DeBrito's PHOTO 52 2011

Hiya Paul,

Well done on getting your week 6 done so quickly.

The cluttered drawer fits the bill. Can't make out all the objects in there, but can identify a few.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Nice one, looks like the "man drawer" that michael mcintyre talks about in one of his routines:D

Hiya Paul,

Well done on getting your week 6 done so quickly.

The cluttered drawer fits the bill. Can't make out all the objects in there, but can identify a few.

Cheers

I like it. Great take on the theme for this week

nice one! I'm still scratching my head for this one.

now thats just showing off...

thanks you for all you nice comments (y)

mighty quick and clutter it is (y)I have a toolbox that looks just like that :D

Well i finaly got round to doing this had a idea with these two plates or should i say "delicate" plates i wonted to try a long exposure i got it to about 30 sec but then i was getting some light leakeage i think is the right term?? i might have ago later without leakage
DSC00064.jpg

Hiya Paul,

A great take on the theme, and they are beautiful places, but not sure your photo is doing them the full justice.

I hope you don't mind but I did a bit of an edit, to make the background darker, applied a bit of sharpen and tried to tone down the light reflection a bit using 'remove shine' in Picnik. Also did a bit of a crop to remove the stiching at the top of your image. Then I applied a black border to give more space around the image which seemed to be quite a tight crop and finally added a border.

5451732218_688b298a6e_b.jpg

Please just say if you want me to remove the image, but I thought it would be easier to explain my thoughts on how to improve the photo by including my edit.

Cheers

Hiya Paul,

A great take on the theme, and they are beautiful places, but not sure your photo is doing them the full justice.

I hope you don't mind but I did a bit of an edit, to make the background darker, applied a bit of sharpen and tried to tone down the light reflection a bit using 'remove shine' in Picnik. Also did a bit of a crop to remove the stiching at the top of your image. Then I applied a black border to give more space around the image which seemed to be quite a tight crop and finally added a border.

5451732218_688b298a6e_b.jpg

Please just say if you want me to remove the image, but I thought it would be easier to explain my thoughts on how to improve the photo by including my edit.

Cheers

Superb cant i say that i did that now thats what i wonted to do but didnt knoe how to do it

struggled again with this week. i decided to go for the chaos that is my desk as its allways in this state, doing eight diffrent things at once ,but keeps me on my toes as i call it "organized chaos" if you have a clean desk then you have done everything you need to do!! start something else(y)

I wanted something a bit soft and not very clear as to represent my mind rushing about to do all the things on my desk!!! i was going to try a bit of motion blur but i didnt work out so i went for the soft feel hope you like
DSC00030.jpg

Good take on the Chaos theme Paul. I understand your reasoning behind the softness. Its a shame you couldnt get the motion blur which would perhaps have given your minds perspective on the Chaos. Never the less, a great Chaotic image :clap:

Hiya Paul,

I like your chaos photo, that definitely looks chaotic to me (y)

Hope you think of something soon for 'Finished'.

Cheers

we after last weeks none event im still cant think of anything for finish but here we go with week 10 trip thought this would be nice i got this shot on thurday and well see what you think!!
trio.jpg

Hiya Paul,

Yep I like your photo for week 10 and like how you have used selective colouring on this photo to emphasise the trio of crocus.

I think perhaps a bit of a crop would benefit the photo though.

Otherwise a good idea for the week.

Pity you couldn't think of anything for week 9, but it might still come to you later and then you can post it up then.

Cheers

Hiya Paul,

Yep I like your photo for week 10 and like how you have used selective colouring on this photo to emphasise the trio of crocus.

I think perhaps a bit of a crop would benefit the photo though.

Otherwise a good idea for the week.

Pity you couldn't think of anything for week 9, but it might still come to you later and then you can post it up then.

Cheers

thanks you here is croped
triocrop.jpg

Hiya Paul,

Yep a crop is better, and I had in mind how Tina has cropped it, just makes the 3 purple crocus stand out better.

Cheers

Sorry didn't reply, i have been away for a few days ! i dint get to see your crop Tina don't know why its not showing ??
I had a good catch up day today and came up with few shots

Week 9 FINISH

the finish on the side of a house (pebble-dash)

22Mar2011_0076.jpg

Knowledge

A Joiners Shop
and his knowledge
22Mar2011_0078.jpg

whoops got title wrong lol here is the re shoot

trio
22Mar2011_0091.jpg

Last edited:
Crikey! You've been busy ;)

Sorry about that, I cleaned up Flikr last night...late :confused: It was a square crop with the three purple crocus to right side...

I love finish (y) At first i thought it was a stony beach - did you use a filter? I might be inclined to clone out the wire...

I also like Knowledge, good thinking on your part. I might have framed the whole hand in and left out the Square, a little overkill on the tools of the trade? Good light and nice level of 'grubbiness'.

Your new trio shot has the same darkening of the sky as your finish shot. The filter question applies here also. I find three pegs on a line not terribly ...interesting :confused: But then I have to go now and hang the laundry out :(

Crikey! You've been busy ;)

Sorry about that, I cleaned up Flikr last night...late :confused: It was a square crop with the three purple crocus to right side...

I love finish (y) At first i thought it was a stony beach - did you use a filter? I might be inclined to clone out the wire...

I also like Knowledge, good thinking on your part. I might have framed the whole hand in and left out the Square, a little overkill on the tools of the trade? Good light and nice level of 'grubbiness'.

Your new trio shot has the same darkening of the sky as your finish shot. The filter question applies here also. I find three pegs on a line not terribly ...interesting :confused: But then I have to go now and hang the laundry out :(
thank you yes filter is a pz 77mm i think your right about the tools as well i was just happy to get any shot as i was falling behind go a great idea for this weeks as well hopefully will get it tomorrow

Three great pics there Paul - I like them all. Hard to choose a favourite. I think perhaps the trio as it's such an unusual and striking image.

For the trio I feel including a little more cloud would have added interest, but a great pic all the same.

Cheers, Patrick

Three great pics there Paul - I like them all. Hard to choose a favourite. I think perhaps the trio as it's such an unusual and striking image.

For the trio I feel including a little more cloud would have added interest, but a great pic all the same.

Cheers, Patrick
your right bang about the cloud i was waiting for more but that was not going to happen|! there was not any anywhere that day
thanks

well having had another look through my shots this one is growing on me for the trio re shoot

DSC00026-4copy.jpg

what do you think ?

Hiya Paul,

I have some catching up to do here:

Finish: I like your idea and it fits the theme well. My only crit would be the 'telephone' wire in the top right. Otherwise without that there, I think it would look a bit like a stone beach :D Great DOF and angle.

Knowledge: Great take on the theme and I like how you have your (c) on the piece of wood :D

Trio: Love the colours and the blue sky (not sure about the clouds though).

Re-shoot of Trio: Personally I prefer the first image. However I love the way you have caught the sun in the re-shoot. But the image is a tad too dark for me.

Cheers

Moderation
my daughter i idea of drinking in moderation

well caught up now and happy with this
i had built a bar for my daughter last week and i didn't want to take a shot of bottles or glasses as someone will have done that!! so i had in my mind just the bar but when i got there she had lined up few corks on the bar i thought that's it
i have posted 2
votes would be nice i like number 1
24Mar2011_1079.jpg

like this as well as the first cork is out of focus but gets you to try and look at the others i might go back and get a small dof so more is in focus
24Mar2011_1076.jpg

Hi, Paul, I really like your finished. I thought at first glance you'd done a tilt shift of a beach...:)

Nice simplicity with your trio, but think a quick curves adjust would improve the contrast and maybe bring out a few shadows.

Knowledge has a, dare I say it, nostalgic feel to it. Whole hand in would improve it.

#1 in your moderation, good take and nice dof. I feel a small all around crop may help.

Nice work and well done with catching up (y)

Cheers.

Hi Paul, I too also thought it was a beach on your finish shoot! Looks really good, and a great take on the theme.

Trio, I much prefer your first version of the pegs, the 2nd one is too dark for me.
Knowledge, very good, I agree that the full hand would make it even better.
Moderation, The 1st one is my preferred, like the dof and lighting.
(y)

And another one for the beach! It looks great.
For moderation i much prefer the first shot. I think the second version with greater dof would work better if the first cork was not cropped and the others were in a straighter line.

had a bit of a play with the finish shot re worked

22Mar2011_0076-1.jpg

cloned out verge and the wire

That looks much better Paul, do you have a seashell that you could blu tak to the wall for a reshoot? Think it would look brilliant, and cheaper than petrol to drive to the beach!

Hi Paul, I like your reshoot of the Fiat 500. Great composition and exposure. I like the framing too. Nice one.

I think the "new" photo and "trio" photo (the one without the trees and all) has potential and so does the "hard" photo (shoot on top of something harder like metal/stone/concrete?).

Hi Paul, I too thought initially that your Finish was a beach at first glance. Great colour and lighting in that shot.
Of the two Moderation shots the first one does it for me. I prefer the colours and focus.
I thought about a similar thing for trio, only using coloured socks on a line. The sky around here didnt lend itself to that though so I had a rethink. Yours works really well.

Nice work on all of your 52

Martin

Back