dlh's 52 for 2010 - Week 16 Stare

I'm sorry I've missed a few weeks on your thread, Darren. It's really hard to keep up, especially when I never seem to get my own shot up until the last minute.

However, I've chosen the right week to drop in. 'Single' is powerful, poignant and elequent. I can't imagine not being with my family - even though the kids have long since left home - and the week-ends with your daughter must be very precious. You've captured a whole raft of emotions in a deceptively simple shot. :clap::clap:

I think this is your best image on your 52.

Jean

I've not even attempted submitting anything to the stock sites - don't think I'm any where near good enough yet. Be nice to get something on there sometime though.

I didn't think I was until I looked through some of the submissions on there and thought I can do better than that. Whether they'll ever sell is another matter, but I thought it an idea to put my foot in the door.

That's a great deep take on the theme, the shots with the raw emotion attached always make for a more impressive image, well done.

Thanks Chris. Glad I went with my gut feeling fro this one.

I'm sorry I've missed a few weeks on your thread, Darren. It's really hard to keep up, especially when I never seem to get my own shot up until the last minute.

However, I've chosen the right week to drop in. 'Single' is powerful, poignant and elequent. I can't imagine not being with my family - even though the kids have long since left home - and the week-ends with your daughter must be very precious. You've captured a whole raft of emotions in a deceptively simple shot. :clap::clap:

I think this is your best image on your 52.

Thank you Jean. I'd give anything for the chance to come home from work to find everyone here waiting for me. Missed my chance now though.

Quick update. Finally got my first submission (four images) accepted by Alamy :D Thanks to Holryn for suggesting Shoot as a possibility for them (y)

:crying::crying: Single has made me sad. Lovely shot though hits the theme right on the head.

Hope you find happiness again soon (y)

God, mate, I'm gutted for you. That's really brave, open and honest of you. I feel like giving you a hug and buying you a pint.

Darren your Single shot is fantastic and only strengthened by the your story behind it, even without that the concept is there!
One of the best shots for the topic (imo) - Sorry for your situation; similar boat so I understand the pain ;)

Have to say Darren that Single is the shot of the week for me so far.

Powerful stuff.

(y)

Ian.

:crying::crying: Single has made me sad. Lovely shot though hits the theme right on the head.

Hope you find happiness again soon (y)

Don't be sad. Life's not that bad really :)

God, mate, I'm gutted for you. That's really brave, open and honest of you. I feel like giving you a hug and buying you a pint.

Very kind. Can I have a few pints before the hug? ;)

Darren your Single shot is fantastic and only strengthened by the your story behind it, even without that the concept is there!
One of the best shots for the topic (imo) - Sorry for your situation; similar boat so I understand the pain ;)

Thank you kindly.

Single is awesome shot - very poignant, well on theme and nicely composed!

Thanks.

Have to say Darren that Single is the shot of the week for me so far.

Powerful stuff.

(y)

Thank you very much.

Bit overwhelmed that this is striking a chord with so many people. Thank you all so much for all your comments :)

Taking inspiration from Dr Who today. Whilst not as scary, would you dare blink to find out?

Having literally just watched Dr Who, when this popped up I did a bit of a double take, just in case :D.

Great lighting and focus (y)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I saw the image before I read your words and my first thought was Doctor Who.

Beautiful but eerie too.
(y) I really, really like this.

You've used the light to really good effect. I love the contrast between the shadow under her hair and the light on her face.
The focus on her eyes is spot on and you've got some beautiful detail in the stonework.

There is one tiny change I'd make.
There's a bit of cobweb between her nose and upper lip. Now I actually quite like the cobwebby bits elsewhere - they add to the atmosphere of it. But this one is making her look like her nose is running :LOL:
I'm desperate to see it cloned out. Sorry for being so picky. I know it's only a tiny little thing but now that I've seen it I can't help staring at it and it's distracting me from an otherwise superb image.

Darren, not having watched Dr Who, I can't comment on that part. I like your image though. It is sharp, I like the dof you have here, the tone and colour of the image are easy on the eye.
My first impression of this was that it was linked in some way to your 'single' image, let me explain, my interpretation is that it looks like the statue is crying, the discolouration on the stone looks like a tear running down the cheek. Sorry if thats a bit random or abstract but that's what came to mind.
Cheers Iain

Lovely shot of a lovely bride for Candid.

Gritty type of shot for Produce, :clap:for giving up smoking.

Groan for the Quad core, but a fun shot!

Shoot(s) works well, can't explain why I like it but I do

Single...quite a deep and personal reason behind the shot and as a combination (y)]

Stare.... haven't followed Dr Who for a long time, haven't even tried to watch the new stuff :shrug:. Fits the theme and nicely lit with the shadows.

I think this is a really strong image. I took a couple of statue shots myself for this week in case I failed to get a strong portrait - this is way better than any of mine.

Really like it,

Phil

This is a really strong image Darren.

Lovely light and composition.

Fits the theme perfectly (y)

I haven't seen this weeks Doctor Who yet as I'm working nights. I need to catch up on iplayer.

Andy

That's a nice image Darren.

Good composition and a good balance of tones between light and dark. There are a few distracting bits and bobs (the web Sarah mentioned, and a few blobs on the statue's cheek) but that also highlights the texture of the image, so I'm not sure whether their removal would make things better.

Nice image for the week though.

Ian.

Nice shot Darren.

The textures have shown up nicely and I quite like the details brought out which enhance the imperfections ofthe statue.

Reminds me of the Delboy sketch with the weeping Virgin Mary.

That's lovley Darren, spot on theme, and really well taken. Yeah I can see the Dr Who connection ;)

Very nice composition and soft colours. Lots of detail there (including the cobweb ;)).

Not being a telly watcher I don't get the reference but it is a lovely image. (y)

Back