Dizzy - My 52!! 52.26 Night

Your emotion shot is a classic David

The composition is superb and the B&W is well up to the excellent standard you have set!

Very very good :)

Well another great week for you I think...:clap::clap::clap:

There is nothing to add that's not already been said...other than...

Fantastic mate...(y)

Wow, thanks Marcus. It could all come crashing down this week. I don't know about you but inspiration seems to have gone on holiday when it comes to complex!!

Your emotion shot is a classic David

The composition is superb and the B&W is well up to the excellent standard you have set!

Very very good :)

High praise indeed, thanks John. I think I may get this up on the wall as it's nice to have more unusual shots of the kids.

:clap::clap: very very well done David, that shot is spot on (y) Well done to you for capturing and to Hollie for portraying the emotion so well.

:clap::clap: very very well done David, that shot is spot on (y) Well done to you for capturing and to Hollie for portraying the emotion so well.

Cheers mate. Think I may owe her a treat by the look of it!!

Sorry I'm late, it's been another long stretch at work!

52.21 Complex. Complex?? Well, I had quite a few complex looking things that might have fitted the bill, but no macro lens so they wouldn't really work. So... What could I think of that's complex. Nothing! That was until I heard Jack practicing the same song over and over on his guitar (which was nice) starting from very slow and awkward and gradually starting to sound like the actual song! So here we have, 52.21 Complex - Purple Haze! (more practice needed by the way!!)

3590844224_fa99ddb0d2_o.jpg

Though you were not going to make it this week...:eek:

Well done for getting it in...:clap:

It's another one of your trademark B&W conversions, and nicely done too...:clap::clap::clap:

Fits the theme for me, their is no way I could even start playing the guitar...:LOL:

Just one tiny (ya I know) being picky, but I know you won't mind me saying but it would have been better without the cropped off folder corner...

Your such a perfectionist I'm sure you won't mind the comment...(y)

Damn, I missed that! Thanks, marcus. I actually wanted the amp where the folder an vice versa, but his lead wasn't long enough!

why thank you!

Hi David

Emotion - what a great captured moment of teenage ennui and the white space just emphasises that. A superb picture and I hope you put it on the wall like you said you would :clap::clap::clap:

Complex - Well done for getting one in. I too thought you weren't going to make it. Yet another (why am I surprised :shrug:) great monoconversion from you and, again, spot on for the theme. :clap::clap::clap:

thanks, jill. It's been a very hectic week as I've been moved to a new appointment at work. It's meant a lot of extra work on top of already long hours, but it's a very good feather towards getting my WO2!

Many thanks about the emotion shot, even a blind squirrel...

Apologies to everyone - I know I've got a lot of catching up to do on everyones shots and I promise I'll get stuck in as soon as I can get on the site using something other than my phone!

I like that David as you say would have been nice if the amp and folder were the other way round but i like it :D

thanks!

52.22 Time. Well, I think that this week really should be entitled 'Irony' for me if you remember the shot I did a few weeks ago for 52.16 - Longing... It would appear that we should have done more with that pregnancy kit than just pose for a picture!! It's been a little hectic for the last 2 weeks since we found out and for quite a while we'd just not even thought that it was a pregnancy, we just thought Jo was being irregular because of the stress of the last few months. When she started getting very sick we took a trip to the hospital only to be told that sickness was entirely to be expected with a pregnancy! We're both over the moon and hadn't really expected it. We thought we were only a few years away from our two flying the nest (they're 17 and 15!!) and us having lots of spare cash for camera equipment. Well, that was my plan I'm not sure Jo had the same idea! We had to go for the first scan the other day and thought it would be quite an apt prop for this week. So, 52.22 Time - A Magical Time!!

3606003664_f5c1a89a30_o.jpg

Many congratulations to you and Jo, Dizzy. There's no more magical time than a new baby in the family. :):)

Never mind the camera equipment - just think of all the amazing photo opportunities ahead. :D:D

I hope Jo's soon through the sickness stage and you can both enjoy the months ahead.

The picture's great, btw, and already the baby's adopted a good stance for holding a camera. :LOL:

Jean

Many congratulations to you and Jo, Dizzy. There's no more magical time than a new baby in the family. :):)

Never mind the camera equipment - just think of all the amazing photo opportunities ahead. :D:D

I hope Jo's soon through the sickness stage and you can both enjoy the months ahead.

The picture's great, btw, and already the baby's adopted a good stance for holding a camera. :LOL:

Jean

Thanks, jean, much appreciated. I've got to try and work out how to do low key portraits showing the bump developing, any tips??

Congratulations David and Jo, and I have to agree very ironic. Love the shot, it's certainly captured that early special time.

Congratulations David and Jo, and I have to agree very ironic. Love the shot, it's certainly captured that early special time.

That's fantastic new...:clap::clap::clap:

Nice to hear your having some good news and your over the moon...:D

Your shot fits the theme so well, guess your go to any lengths to get your shot...:LOL:

Excellent news...Congratulations David and Jo...(y)

thanks, guys! Much appreciated! I've passed the comments on to Jo, she's beaming and very sparkly eyed.

Marcus, I'm not sure i'll be able to top this one for going to any lengths to get the shot!!!

congtulations :D

The shot is fantastic, great conversion (as always) brill compositon and suck a great time for you both.

Firstly Complex great shot and I know that feeling of practising like that - over and over and over until - bingo :) Lovely shot - well composed and spot on the theme

Time - a fantastic time - congrats to you and Jo :) and how ironic :)

And its inspired a terrific image - well put together and would not look out of place adoring any magazine article on the subject of pregnancy and parenting

Very well done on both counts :D (y)

congtulations :D

The shot is fantastic, great conversion (as always) brill compositon and suck a great time for you both.

Thank you very much! I presume you meant such a great time ;)

Firstly Complex great shot and I know that feeling of practising like that - over and over and over until - bingo :) Lovely shot - well composed and spot on the theme

Time - a fantastic time - congrats to you and Jo :) and how ironic :)

And its inspired a terrific image - well put together and would not look out of place adoring any magazine article on the subject of pregnancy and parenting

Very well done on both counts :D (y)

Many thanks indeed. I didn't think people were too impressed with complex!

Congrats to both of you a truly magical time for you both. As for the picture, well what can I say, it has all the elements to meet the theme and is well composed and photographed to boot. Super stuff(y)

Thanks very much Mark. Much appreciated.

Complex - I like the conversion and it fits the theme beautifully. Cropped corner on the folder doesn't bother me but I find it looks a bit too staged.

More importantly though...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

VERY exciting news and I'm really happy for you ;)

Great shot to illustrate your news too! I also can see it in a mother & baby mag. Just lovely (y)

Wow David, fantastic news and congratulations to you both :woot:

Great interpretation of the theme too :clap::clap::clap:

And you´ve even got the confirmation in black and white :D

Complex - I like the conversion and it fits the theme beautifully. Cropped corner on the folder doesn't bother me but I find it looks a bit too staged.

More importantly though...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

VERY exciting news and I'm really happy for you ;)

Great shot to illustrate your news too! I also can see it in a mother & baby mag. Just lovely (y)

Thanks for the constructive crit and the congrats!! (y)

Wow David, fantastic news and congratulations to you both :woot:

Great interpretation of the theme too :clap::clap::clap:

And you´ve even got the confirmation in black and white :D

Thanks so much, the best things come in Black and white!!! :D

Well, first of all apologies for yet another late entry. We've had a complete IT Meltdown and I've been working all hours out in the desert so I've not had a chance to get things working again until today.

52.23 Inspiration - Taid. Well I thought immediately of who/what has given me inspiration in the past and also was trying to think of having inspiration to try something new. So, I thought why not combine the two?? I had a shot of my Taid (welsh grandfather) who sadly passed away last year, that I took on his 80th birthday. He was the loveliest man I've ever known and always inspired me to be a kinder and better man. He still does.

So, trying something new. I had vague recollections of seeing some shots of San Francisco of a photographer's work shot through a view finder of his fathers old large format camera. Well, I have a 1950's box brownie on the bookcase so thought I'd give it a go! It was a very heavy crop from a shot using the nifty fifty. Something like a 75-300 macro would probably have helped. That said, I think having to enlarge the image to be 800 pixels has helped with the effect that I was looking for. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but it's one of the biggest inspirations in my life combined with inspiration to experiment with new effects and that's what I love about doing My 52! 52.23 Inspiration - Taid.

3639061183_3c89660fe0_o.jpg

Love the idea and the sentiment, although am not 100% sure the viewfinder effect works with this subject. I can see what you aiming for but i think it would work better with a landscape.

I think you may be right. The only landscapes that inspire me are back in gods country though!!

Actually, I rather like this!! I think if it was a tighter crop without the space of the table, it'd work better, but that empty space is a tad distracting? :shrug:

(y) :clap:

Actually, I rather like this!! I think if it was a tighter crop without the space of the table, it'd work better, but that empty space is a tad distracting? :shrug:

(y) :clap:

Thanks. Looking at it again I think thr problem has come from having to increase the image size from 300 px to 800. As 300 there was nice grain on the table and the reflection of the picture. Oh well, it was worth a try.

The shot's got a nostalgic feel to it and it makes me wish I'd know your Taid. I can imagine the photo on a window sill in an old Welsh stone cottage with a slate roof, and you just caught a glimpse of it as you walked past the window. Very atmospheric. :)

It was a very clever idea - and (you don't get many comments on your threads like the one that follows) I love the colours - completely in harmony with the subject. (y)

Jean

thanks, Jean. That's kind of you to say. I might not delete it after all!!

52.24 development. A big thank you this week to our friends for indulging me again and letting Marcus model and also for letting me use their computer to post this up (hoping that I'll have a computer up and running on tuesday!). I was going to do a low key portrait of Jo's rapidly expanding tummy, but I need some advice on how to do that still without studio lights. So I thought about the development of a child. I originally thought that I'd try and get a shot of him with a book or something like that, but wanted to keep an open mind this time. After a few minutes it struck me that his development was the shot. Every time we see him he's developing more and more charachter and charms. Today he was developing cheeky whilst developing his skills on his tractor! It also struck me the development since he stared in 52.4 surprise! 52.24 Development - Cheeky, moi??

Back