
DSC00056.jpg

That must have been one of them "I've got it!" moments - very fast!

dof is a tad out. I like the shadow nail as an emphasis, but feel the angle is a bit out... I'd like to see the 'hard' further left and the 'as + nails' further right...if you know what I mean (message to self, "step away from the Stella!").

Cheers.

I don't believe it for second week running it came straight to my head and i didn't have to leave the room
:puke:

I went for a blurred out effect on this one so you can try and I identify all stuff in draw just to add a bit more fun :wave::wave:
DSC00235.jpg

Back