Deliberate Double Exposure

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
About a year ago I was given a Lomo Cosmic Symbol. I've been having great fun with deliberately double-exposing film. Here are some examples of outings where things have turned out well:

1. Austria, Winter
1.1 1.2

2. London, Contemporary Dance
2.1 2.2

3. London, The Classic Car Boot Sale
3.1 3.2

The only rules I set myself are, to shoot all 2x36 frames on the same topic/event and, to try shoot a good mix of blocky, contrasty images along with more muted frames to take advantage of how double exposures work see (2.2 for when this works)
The trickiest part is getting the registration right when starting the 2nd pass, but even when that goes wrong, it can make for interesting results (i.e 3.3 above).

Well, I don't know...they are thought provoking

The first 2 remind me of a collage, like freeze frame holiday highlights or something, but I still keep coming back to the same thought that you can shoot your whole holiday.........on half the amount of film everyone else does..:ROFLMAO:, I don't think that's the point, but to hold in your hand a whole holiday of highlights in one picture is a nice idea..:)
I'm not sure about titling them with their actual truthful separate subjects either, I mean its clearly 2 girls fighting in a street full of corrugated metal buildings and graffiti, not contemporary dance.
And the girl with the dogs head trying to pick some jewelry.......what would a Labrador choose...bone shaped earings....a tiara with "DOG" spelt in diamonds on it...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't need to know its a car boot sale..:)

Last edited:
Back