Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Welcome (back), my friends
to the show that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside! ...

Will there be new full list of themes and techniques for 2022?

Probably - but I don't see what purpose it serves. I've never looked.

I know am very late to this whole thing and I only discovered the 2021 themes a few weeks ago, They gave me some idea of what's been used so far and what might still be coming.

In my case I need all the :help: I can get! A chance to practice some might help.

Will there be new full list of themes and techniques for 2022?
Yes I'll start to populate the list towards the end of the year, when I know whats "spent" from this years list.
And adding more as I find them.

Will there be cake?
Jaffa type but your'll have to be quick

Probably - but I don't see what purpose it serves. I've never looked.
TBH its more for my benefit, to keep track of things, but it is visible to all.

Last edited:
Are you looking for any theme suggestions or do you have enough?

OK. I will have a thunk!

Eye
Shadow
Food
Straight line(s)
Leg(s) or Body Part
China
Receptacle
Square

Any idea on early themes for next year ('22)? I stand half a chance of completing this if I have time to plan a little (just so the best laid plans can gang a'gley!)

Any idea on early themes for next year ('22)? I stand half a chance of completing this if I have time to plan a little (just so the best laid plans can gang a'gley!)
There will be 100 + random themes and picked at errr random.
This is the current year. (2021)

Just a thought for 2022.... if we are going to stick with the idea of a technique..... could we always have the free week in the last week of the technique period to make life a little easier? That is if we are going to have free weeks :)

You know we all need an easy life .... :LOL:

The way it normally works (says he who has been involved for a year and 11 months) is that there are too many themes for the year.

So you could go away and practice a them because you’ve seen it on the list, and it never comes up.

I also thought it would be useful to see them all beforehand, but in practice I’ve never visited the themes thread since the start of 2020.

That is if we are going to have free weeks :)
No reason to change that :)

could we always have the free week in the last week of the technique period to make life a little easier?
But that would remove the surprise element :)
However if you follow the list of themes the snappers choice is there ( will be shortly) for all to see.

there are too many themes for the year.
Random draw from a list of about 100 or so :)
If I listed all 52 out that would make your lives far too easy.

you never know what @Cobra has up his sleeve :)
I doubt there will be much if any change for 2022, the current format seems to have worked for the last 2 or 3 years :)
But as I always say towards the end of the year, if someone else whats to run it, however they see fit, then just shout and its all yours (y)

I was just trying to explain why seeing the full list of possible themes is not that helpful for practice.
I can hide them no problem, either that or don't look.
If you can't help yourself, I can help you not look ;)

TBH I never even thought that people would practice the themes in advance.

Not for me - as said above, before starting my first one I thought it would be good to see them all. But I actually prefer just seeing them every Thursday and taking it from there.

Yep me too :)

Do I don't I? Only made it about half way in 2021 hoping infrared would boost my chances. To be fair I enjoyed it but just didn't manage to carry on after a certain point :-(
I don't think it is easy to find the time all year to keep at it. Inevitably there are times when other things get in the way.

The one thing I really like about the 52 is that it makes me think and perhaps plan a shot ( sometimes I'm better at thinking about it than actually executing my ideas). I think it helps me move out of my comfort zone and try some other stuff, and no-one is going to vilify you if it's all a bit rubbish. The first 52 I did, I spent too much time trying to get a shot I was proud of. Sometimes you just need to take a shot and move on. It doesn't matter :)

I have nothing to say, just wanted to appear on the first page of the 2022 discussion thread.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to hold out for the 12 if that goes ahead.

Maybe use the same themes the first week of each month, or anyone of the 4 themes from that month? Keep it all in the same group of people as for me that's the best bit the community round it.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to hold out for the 12 if that goes ahead.
The 12 will be the POTY. The themes will be designated by Marc.
Watch for the thread when it is posted.

I'm a bit surprised but I find myself eager to get started and impatiently waiting lol.
Don't hold your breath though Week 1 is not until the 6th of Jan ..
:)

Everything is now visible for 2022.
The "front page" will stay locked till next week.
The scrolls are live as is the flickr group.
Gentlemen & Gentlewomen start your engines threads at your leisure.

Last edited:
:banana: :naughty: :banana:

Back