Deer photography at Ashton Court, Bristol?

have rather a lot of photos I can post from my day at Ashton Court

You have a real ability to capture expressions. Another lovely photo. I have to log off in a moment, got to go out, but very happy to enjoy anything you wish to post. i will check out your Flickr account too.

WHICH RED DEER STAG WILL WIN? by Robin Procter, on Flickr

When a third stag came trotting over to the fight scene I wondered if he was going to wait to fight the winner. But instead he circled around them and charged with his antlers into the rear end of one of them. This was hardly obeying the rules of head-to-head engagement!

After a moment of chaos they all separated and ran off in different directions. I got some photos of the chaos but unfortunately none in which you can see what was going on.

I got some photos of the chaos but unfortunately none in which you can see what was going on.

Grateful for the explanation of what the deer were doing, sounds interestingly complex on a social level. I used to work with animals quite a bit (pigs/goats) and found thier social behaviours very interesting. Anyway, another wonderful picture by you. You must be so pleased with the days excellent haul of photos :banana:. I hope you got a nice sit down after 7 hours!

Back