Digital Medium Format Thread

Hasselblad X2D got a firmware update, now has face detection AF - the 90V also got released.

I'd like the AF speed and light weight of the 90V, but letting go of the 80 1.9 would be difficult.. will wait to see more examples

There's also going to be a new CFV 100C I believe.. the little square 'digital back'

Last edited:
It's snowing, you've probably seen these views before :)

full

full

as it's 80% off final fee ebay weekend, and I quite fancy the 90V.

I've got a few things to sell before my kidneys, so goodbye to..

Hasselblad 80mm 1.9
Sony 35mm 1.4 GM
Sony 85mm 1.4 GM
Mavic Mini Pro 3

A couple from the GFX50SII & GF23mm.

I have to say I'm really enjoying the variety of photographs in this section, we all seem to photograph different things.

When Fuji announced the GF20-35mm I thought I'd regret getting the 23mm, but then I saw the weight and price of the 20-35mm which put my mind at ease. Had the 20-35mm been announced before I bought the 23mm I'd had have bought the 20-35mm instead, but I don't shoot much between 23-35mm so I'm happy with the 23mm.

Gants Hill by Stuart Mac, on Flickr

I was passing St Paul's a few weeks ago so thought I'd do a cheesy traffic trail shot. I actually went into London to do some night LE's but there's so many cranes on the skyline and building works every where you want to shoot. I was after a specific LE picture of a certain Christmas light in the middle of Regent St, but the place was absolutely rammed at 7.30pm on a Friday with people taking selfies in front of me with the lights in the background and I gave up after 25mins. It's a really awkward picture to get as I need to stand my tripod in the middle of the road (on the central pavement) in Regent St and get a bus to pass me simultaneously on my left/right sides within 5 secs - next time I will go up on a Sunday as it should be a lot quieter, I'm not giving up on it.

Bus Trails outside St Paul's by Stuart Mac, on Flickr

Last edited:
I was after a specific LE picture of a certain Christmas light in the middle of Regent St, but the place was absolutely rammed at 7.30pm on a Friday with people taking selfies in front of me with the lights in the background and I gave up after 25mins. It's a really awkward picture to get as I need to stand my tripod in the middle of the road (on the central pavement) in Regent St and get a bus to pass me simultaneously on my left/right sides within 5 secs - next time I will go up on a Sunday as it should be a lot quieter, I'm not giving up on it.

Sunday Mornings are a lot quieter!! Not taken on a Digital MF but the original X100 in 2017

170312 Regent Street by David Yeoman, on Flickr

These couple are from a project I am just starting, yes it based around cemeteries :)

This one is an experiment as I have converted it to B&W then messed about to darken the background and make the War Memorial stand out a little more. Not sure if it has worked as this is a first attempt.

B&W RS by K 91, on Flickr

Last edited:
@trevorbray As much as I try I just can't keep up to date with what your camera collection consists of :ROFLMAO:

Maybe you could post a spreadsheet detailing your inventory ? TIA

BTW I can't see anyone's exif data today on flickr including my own, has it changed ?

Last edited:
Mr Perceptive.
I have now ordered a mint 100-200 from ffords for £1200. E-finity sell the 20-35 for just under £2k but don't have it in stock.
I am in no hurry for the WA so will keep my eyes out for discounts.
Sounds like a good decision. I’ve experimented with adapted canon lenses and some work quite well. But in the end gone for the GF lenses.

A few from London on Sunday night. It'll be my last trip into London for many months as I find the streets rather unpleasant with crowds of people loitering taking selfies and don't get me started on those pedicabs with flashing lights, loud music, charging tourists £400 for a 20 min ride :muted:

On a brief visit to Canary Wharf I wondered how long it would take a security guard to appear once I erected my tripod. Within 10 mins one appeared over my shoulder and asked what I was doing, but to my amazement he was fine with it and we had a nice chat about camera gear. Just a pity someone turned the fountain on as I wanted it off so I could stand over the water and get the reflections, so its mushy milky fountain instead :giggle:

It was quite nice to leave knowing I won't need to visit London again for photography and can now focus more on other locations.

Cabot Square by Stuart Mac, on Flickr

Through Tower Bridge by Stuart Mac, on Flickr

As the tide was in I couldn't get down to the river bank to where I wanted to take this shot...

Tower Bridge by Stuart Mac, on Flickr

Last edited:
High ISO 12800
Processed in PureRaw3
GFX100s 45mm f2.8

Angel Hotel Yard Guildford UK-2 by Trevor, on Flickr

This is an area I need to experiment with, generally I've been limiting ISO to 6400, I need to try higher with night-time shots so I can get more DOF - I use DXO PureRAW as well - a task over the Christmas Period I think

Back